List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Barnett is close to re-signing, while he hasn’t set the world on fire he is a ruck who take a while to develop.

The haste in which some posters are willing to put him up for trading in Curtin is silly imo.

Curtin looked good in his last SANfL game getting 31 disposals, but the same question an over Curtin in his draft year are still unresolved…

What is he?
Bit of Brendan Goddard style player?

Priority needs to be another developed mid. Buss would be a better get in the long term but Baker would slot into the midfield perfectly now. Hopefully the club can find a way to get both

There are developed mids on the market every year.

An OOC key position defender, former first round pick with a couple of years under his belt doesn’t come up for for us every year.

For long term list priorities Busslinger is absolutely #1 priority.

Also keeping an eye on 190cm Dandenong pair Cooper Hynes and Harvey Langford.

Great call :thumbsu: , both good options and Langford has impressed me with his ball use.
Our second rounder is bang on where I think they will come off the board.

That said Busslinger would be my # 1 target at seasons end, I am hoping a F2 might get that done.

There are developed mids on the market every year.

An OOC key position defender, former first round pick with a couple of years under his belt doesn’t come up for for us every year.

For long term list priorities Busslinger is absolutely #1 priority.
Or save the pick required to lure him over and get samtaylor in?

Or save the pick required to lure him over and get samtaylor in?
Sam Taylor will be a FA next year so won’t require picks (there’s no way GWS could financially match the offers he’ll receive) and if he did it would be infinitely more than what Buss would cost.

Still working his way back into game shape, Draper had a much stronger outing in the second state trial match for the U18's. He played in shorter bursts and spent plenty of time on the bench, but ran out the full game and was influential, although he noticeably tired as the game went on.

He's like a mini version of Dangerfield when he was at the Falcons. Powerful athlete who plays with really high intensity

On first crack they were talking about 6,7,8 wins for us now.

Which could mean pick 5 or 6 if that eventuates.

It's obviously a different situation to what North were in rd24 last year because any wins are like gold to a rebuilding side but it'd also suck to miss out on a gun mid kid.

I still think we'll probably finish 15/16 so pick 3/4

But would also take a bunch more wins and pick 6/7

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Taylor will be a FA next year so won’t require picks (there’s no way GWS could financially match the offers he’ll receive) and if he did it would be infinitely more than what Buss would cost.
Exactly my point. Why use a pic on buss if sam is soon available. Buss is a great get but I'd argue not priority. Our mids and wings imo is priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obviously a different situation to what North were in rd24 last year because any wins are like gold to a rebuilding side but it'd also suck to miss out on a gun mid kid.

Draft is tracking really well, going to be very even in the top 5 or so picks so I'm more than happy to get some more wins on the board and still get an exciting kid.

Been meaning to make the following comment for a while.

Last year, by this time of the year, we saw that many of the CTL teams were loaded with bottom agers, and the same for many of the SANFL Colts teams.

Then many of the U18 State teams were also loaded with bottom agers.

However we’re not seeing anything similar this year.

Does that mean there’s greater depth in this year’s draft crop, or next year’s group isn’t as strong?

Wonder if West Coast look trade a future first or second rounder to get another pick in this year’s draft.

Last year, by this time of the year, we saw that many of the CTL teams were loaded with bottom agers, and the same for many of the SANFL Colts teams.

Does that mean there’s greater depth in this year’s draft crop, or next year’s group isn’t as strong?

Wonder if West Coast look trade a future first or second rounder to get another pick in this year’s draft.
Perhaps. WC may want to hold their 1st in 2025 though, as I think they're going to have a huge swing at Chad Warner

A look at the early favourite for pick 1 in 2025, manchild Dyson Sharp. Playing off half back with stints through the middle, even at only 16 years of age Dyson is already more than capable of matching it physically against his opponents from the U20 team. Strong over the footy, excellent balance and composure, nice mark and excellent disposal... plenty to be excited about for the future.

Hawthorn will win more games, they are better than their ladder position.

Realistically we finish at least above north and Richmond. Saints - depends on how we perform against them. They play us twice and Richmond. We know Ross Lyon will sacrifice players and tagReid, gov and yeo. Then let steele loose on the rest.

When there was talk about trading a future first last year WCE_phil suggested this year would be the year to trade a future first. Think he also said the AFL were looking into being able to trade picks 2 years in advance?

Wow must have been tough holding that comment in.

Hope you feel better now.

Exactly my point. Why use a pic on buss if sam is soon available. Buss is a great get but I'd argue not priority. Our mids and wings imo is priority
What about if we pass on busslinger and Taylor doesn't leave GWS?
Is there anything to suggest he wants to leave gws?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back