Review Dees v Handbaggers: the Good, Bad, Fugly & Apocalyptic

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day guys. Just wanted to say congrats. One team wanted it tonight and really, you should have absolutely cornholed us. Hopefully the missed shots on goal were just nerves (understandable) for all the first-time finalists and next week you'll be settled enough to tear those toilet bowl stains in Hawthorn limb from limb.

Congrats! Hope the Dees go all the way now!!!

So I have now booked flights from the north on Friday.

Seems like I am doing it all again next week...

Well done Dees, fantastic effort and great pressure. Cats folded like a deck chair. Bring it again next week and the Hawks are out

24 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 3 goals ... The Weid has arrived folks

And has finally had a match worth fapping over instead of being widely praised for taking two contested marks in a game.

You, as a Melbourne supporter are better than this comment. Well, I think you are.

I think as a whole Melbourne supporters are better than belittling Geelong as 'handbaggers'. I hope once you read my post that you will remove 'Handbaggers' from the thread title?

We are really hurting tonight. Our pain is something that Melbourne has felt for many, many years.

I'm not going to offer the usual BF apology 'Please excuse the intrusion'. . .

I am here to offer heartfelt congratulations to Melbourne, so I ask you to read my post, acknowledge Geelong's pain + accept my support.

While it's really tough, as a Geelong supporter, who enjoyed the 07, 09, 11 Premierships + 12 Finals in the last 13 years, to lose tonight, some Geelong supporters felt Melbourne's pain in previous difficult years + offer our best wishes for your success today.

Some Geelong supporters acknowledge that the better team won tonight. So, please understand that it is really tough for us to lose, but even more difficult to come here + congratulate you.

Many Geelong supporters are now hopping on your Melbourne bandwagon + are totally behind your quest for the 2018 Premiership.

If anything, Melbourne + Geelong are bonded because we are the oldest VFL/AFL teams.

My Dad was such a devoted Melbourne supporter. I remember sitting on his lap, watching Melbourne games, dipping my fingers into his Cognac + licking them, taking a wiff of his cigar.

I watched the magnificent Jim Stynes reveal his fight with cancer!

My Melbourne loving father battled his own fight with cancer + won, succumbing to a fatal heart attack.

There are many parallels in our Melbourne + Geelong history, so please acknowledge that we Geelong supporters are really hurting tonight + please empathise with our pain? It's a pain of loss that you, Melbourne supporters, know well. Still. . . despite our loss + our pain, as a Geelong supporter, I wish Melbourne complete + absolute success to proceed all the way to THE total prize!

GoDees!

How about just letting people enjoy a finals win? In almost every game there'll be a winner and a loser so I don't think the acknowledgment of "your pain" here is particularly noteworthy. Have you been holding a vigil for every set of opposition supporters the Cats beat in games this year? I doubt it.

So many goods;

Harmes Gus Viney oliver in the midfield
The back 6 amazing effort to keep Geelong to 6 goals. Nev just owning danger in the forward 50.
Gawn has a big last quarter
The pressure inside 50 had over 20 tackles which is a huge number
AVB wanting blood each time he goes near the ball.
Weideman has been building nicely and went bang. BOG for mine

I will be a bit of a sore winner here but sucked in duckwood you sook every single time a free goes against you. It’s like every free kick against you was the worst call of all time. Dangerflog how about you tap your forehead and think how clever it is giving away push in the back frees and 50m penalties. And Ablett head off and start herding sheep like you do earning cheap kicks to avoid contact from Viney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Dees for knocking out those campaigners. It’s eased our loss against the Tigers a little. Don’t really expect us to reach the PF, but anything can happen. We seem to have the wood over you guys but that can change. Should be cracker next week with both sides playing good open footy rather that the ugly rolling maul the Tigers dish up......which unfortunately wins games, much like the Bullies before them. Enjoy the finals!

I am here to be gracious.

* off Dangerwank
* off Duckwood
* off Gary Scully Junior
* off Henderspud
* off Harry Q3=2008 GF Taylor
* off Louis Vuitton
* off Scott Selwood - one day we'll work out what you're good at.
* off Daniel "Brutus" Menzel.
* off Bitch Duncan
* off Sook Scott
* off Frank Costa and your dodgy fruit.
* off Christian Dior
* off Prada
* off Cameron Ling
* off the Handbaggery

Go in peace to love and serve the Dees!

I am here to be gracious.

**** off Dangerwank
**** off Duckwood
**** off Gary Scully Junior
**** off Henderspud
**** off Harry Q3=2008 GF Taylor
**** off Louis Vuitton
**** off Scott Selwood - one day we'll work out what you're good at.
**** off Daniel "Brutus" Menzel.
**** off Bitch Duncan
**** off Sook Scott
**** off Frank Costa and your dodgy fruit.
**** off Christian Dior
**** off Prada
**** off Cameron Ling
**** off the Handbaggery

Go in peace to love and serve the Dees!
Stephen King gets off lightly.

I’ve watched the first and last quarters.

Tmacs first half was so good.
Nev’s last quarter particularly when Geelong had the momentum was huge.
Lewis had three efforts were he just refused to lose the footy and lead to the hannan goal.

Well done...I am in the demons bandwagon.....

Your guys played with the pressure, skill and heart that we could only have dreamt of last night.

Jones' leadership put Selwood and Dangerfield to shame.....

Can't wait to watch you spank the Hawks... They are every bit as arrogant as we were, and deserve a lesson just as much!

Can I say that Jones head*ed then. Seems like the Cats put a heap of time into him and when he didn’t bob up and we were still smacking them in the contest it felt like they couldn’t deal with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back