Cricket Australia - Wrong Priorities

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anything worse than upset boomers who get mad when you try to take their precious racism away?
Morrison's Gen X, every bit as indolent and useless as the stereotype goes, and without even a 90s smack habit to blame. He's just rubbish, a waste of good white skin.

Morrison's Gen X, every bit as indolent and useless as the stereotype goes, and without even a 90s smack habit to blame. He's just rubbish, a waste of good white skin.

I can’t take anyone who is gullible enough to be a part of the Hillsong Cult seriously, let alone a Prime Minister.

Maybe we could stop jerking ourselves senseless about ANZAC Day too. My family were sixty years from setting foot on this rock when it happened why do we have to put up with all these idiots marching in memory of a great uncle who they never met and who was little more than a useful idiot to the powers that sent him there. At least Invasion Day represents some kind of military triumph, unlike Anzacs at least these guys weren't losers.

ANZAC day will die out in the next 50 years.. But
imagine if we were still marching for ANZAC day in 150 years from now. Or starting every sporting event in the year 2170 with a speech about the ANZACs with 1/512th descendant of an ANZAC speaking for 5 mins. How absurd..

Again..such a good debate for CA to start.. really brings the community together in the best way.. very inclusive.

ANZAC day will die out in the next 50 years.. But
imagine if we were still marching for ANZAC day in 150 years from now. Or starting every sporting event in the year 2170 with a speech about the ANZACs with 1/512th descendant of an ANZAC speaking for 5 mins. How absurd..

Again..such a good debate for CA to start.. really brings the community together in the best way.. very inclusive.
We start meetings with a welcome to country, I enjoy it because it's respectful and it makes it easy to spot morons.

I'm sure you work in the public service then and that makes sense.

Modern day prayers. Just realise that's what you're doing.
Nothing like morning prayers, acknowledging the oldest continual existing people on the planet is nothing like making promises that you won't keep to something that doesn't exist.

Nothing like morning prayers, acknowledging the oldest continual existing people on the planet is nothing like making promises that you won't keep to something that doesn't exist.

Wasting time talking and pretending to care about something that achieves nothing except making you feel better about yourself. Sounds pretty much spot on to me!

Better yet.. are descedants from the tribe even there? Or are you sitting quietly, solemnly acknowledging people who aren't there from a place that no longer exists? Sounds pretty religous!

But it's the public service.. so actually it's probably best you spend the whole meeting saying your modern prayers.. instead of moving on to figuring out how to waste other people's money.

Last edited:
1. Sorry thats why the team exists
2. So it means our team played like sh*t
3. I've watched every game of the BBL this year. Its a significantly worse competition than the IPL.
4. Obviously haven't watched him play in the IPL or BBL.
5. They don't
6. They can but they have more pressing concerns than taking a moral stance
7. It doesn't make it any better. Thats the point.
I seem to recall our white ball captain being the leading run scorer in the ODI series against India just after the IPL. Happy for him to not care about shitty t20 comps that are just retirement funds if he's going to turn it on for Australia anyway.

Is there anything worse than upset boomers who get mad when you try to take their precious racism away?

I know. Like changing a date is going to alter their day to day reality one iota or that it somehow represents a slippery slope into communism or some s**t. We have the same debate every year and whilst i recognise a lot of these initiatives represent not a lot in practical terms, symbolism matters. It's about showing respect and empathy and why thats such a burdensome demand for some is ******* weird.

Apologies for steering this back to the topic at hand...

This may be a long post so strap in.

The way I see it is not T20 has emerged in our summer it does need to be accommodated but this has been at the expense of First Class cricket. It does become a very complex issue on where everything fits into a six month schedule. Cricket Australia have toyed with the One Day Cup but it too has sadly lost a home in the summer.

My idea is to shuffle around the whole summer scheduling. There are a few non-negotables:
  1. Boxing Day Test remains on Boxing Day
  2. Sydney retains some sort of New Years test
  3. T20 remains in the Holiday period (December/January)
My biggest bugbear of the current system is we are picking players to replace out of form players (Marcus Harris as an example) after he hasn't played a red ball game for a few months. He has been working very hard in the nets but there is nothing like the match to really harden the body and mind for Test Cricket. We then expect him to be ready to go straight away as an acceptable replacement for an out of form or injured batsman. It's unfair on the player, unfair on his teammates and unfair on the supporters.

First off, there is going to be some unhappy campers from all corners. Also, I don't have all the answers so there is bound to be stuff that simply won't work.

