List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Would we be more inclined to take Tsatas with pick 2 if we traded for Robertson? We'd have Culley, Robertson, Redden, Clark, L.Edwards, Yeo and Sheed as inside midfield options if we brought him in.

Also

I wouldn't be splitting our picks unless we got an offer that was to good to refuse like 2 and 20 for pick 5 & 7. I think there's a major need for the club to take the best available with Wardlaw and Tsatas looking a cut above everyone else.

I really like Sheezel as well but he's not what we need.

Last edited:
Would we be more inclined to take Tsatas with pick 2 if we traded for Robertson? We'd have Culley, Robertson, Redden, Clark, L.Edwards, Yeo and Sheed as inside midfield options if we brought him in.

Also

I wouldn't be splitting our picks unless we got an offer that was to good to refuse like 2 and 20 for pick 5 & 7. I think there's a major need for club to take the best available with Wardlaw and Tsatas looking a cut above everyone else.

I really like Sheezel as well but he's not what we need.
I agree get Tsatas is a tall lad and will fill out too

Something my old boy came up with. Apologies if someones come up with it first - i dont read into things this far with trades etc — seems like a good idea to me.

Let me know if you think its good or flawed in some way:

<<<Brisbane has 2 father son players in this years draft. According to AFL’s Callum Toomey they are likely to go at picks 1 & 15 needing 3000 & 1112 points respectively. If West Coast give Brisbane picks 20 & 26 for Brisbane pick 13 and their second round pick next year, it’s a win for both clubs .

West Coast could also guarantee not bidding for the father son players leaving Brisbane to do a deal with North Melbourne to do the same thereby reducing draft points needed drastically.

Brisbane seems certain to get a reasonably high pick for McStay when he nominates going to Collingwood.

Note the draft order may change subject to concessions given to North Melbourne

Pick 20 is 912 points and 26 is 729>>>
Anyone???

The AFL required Cousins to be delisted. That was a bit of a special case.

If you think the club would have kept Johnny Randomspud on the list for two years if he’d been rubbed out by ASADA, I think you’re sorely mistaken.
Clubs own fault for not giving Randomspud a chance in the middle at AFL level and let him waste away on a HFF and/or in the WAFL

I've been seeing all these crazy three team trade scenarios so if you can't beat them, eclipse them with a five team trade!!!!

Oh and no need to rip it apart, i know it's not happening but why should i let everyone else have all the fun? :cool:

West Coast trade Pick 3 and our 2023 2nd round pick (20) & 3rd round pick (38) to Gold Coast for Pick 5 (crows pick) and picks 25, 32 & 33. (3611 points to 3781) Slight points upgrade to us but GC get 1377 points for next years academy picks.

West Coast trade Brisbane picks 25, 26, 32, 33 for pick 13, 2023 second rounder and Deven Robertson. (2307 points compared to 1202 points) 400 points upgrade for Brissie and values Deven at Pick 39. Also assumes their 2nd rounder next year will be about the same as where they finish this year (31-32-33) They will also still have their picks 31 & 44 in this years draft too so they will get both Ashcroft & Fletcher and still have some change left over.

West Coast trade pick 20 and Junior Rioli to Port Power for Pick 9 (912 points to 1614 point) values Junior Rioli at pick 26-29 by the time pick 20 slides. Port get their man and have pick 20 and Amon compensation to land Grundy.

West Coast trade pick 38 to Fremantle for Lloyd Meek. They might as well get something for him if they bring Jackson in. The extra pick might help them to secure Jackson.

WEST COAST
IN: 5, 7, 13, 2023 (BL 2nd round pick) Deven Robertson & Lloyd Meek.
OUT: 3, 20, 26, 38, 2023 2nd round & 3rd round pick, Junior Rioli

GOLD COAST
IN: 3, 2023 (WC 2nd & 3rd round picks)
OUT: Pick 5, 25, 32 & 33.

BRISBANE
IN: 25, 26, 32, 33.
OUT: 13, Deven Robertson & 2023 2nd round pick.

PORT ADELAIDE
IN: Junior Rioli, Pick 20
OUT: Pick 7

FREMANTLE
IN: Pick 38
Out: Lloyd Meek

We head to the draft with picks 5, 7, 13 (Take 3 of Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas, Busslinger, Clark, Phillipou, Hewett, Mackenzie, Humphrey, Ginbey, Cadman)

We gain a young inside mid in Robertson and a youngish ruck in Meek but lose a 2023 3rd round pick and Junior Rioli.

Alternatively we could also offer pick 38 to Port for Lycett instead of Meek (we all know they are a pack of campaigners and would squeal giving up pick 7) as long as Port pay some of his salary.

It's still a salary dump for Port to help them fit in Grundy and they get a decent pick for him too to help facilitate a trade with Collingwood.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been seeing all these crazy three team trade scenarios so if you can't beat them, eclipse them with a five team trade and no need to rip it apart, i know it's not happening but why should i let everyone else have all the fun?

West Coast trade Pick 3 and our 2023 2nd round pick (20) & 3rd round pick (38) to Gold Coast for Pick 5 (crows pick) and picks 25, 32 & 33. (3611 points to 3781) Slight points upgrade to us but GC get 1377 points for next years academy picks.

West Coast trade Brisbane picks 25, 26, 32, 33 for pick 13, 2023 second rounder and Deven Robertson. (2307 points compared to 1202 points) 400 points upgrade for Brissie and values Deven at Pick 39. Also assumes that pick 32-33 will be the same as where they finish next year. They will also still have their picks 31 & 44 in this years draft too so they will get both Ashcroft & Fletcher and still have a pick or two to play with.

