List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Why was Tholstrup not named in the WA side? Injured?
Tent Camping GIF by Decathlon

His game hasn't really developed very much at all in about 12-18 months. Could have been a very early developer but it is still surprising he isn't in the team. I haven't asked around to see if he's injured. I've only just had all the metal removed from my left ankle in the last week and a half. (so yes almost 12 months since major syndesmosis injury and still on the recovery trail)

You will be happy to find out in some more brilliant list management Jamieson is signed until the end of 2025

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People are so ready to harshly criticise. Jamieson is coming along fine - he was always a project player. He has put on size and has great potential, I believe, even as a KPP.
Another year or two and he will bear fruit.

People are so ready to harshly criticise. Jamieson is coming along fine - he was always a project player. He has put on size and has great potential, I believe, even as a KPP.

Exactly. Late pick, project talls are the sort of players you do keep around.

Especially KPDs and rucks.

Weird that Schoey was saying (after the MSD was wrapped up) Buller had pinged a calf but was playing through it to get drafted because he didn't want to miss his chance. Now he's out there playing and kicking goals, supposedly with the torn calf?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not in favour of delisting him or writing him off. But this is his 4th year on an AFL list and he doesn't dominate or significantly impact WAFL games at this stage. Keep him for another couple of years and see what happens. But i think it is starting to look more likely that he doesn't make it to be a solid AFL quality player than that he does.

Weird that Schoey was saying (after the MSD was wrapped up) Buller had pinged a calf but was playing through it to get drafted because he didn't want to miss his chance. Now he's out there playing and kicking goals, supposedly with the torn calf?
Strained calf, but Schoey wasn't wrong.

He wouldn't be kicking any goals in our BEagles side, because the ball would never be down there.

Let's see how he goes at AFL level first.
Mate, 5 goals 4 behinds, 19 disposals, 5 marks. He won them the game off his own boot, because Sydney looked average without him.

The eagles have no money left to pay another player, that's the only reason i could see why they didn't pick a 2-3rd MSD player. They knew NN wasn't going to play again this year. I reckon we could have gone for 4-5 players this MSD as a lot of other players won't make it back. They need to get there finances back on track, all i know they aren't telling us something. Surely they couldn't have F**ked up the MSD as they did for no reason.

Jack Buller’s start to life as a Swan has begun in stunning fashion after the former Claremont star booted five goals in Sydney’s first VFL victory of 2023.

The ruck merry go round.

Interesting how rucks seem to be fine moving around playing in different states. Because they take a while to develop value they often move and just know you have to go where the work is and the best dollars.

Will be interesting if any club chases Bailey after his improved season.
Developing rucks. One of the few things we have done well for a long time.

In many ways that's why I'm not interested in paying the price (trade or salary) for English. With Williams it was a couple of very lean years, now developing nicely.
Let's see how Jamo (mid next year) and Barnett (mid 2025) are doing before we start running around looking for new rucks.

Much greater needs to be filled.

And yes, Bailey could be of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back