First off, the One Day Cup runs from October - November. Compete in all states. Straight home and away competition 10 games each. Ideally play on Sundays (to allow club cricketers to attend) and/or some mid-week fixtures. Promote the hell out of it as what used to happen in the mid-90's. All done and dusted by 2nd week in November with only a Final to be played after this.

Secondly, The last two weeks of November are the first two shield rounds. We need to start looking for red ball cricketers for the upcoming test series (more on that later).

Big Bash starts on the last weekend in November, runs all of December up until a final on New Years Day. Coinciding with Big Bash the test squad (around 15 players) plus maybe some other players (around 5-7) are picked for Australia A duties, preparation for upcoming tests, tour matches against the touring nation and whatever else test players need to do. This is where I see the most controversial part. Channel Seven has shown their hand in wanting Big Bash to be the crown jewel of the summer so I cannot see them wanting this sort of structure where test players + some others are removed from T20 duty. I'm sure a lot give up reading here - please bare with me.

The first test is Boxing Day. From here, the test players should have had enough first class cricket in the form of either Sheffield Shield or 'A' games to warm up for a marquee first test of the summer. Rarely do we see the test team change before the third test so a back-to-back with Sydney shouldn't require anyone from outside the test squad of 15 previously mentioned.

By the third test Shield cricket would have started again. In my view, the third shield round coincides with the second test, the fourth shield game the following week with the third test being played roughly 10 days after the second (ideally the fourth or last day of the third test is Australia Day). The fifth round of shield cricket coincides with the fourth Test, the sixth round the week after and the seventh round with the fifth test.

I would be playing at least six tests per summer. Whether it's one, two or three teams that tour doesn't really matter, the number of tests does in my opinion. Also, this allows the eighth and ninth rounds of Shield cricket to still have some meaning for Test hopefuls. The tenth round and Shield final conclude after the sixth test (most likely running into the last week of February - again, probably the reason it won't get up). Overseas tours start again in March.

The T20I's would be played in the December period as the Big Bash is on. Keeping with the plan to have similar matches played at a similar time. One Day Internationals I would schedule from the end of October through the November period but they could also stretch into December.

I know there are holes in the above. I know it'll never get up. I feel we do need to do something to bring Shield cricket closer to Test dates so we have lots of form players ready to go. I worry about Australian Test cricket at home if something doesn't change with the scheduling.

Not when 70% of people are happy with the status quo. People are finding their voices; they may not have approved of Trump personally, but they saw the media smearing him with bullsh!t at every turn.

This is going to end in civil disorder if the left continues to intrude on people's lives and tell them what to think on every goddamn issue.
Spot on. This is why cancel culture is so prevalent amongst the left. Social media companies have been censoring conservative voices long before they all colluded and banned Trump's accounts.

Trump's biggest mistake was not making this a core issue when he took office four years ago. Twitter, Facebook and Google have far too much power and can easily interfere with elections both through bias and algorithm changes, as we saw last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. Like changing a date is going to alter their day to day reality one iota or that it somehow represents a slippery slope into communism or some sh*t. We have the same debate every year and whilst i recognise a lot of these initiatives represent not a lot in practical terms, symbolism matters. It's about showing respect and empathy and why thats such a burdensome demand for some is ******* weird.

I don’t think it is a burden, the day is simply a day off for the majority. I really don’t think People care what date it is on.
It is the government’s that won’t do anything not the people. As far as the general public are concerned I don’t reckon they care what date it is.
Ask the indigenous leaders what is the date they think is The right date, take to parliament, pass it and move on.
The same bbq with mates, same playlists, same menu, same song list will be played. The majority couldn’t care less.

Now what is the new date?

Maybe we could stop jerking ourselves senseless about ANZAC Day too. My family were sixty years from setting foot on this rock when it happened why do we have to put up with all these idiots marching in memory of a great uncle who they never met and who was little more than a useful idiot to the powers that sent him there. At least Invasion Day represents some kind of military triumph, unlike Anzacs at least these guys weren't losers.
Which shithole country did your family move to Australia from, and what made them move to Australia? Also, what's the current state of that shithole and would you/your family consider moving back? No? Thought not.

Imagine moving to a country for a better life and then complaining about a day of significant importance for millions of people.

