List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
A simple deal of pick 2 and Port's future R2 for Suns picks 5 and 7 plus the Bowes full salary makes sense for both clubs. We can sweeten it by making it our future R2 and not the Port pick.

There are 2 problems:-
1. Does Bowes want to come to us
2. Do the Suns have a target at 2 (other than Hollands who will be there at a minimum at 7 and most likely at 12)

No idea on the first but I could see packaging 25 31 34 (maybe also some R3 picks they have) to St Kilda for Long and 9. Long should basically be only worth a R3 pick on his own.

Which club could afford $800k for a player that may not be best 22 ( injuries ) = $800k for pick 7 .
Hope Bowes can do well though and has talent !
Think saints are trying to offload hill to free up space .
Long is going to GC on probably half of bowes salary .

Bowes is a croweater through and through. He grew up with a footy always in his hand and idolising his hero Darren Jarman, who kicked 5 goals in the 4th quarter of the 1997 grand final.

Early whispers suggest Bowes wants to go back to his native city of Glenelg. Unlikely we get him to move to WA.

Eagles GOAT Jarrod Brander has been delisted by the Giants.

Cadman listed at 196cm now, he's going to be a big unit in like 2 years. Maybe we draft him and get a bid with our second pick

Young tall Jarrod Brander just delisted from GWS. High draft pick who can play well in a range of positions. Hard nosed approach to his footy. Any interest from us?

Young tall Jarrod Brander just delisted from GWS. High draft pick who can play well in a range of positions. Hard nosed approach to his footy. Any interest from us?
look, brilliant prospect but Simmo insisted on playing him out of position. basically on the field.

PS - Out of position is the lamest BF excise offered a professional footballers performance.

Bowes is a croweater through and through. He grew up with a footy always in his hand and idolising his hero Darren Jarman, who kicked 5 goals in the 4th quarter of the 1997 grand final.

Early whispers suggest Bowes wants to go back to his native city of Glenelg. Unlikely we get him to move to WA.
It won't work because he's originally for Alice Springs, he moved to Glenelg Close as a young fella, all the mail says he want to go to Tassie on big $$..
Screenshot_2022-09-23-10-48-57-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I've gotta say I'm stunned at the Brander decision. You can say whatever you like about his time at West Coast -- whether he had his opportunities and blew them, or he was disadvantaged by being played out of position or whatever. But since GWS picked him up as a delisted free agent, he would have been on minimum coin. I would have expected them to give him two years.

On one hand, it makes the decision to let him go seem completely legitimate. On the other hand, it raises the question about how such a dud got picked at 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gotta say I'm stunned at the Brander decision. You can say whatever you like about his time at West Coast -- whether he had his opportunities and blew them, or he was disadvantaged by being played out of position or whatever. But since GWS picked him up as a delisted free agent, he would have been on minimum coin. I would have expected them to give him two years.

On one hand, it makes the decision to let him go seem completely legitimate. On the other hand, it raises the question about how such a dud got picked at 13.

Probably because he's a sook and softer than fancy 4 ply toilet paper.

The AFL draft and scouting process doesn't have anywhere near the same level of professionalism that the US sports has, nor are football programs these kids come through as demanding.

There will always be duds that get picked at the high levels simply because the volume of work to make a draft "guess" on is so small.

The AFL draft and scouting process doesn't have anywhere near the same level of professionalism that the US sports has, nor are football programs these kids come through as demanding.

There will always be duds that get picked at the high levels simply because the volume of work to make a draft "guess" on is so small.
Have you seen the NBA and NFL Drafts? There are plenty of duds that come through that systems as well in their drafts.

You just don't know what will happen at the next level, and a lot of factors will go into whether someone makes it or not.

They want something back, just like last year and Brodie.

2021 Brodie + 2nd rounder for Freo's future 2nd going back.
Yep - this is the big part that the article is missing. You would think they want either a likely early F2 or late F1.

It's so frustrating that the media keep forgetting that the Brodie trade had a F2 coming back.

In the little run of consistent games Brander played for us, his skills and decision making were decent. He just seems to have zero intensity and determination. Not once did I see a change of demeanour going into a game to throw some weight around and bust some packs. Sort of guy you wanna grab by the scruff of his guernsey and fire him up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you seen the NBA and NFL Drafts? There are plenty of duds that come through that systems as well in their drafts.

You just don't know what will happen at the next level, and a lot of factors will go into whether someone makes it or not.

Interesting article about the Swans academies.

Similar has happened loads of times in the past.

Carlton drafted SPS at 6, imagine.

Melbourne could field a squad with all their failures.

Even our worst high draft picks usually make a career out of it (Marsden etc).

Good development programs are the most underrated aspect of football clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back