List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
BOND 007
We're stoked!!!! Thanks mate.

In regards to Ginbey, is the hope his playing style is something akin to Dangerfield? ( No pressure on the kid 🤣)

Would you say all the players we selected in the main draft are (potentially) very high ceiling types?

Personally I think so. Really surprised Long wasn't gone earlier.

“Back in my day it was acceptable” doesn’t really fly for a lot of things.

Neither does helicopter parenting.
Or borrowing to the max from banks just because the bank will lend you that amount of money.

Just because an idea is new, it doesn't always make it better.

While I get the gist of where you are coming from, what you have said is a broad spectrum comment.

While I get the gist of where you are coming from, what you have said is a broad spectrum comment.

So is “you should embrace a nickname and work your way through it”. Sometimes that might be true. Sometimes the nickname might just be plain inappropriate.

Why are we taking Winder with pick 2?
Because if we don't he'll wind up going to Geelong and coming back for two first rounders and a suite of other picks in two years time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I don’t like the Pieman nickname. Don’t use it, prefer others didn’t as imo it’s disrespectful regardless of what people may think of his drafting decisions

If it now morphs into a sign of respect like “Crazy Vozzo” did then great but I still have reservations about it

Am I going to lose sleep over it or start handing out red cards? No, people are free to post what they like and we aren’t really about censorship here as much as possible

Just consider that it wasn’t the most polite reference to a long term servant of the club

So is “you should embrace a nickname and work your way through it”. Sometimes that might be true. Sometimes the nickname might just be plain inappropriate.

Or, for example in the context of an online forum, an opportunity to anonymously sling sh*t at someone who is not in a positon to defend themself.

Yes, intent matters. But usually the one making up and applying the nickname is not the best person to decide whether it's mean-spirited, inappropriate or welcome.

But that's the internet for you.

Let's call him Bandit because he just ROB'd the draft.
Too confusing.

bandit-heeler-bluey.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do they call him the bullet dodger pie man?

Because he dodges bullets Avi eats pies Keys
It’s literally just because the only insight we ever get into the WC recruiters are those silly photos of them sitting around a table with catering (typically party pies).

Pieman has IMO ended up just being a catch-all term for the WC recruiters in general, rather than being specific to Rohan O’Brien himself, and not (in my opinion anyway) intended to be derogatory towards him in particular.

Clearly our drafting decisions are not all made by one person, and so Pieman has become a convenient way of personifying the group and those decisions.

Even after Rohan’s resigned I’ll still blame the Pieman whenever we draft a HBF with midfield potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back