I am yet to understand why changing the date of Australia Day is such a big imposition?
It should be January 1, but it's already a holiday! That's the date on January 1st 1901 when 6 British colonies—New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania—united to form the Commonwealth of Australia. This process is known as federation. Now if they want us all to pack our bags and leave the place i'm open to suggestions? We live in 2021 and so far in the 21st century Australia has produced some mighty dumb uneducated people who have no interest in the history of this country. ( God forbid if Aussies feel proud about the joint?) I have no problem changing the date if it represents and celebrates Australia becoming a nation! We're already seeing Crazy Joe destroying American heritage and he's only been wrecking the place 3 days!.

Going back a little they had a regular double-header in Adelaide on Australia Day weekend. No international fixture now is all part of the political game.

No international fixture for this year and last year due to international fixturing issues.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

No international fixture for this year and last year due to international fixturing issues.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

CA has gone woke and that's a fact. Last year they encouraged local clubs to get rid of their older volunteers (i.e. cultural cleansing), as though there exists queues of younger people intent on taking up such roles. That's how logic works in lefty fantasyland.

I actually hope they go broke and the current crew are turfed out on their arses in favour of people who are about the game of cricket.

I don’t think it is a burden, the day is simply a day off for the majority. I really don’t think People care what date it is on.
It is the government’s that won’t do anything not the people. As far as the general public are concerned I don’t reckon they care what date it is.
Ask the indigenous leaders what is the date they think is The right date, take to parliament, pass it and move on.
The same bbq with mates, same playlists, same menu, same song list will be played. The majority couldn’t care less.

Now what is the new date?

Theres a reason scotty from marketing is protective of the date. Not because he's a man who stands by his convictions, but because he plays to his base. You can see from some of the responses on here, painting it is as some lefty wokeism when its just common sense.

Theres a reason scotty from marketing is protective of the date. Not because he's a man who stands by his convictions, but because he plays to his base. You can see from some of the responses on here, painting it is as some lefty wokeism when its just common sense.

Well Racist Ron for one is open to moving the date if Aboriginal groups will sign an agreement to end the shiftlessness and complaining, but we all know the demands will continue ad infinitum.

Then there are the rest of you riding the coat-tails of Aboriginal woes in order to tear the nation down so your Marxist heroes can run the joint. You campaigners are the Devil.

Actually I'll qualify the second bit by saying there are large swathes of you whose hearts are in the right place but are too stupid to understand what is happening. It's like the Iraqi suicide bomber the other day who ran into a crowded market and collapsed, feigning sickness so that people would gather round in compassion, then blew them all to smithereens. They are preying upon your basic humanity.

Last edited:
Calling military personnel idiots and losers? Very Trump-style move there.

Well Racist Ron for one is open to moving the date if Aboriginal groups will sign an agreement to end the shiftlessness and complaining, but we all know the demands will continue ad infinitum.

Then there are the rest of you riding the coat-tails of Aboriginal woes in order to tear the nation down so your Marxist heroes can run the joint. You campaigners are the Devil.

Actually I'll qualify the second bit by saying there are large swathes of you whose hearts are in the right place but are too stupid to understand what is happening.
It's like the Iraqi suicide bomber the other day who ran into a crowded market and collapsed, feigning sickness so that people would gather round in compassion, then blew them all to smithereens. They are preying upon your basic humanity.
Well said. Bleeding heart leftists aren't exactly known for their intelligence.

Calling military personnel idiots and losers? Very Trump-style move there.
Reminded me of when Biden called troops 'stupid bastards' to their faces. If he wasn't a Democrat, the media would've eaten this geriatric dementia-ridden fool alive years ago.

Actually I'll qualify the second bit by saying there are large swathes of you whose hearts are in the right place but are too stupid to understand what is happening. It's like the Iraqi suicide bomber the other day who ran into a crowded market and collapsed, feigning sickness so that people would gather round in compassion, then blew them all to smithereens. They are preying upon your basic humanity.
First time I've been called a Marxist.

Not the first time I've been called a campaigner, though.

I am yet to understand why changing the date of Australia Day is such a big imposition?
It’s not, it’s only a date after all. But some are locked into a ridiculous mindset of winners and losers. And gain but one group, must be viewed as a commensurate loss by the other. Another argument is if you make a concession however small, the other side will want more and more, eventually forcing you out on the street and into serfdom. People who get triggered by any gesture of reconciliation or good will label these acts as a ‘woke’. Woke is a term used by the paranoid and fearful as a weapon against those who show compassion and empathy to their fellow human. It is also employed to mask deficiencies in their character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back