Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose “life” would qualify the Baltimore Bridge disaster for this thread.
Pretty scary s**t considering this could happen in many, many ports around the world.
I find it mildly hilarious that there are those out there that consider this to be a terrorism attack. Despite absolutely no evidence and the mayday call from the ship that undoubtedly saved many lives.
The impact on Baltimore economically will be substantial. The shipping port is shut down. And until the wreckage can be cleared it will remain that way. While not being able to cross the bay by road is inconvenient, there will be alternatives found and developed fairly quickly. But these monster ships that power the transfer of manufactured goods out of the USA have been stopped. And no amount of road freight can substitute that sheer volume of goods that are moved on these monsters.
What a tragedy - at least they stopped traffic on the bridge - that bridge design will be scrutinised - one pylon destroyed causes a 2.5 km bridge to collapse. Had interesting conversation with civil engineers at work today re US infrastructure

What a tragedy - at least they stopped traffic on the bridge - that bridge design will be scrutinised - one pylon destroyed causes a 2.5 km bridge to collapse. Had interesting conversation with civil engineers at work today re US infrastructure
Well it was constructed in the 70’s. I’m sure engineering has moved on.
But in reality all engineering can be undone fairly easily. The reliance on any part of the structure to maintain the shape of the overall structure isn’t at all unusual.

But in reality all engineering can be undone fairly easily. The reliance on any part of the structure to maintain the shape of the overall structure isn’t at all unusual.
When was the Sydney Harbour bridge constructed?

When the ship hit the Tasman bridge in Hobart it didn't cause the whole bridge to collapse - some workers may have survived if the entire bridge didn't collapse

Enough of the intellectual s**t. I really got this in 4 but once again Wordle had something other than my perfectly decent word in mind.
Wordle 1,012 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wordle is Wordle - stop trying to excuse your performance - like a student trying to weasel extra marks - just celebrate that you can now take screenshots of your work

Screenshot_20240327-220140~2.png

Wordle 1,012 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
mrw GIF

pylons are pretty important

It reminds me of a conversation I had with an architect some years ago. He wanted a feature beam in a building, which is to say a beam that does nothing, nevertheless it’s not my job to argue aesthetic and I’m not paying for it.

So I ask how are we going to support it? Columns maybe? But he didn’t want that as it would interfere with the space at ground level. So I suggested we suspend it with cables, he didn’t want that either as it would affect the aesthetic look he was going for.

So I said to him, “you know that’s against the law”, and in his most pompous indignant voice he asks “what law is that”, I replied “the law of gravity”.

It got a few laughs in the meeting, but he was not impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again, Wordle chose the wrong word and cheated me out of a better outcome. Why do you chaps get a more formidable results' displays, with bigger boxes and black instead of white? Does dick size determine the display type? Am I undersized or oversized?

Wordle 1,013 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I get the same colours as you. I think the empty square colour symbolises the colour of your heart.

Wordle 1,013 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I get the same colours as you. I think the empty square colour symbolises the colour of your heart.

Wordle 1,013 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Looking for a Wordler with a big d#ck - please pm

Screenshot_20240328-133408~2.png

Once again, Wordle chose the wrong word and cheated me out of a better outcome. Why do you chaps get a more formidable results' displays, with bigger boxes and black instead of white? Does dick size determine the display type? Am I undersized or oversized?

Wordle 1,013 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I’m on dark theme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back