Review Dees v Geelong @ the Handbaggery - & Prada in the Sky with Diamonds: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 18,

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, we've been saying that for ages.
Let’s look at the heavy lifters tonight.

Oliver with 40 - just notched 50 games
Lewis 30 - has 12 months left, isn’t the future
Brayshaw 23 - just notched 50 games
Petracca 22 - just notched 50
Fritsch 21 - first season
Tyson 21 - still young
Vince 21 - lucky to be playing next year

Of those, most are very young. And that’s with no Lever and Hibb anchoring.

We are Geelong circa 2003. The pieces are there but they are maturing.

How the hell don't players think about what it means if you kick a behind in those late stages?? So fkkn stupid.
Don't take the shot bless you're a certain goal. Hell, miss by kicking it out of bounds before kicking a point.
Also don't kick a kick that lands within rushing distance of the God damn line!
Just gifting them the ball, and inevitably the win

Whatever mate. Geelong felt this s**t in ‘05 and went on to build a dynasty from it. I didn’t see any massive fault in what the dees put out there tonight, except they weren’t as experienced and weren’t playing at home.

Haha this is next level crazy s**t. We aren't 2005 Geelong. We haven't played finals in 12 years let alone becoming one of the great sides of all time.

Geelong aren't the great side of 2011, they've got like 3 players left from that era and they are still a better side.

Haha this is next level crazy s**t. We aren't 2005 Geelong. We haven't played finals in 12 years let alone becoming one of the great sides of all time.

Geelong aren't the great side of 2011, they've got like 3 players left from that era and they are still a better side.

Yep, cats are a pretty average side. We’re just shocking mentally.

Geelong used to do that to us all the time from 2009 until 2013 when it all culminated in a prelim win against them.

Hopefully there’s a similar ending for u guys in the future against them.

I remember being super down on Hawthorn as a club for not being able to beat them but on reflection it says more about Geelong than Melbourne or Hawthorn. They just have enormous will to win and belief built up over 10 years.

To those who think we'll be better off for losing another close game... how do we think the game against GWS in the last round is likely to go with the season potentially on the line (again)?

I thought that was Hawthorn/Fremantle/North last year or Geelong/Port/StKilda/Geelong this year? It's not the making of us at all it's what defines our side. Weak and not ready.
TK, Cannon I respect your views and you have a right to be pissed off, but I swear some of the s**t that has been leveled at this team, despite what they actually did tonight, is absolute bullshit.

Petracca played a good game overall. But about 3 times in that last qtr he would take a mark and just slow the ball up and bomb down the line....what makes you special to not have to back off the mark and look to find a team mate....wtf

The part that really annoyed me was his slow walk back.
Umpires eat that s**t up and you lose ahlf your time. Also means when they do call play on, you have to lob it high to clear the mark which he had to do a few times

Pretenders. I've seen enough this year. These guys don't learn from their mistakes. I honestly don't know how we can fix this, it's not the coach and the cattle is serviceable. Maybe it's a curse. Move em to my neck of the woods and call them the Tassie Devils (demons). Fresh identity and I'm sure they will break the hoodoo

Geelong still have 2 Brownlow medalists and one of the all time great midfielders. The fact that Tim Kelly is their fifth string is unbelievable. They do have a bloody good full forward who is finally fit, and a backline that’s pretty functional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite possibly the longest quarter in the history of footy.

Remote flew like a majestic bird caught in a wind. Battery cover now broken and in pieces much like most of us.

Why the **** was Gawn on the bench when we need him? Why Omac STILL on manchild Hawkings when his pants were already around his ankles? Why are complete potatoes like JKH and Tyson even allowed near an AFL ground?

I could go on, but there really isnt any point.

2018 is done. Wrap it up. Grab some lube and get in early for the inevitable reaming and bitter disappointment in 2019!

To those who think we'll be better off for losing another close game... how do we think the game against GWS in the last round is likely to go with the season potentially on the line (again)?

Honestly, 3-5 goal loss. Already written that game off. Will now have to rely on beating both Adelaide and swans and the eagles.

Let’s look at the heavy lifters tonight.

Oliver with 40 - just notched 50 games
Lewis 30 - has 12 months left, isn’t the future
Brayshaw 23 - just notched 50 games
Petracca 22 - just notched 50
Fritsch 21 - first season
Tyson 21 - still young
Vince 21 - lucky to be playing next year

Of those, most are very young. And that’s with no Lever and Hibb anchoring.

We are Geelong circa 2003. The pieces are there but they are maturing.
Can you please take your rational point of view and leave? We are still mourning here and need to sink the boot in a little more

Lots of positives. But the win would have been really nice tonight of course.

This team does get bitten on not taken chances more than most other teams it seems.
Yep. I highlighted it last week and said it would hurt us against decent sides.

Exhibit A.

Wow, rough beat. Not much to say to be honest. We could have won; we tried out guys out but really ran out of legs. So many blokes blowing up and cramping there in the last. Just an immature and not yet fit enough side.

Plus I think the cats got the standard 3, maybe 4 goals from BS frees and fiddies.

Yeah, I’ve calmed down pretty quickly from the rage of 15 minutes ago. Very disappointed though, it would have made finals a very likely outcome. Now, I doubt we make it.

Petracca was good, wouldn’t have been in a position to win without him!

Frustrating losing to a team that A) you’re better than and B) you know are going to do nothing in the finals!

Personally think our chances of making finals are now slim.

Seriously * the Cats. That's the third straight game we've blown against them. 10 straight years of winning plus 10 straight years of losing and they still pip us at the post. We are a bloody joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back