West Coast trade pick 20 and Junior Rioli to Port Power for Pick 7 (912 points to 1614 point) values Junior Rioli at pick 26. Port get their man and have pick 20 and Amon compensation to land Grundy.

West Coast trade pick 38 to Fremantle for Lloyd Meek. They might as well get something for him if they bring Jackson in. The extra pick might help them to secure Jackson.

WEST COAST

GOLD COAST

BRISBANE

PORT ADELAIDE

FREMANTLE

We head to the draft with picks 5, 7, 13 (Take 3 of Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas, Busslinger, Clark, Phillipou, Hewett, Mackenzie, Humphrey, Ginbey)

We gain a young inside mid in Robertson and a youngish ruck in Meek but lose a 2023 3rd round pick and Junior Rioli.

Well I’m in.

Can you do a ring around, get everyone else onboard and get this done by tomorrow?

Save everyone a bit of time in trade week?

Book it

I've been seeing all these crazy three team trade scenarios so if you can't beat them, eclipse them with a five team trade!!!!

Oh and no need to rip it apart, i know it's not happening but why should i let everyone else have all the fun? :cool:

West Coast trade Brisbane picks 25, 26, 32, 33 for pick 13, 2023 second rounder and Deven Robertson. (2307 points compared to 1202 points) 400 points upgrade for Brissie and values Deven at Pick 39. Also assumes their 2nd rounder next year will be about the same as where they finish this year (31-32-33) They will also still have their picks 31 & 44 in this years draft too so they will get both Ashcroft & Fletcher and still have some change left over.

West Coast trade pick 20 and Junior Rioli to Port Power for Pick 7 (912 points to 1614 point) values Junior Rioli at pick 26. Port get their man and have pick 20 and Amon compensation to land Grundy.

WEST COAST

GOLD COAST

BRISBANE

PORT ADELAIDE

FREMANTLE

We head to the draft with picks 5, 7, 13 (Take 3 of Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas, Busslinger, Clark, Phillipou, Hewett, Mackenzie, Humphrey, Ginbey, Cadman)

Alternatively we could also offer pick 38 to Port for Lycett instead of Meek (we all know they are a pack of campaigners and would squeal giving up pick 7) as long as Port pay some of his salary.

It's still a salary dump for Port to help them fit in Grundy and they get a decent pick for him too to help facilitate a trade with Collingwood.

WEST COAST

GOLD COAST

BRISBANE

PORT ADELAIDE

FREMANTLE

Potentially 4 new mids in that.
You may as well get Gaff and Redden in that trade. Get Gaff home to Vic. Sheed would replace him after missing most of the season.
Redden could get a 2 year swan song at a SA home club.
You know Yeo will have a massive preseason and be a R1 starter in the middle.
Jones and Chesser half backs.

What is interesting here.
Langdon is s**t
Petch is not coming along as we hoped.
Cripps is probably in his last season 2023.
If Rioli goes we are left with just Ryan as a small fwd but he plays so many roles.
We are all of a sudden very light on for small roving fwds. Is very likely we see Boots move fwd in his last season.
Probably why Eagles have been mentioned getting Rankine in PSD.

Potentially 4 new mids in that.
You may as well get Gaff and Redden in that trade. Get Gaff home to Vic. Sheed would replace him after missing most of the season.
Redden could get a 2 year swan song at a SA home club.
You know Yeo will have a massive preseason and R1 starter in the middle.
Jones and Chesser half backs.

What is interesting here.
Langdon is s**t
Petch is not coming along as we hoped.
Cripps is probably in his last season 2023.
If Rioli goes we are left with just Ryan as a small fwd but he plays so many roles.
We are all of a sudden very light on for small roving fwds. Is very likely we see Boots move fwd in his last season.
Boots should have been playing there the last 2 - weve shortened his career thrashing him as a mid when he was aging out

He replied:

He’s right but they keep their second rounder and lose their second rounder next year when they don’t need the points

Giving them 2244 instead of 1818

I don’t think he’s understood my point.

Everyone will be aware Brisbane’s pick 13 is available and basically has to be traded.

Other teams will be offering them deals that will get them additional points, because the points are more valuable to Brisbane and less valuable to the other team.

And he’s proposing we offer Brisbane a deal that results in them losing points. What’s the incentive for them to take it? Other than the fact that they’re not losing as many points as they could be?

Make it 13 (1212) for 20+26 (1641) and it’s more likely to get across the line. But then the question is whether the 7-pick upgrade is worth it for us.

WEST COAST

GOLD COAST

BRISBANE

PORT ADELAIDE

FREMANTLE

Can we get some more teams involved?

Before we kick Jnr further can we just remember it’s all speculation at the moment, but even if not, he has been through a traumatic event with his father and he has extended family support in Melbourne and he played sanfl before we drafted him so may have family connections there as well.

He is clearly someone that wants/needs family. If he goes I wish him good luck and a fair return.

We’ll always have 2018.
Well the darling thing has blown over, the nelson bagging has died off. Rioli is next cab off the rank

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

…and let’s be honest here, he’s a cherry on top that has fallen off, rolled off the table, onto the floor and got a bit dirty - we’ve picked it up, brushed the dirt off and popped it back on the cake….but it took too long….the cake has gone bad and the cream has turned. The cherry is still a cherry…but it’s been on the floor for a long time and isn’t quite as appealing as it once was.

🍰
Best description ever 🤣
Spitting straight out facts here

I think it's between Tsatas and Philipousis for mine.

How I'd love another top 10 picks so we could get both :praying:

Phillapou ranking now at 11 and Busslinger 13. The Pou with an ankle injury slowing his form and others passing Busslinger out with the shoulder.

Issac Keeler now 29 and Darcy Jones 30.

Oli Hotton 21 and Skybcowski 23 also sliding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back