Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Our boy got married last Saturday, and they’re heading off to Cambridge where our DiL has gotten a job at Cambridge Uni as a lecturer and our boy has been accepted into a clinical trial. There’ll be no miracle cure but at least he’s going down swinging.
The reception was at the Powerhouse on the river, awesome spot, best service and catered food I’ve ever had. Can highly recommend it.
Got to spend a week with our grandkids on the Gold Coast as well and took our gorgeous little girl to SeaWorld and to a VMax cinema to see a movie. First time for her for both so some special nanny and poppy moments ❤️
After all the rain we had since Sunday the Gabba was in excellent nick so that was a relief as well.
Youngest son flew up from Wagga so caught up with our 3 boys and 2 grandkids and some old friends as well as met out DiL’s full family that flew out from Scotland for the wedding. An awesome sight to see the dad and 3 brothers all decked out in their tartans.

Actually love Brisbane the city as they live in Bulimba so we spend our time cruising the river to go where we want. Up to Eat Street or down to Felons, down to the footy or the races across the river and anywhere in between. It’s great.

They fly out to the UK in early May and when the time comes he wants to find his peace there, with his wife.
It will be difficult to respect his wishes but we are planning a trip over in July so that’s our next goal.

Our boy got married last Saturday, and they’re heading off to Cambridge where our DiL has gotten a job at Cambridge Uni as a lecturer and our boy has been accepted into a clinical trial. There’ll be no miracle cure but at least he’s going down swinging.
The reception was at the Powerhouse on the river, awesome spot, best service and catered food I’ve ever had. Can highly recommend it.
Got to spend a week with our grandkids on the Gold Coast as well and took our gorgeous little girl to SeaWorld and to a VMax cinema to see a movie. First time for her for both so some special nanny and poppy moments ❤️
After all the rain we had since Sunday the Gabba was in excellent nick so that was a relief as well.
Youngest son flew up from Wagga so caught up with our 3 boys and 2 grandkids and some old friends as well as met out DiL’s full family that flew out from Scotland for the wedding. An awesome sight to see the dad and 3 brothers all decked out in their tartans.

Actually love Brisbane the city as they live in Bulimba so we spend our time cruising the river to go where we want. Up to Eat Street or down to Felons, down to the footy or the races across the river and anywhere in between. It’s great.

They fly out to the UK in early May and when the time comes he wants to find his peace there, with his wife.
It will be difficult to respect his wishes but we are planning a trip over in July so that’s our next goal.
Thanks for sharing that mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I visited the giant magpie in Euroa on Friday. Had my premiers polo on.
Doubt we’ll lose another game for the rest of the year.
I was just getting acquainted with my magpies' chick which for several months was never beyond a bird chirrup or call from its parents.

One day it was hungrily squawking at its father on my balcony, the next day it had disappeared and never returned. Magpie chicks are meant to hang out with their parents for two years, and after 4-5 months, this babe had learned nothing about seeking out its own food. I was suspicious thereafter of the true worth of the adult birds parenting skills and punished them with reduced rations and stern looks for their failure to protect the child.

But above all, I knew it was a bad omen prior to the season starting, and just quietly, I was obviously right.

Last edited:
Not really. I gave them my scariest teacher eye, but it worked better on the kids. Ironically they both rocked up as I was typing the previous sentence.
I went to a school reunion recently - "kids" I taught decades ago - one kid greeted me saying "you treated us better than we treated you" - :) - not my recollection - I thought they were a great group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back