Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have no doubt in my mind we will have another crack Pickering did say Dunkley was disappointed that the trade didn't go through

It would have happened if Bulldogs didnt have the academy player rated at pick 1. Any picks offered would have just been taken by an early bid. Was the worst timing to want to trade with the Bulldogs.

I want that midfield next year.
Short of the 2nd coming of Lloyd, i care little for keeping our 1st rd picks vs. Dunkley

This draft coming has an abundance of big bodied mids in the top handful of picks.

There is only one mid I want in the draft and that's Jason Horne i doubt we will finish low enough to get him will probably got at number 1
You could always trade your pick 2 for our pick 1 and take Horne. I would be happy with Sinn.

We might have to throw in a sweetener for dodo.

You could always trade your pick 2 for our pick 1 and take Horne. I would be happy with Sinn.

We might have to throw in a sweetener for dodo.
I thought getting parish off their books would be sweet enough?

And still an abundance remain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least we made a start. You should have done the same thing but will be starting a year later than us.

The big issue you face is dodo loves to hold onto players in the hope they come good. Its why someone like Gleeson will spend 10 years on essendon’s list. We cut much better players than Gleeson.

Zaka, Hurley, hooker, Gleeson, Francis, Ham, Larverde, Wright, Cutler, Parish, Clarke, Phillips, Smith and Cahill - is a good start.

At least we made a start. You should have done the same thing but will be starting a year later than us.

The big issue you face is dodo loves to hold onto players in the hope they come good. Its why someone like Gleeson will spend 10 years on essendon’s list. We cut much better players than Gleeson.

Zaka, Hurley, hooker, Gleeson, Francis, Ham, Larverde, Wright, Cutler, Parish, Clarke, Phillips, Smith and Cahill - is a good start.

Guys like Parish may not eventuate to what we’d hoped when drafted but he’s good enough to fill a role in an AFL side.

Pushing up to 80 - odd games suggests being on the park and contributing trumps the reason so many draftees are held onto for to long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah this reminds me of the old adage - a week is a long time in football.

Just made a big change to the way he is viewed with a career best game on the weekend. Bombers fans will be excited.
Been long saying shiel is blocking this kids development.
If merrett signs on, we should look to trade shiel to a club closer to a flag and get some further young depth.

Had a ripper quarter on the ball v the swans last year before being moved fwd again for the game. Keen to see how he goes backing that up with 4 quarters at the SCG.

Darcy Parish just played his first good game. He's 24 this year.

Really? How many of his 80 odd games have you watched?
Most of them actually.

Has he put together a single-season befitting of a top 5 draft pick from 6 years ago? I don't believe he has.

Edit: Also he's played 95 games..

Most of them actually.

Has he put together a single-season befitting of a top 5 draft pick from 6 years ago? I don't believe he has.

Edit: Also he's played 95 games..
His first year was very good (plenty of midfield time given suspensions) but we’ve spent a lot of time playing a natural in and under midfielder as a flanker/forward pocket because reasons. Leave him in the guts and he’ll be a quality contributor for a long time.

His first year was very good (plenty of midfield time given suspensions) but we’ve spent a lot of time playing a natural in and under midfielder as a flanker/forward pocket because reasons. Leave him in the guts and he’ll be a quality contributor for a long time.
I appreciate players being played out of position more than anyone. I'm a bulldogs supporter.

But surely now that he's in his 6th season, the coaches would have some idea of where to play him?

I appreciate players being played out of position more than anyone. I'm a bulldogs supporter.

But surely now that he's in his 6th season, the coaches would have some idea of where to play him?
You would think so but similar to you lot and Dunkley we think he’s a better forward half player than Shiel/Caldwell/McGrath/Merrett so when some of them go out injured and he gets to his natural spot it makes a huge difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back