Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mehhhh doesnt really bother me it all evens up we had 5 more free kicks. it does bother me when people are calling them cheaters and the rest of the rubbish blaming them for losing. if we expect em to get every single free right it just wont happen and ya gonna be disappointed. the rules arent black and white. Hogans last free could of went either way with how easy in the backs were paid but it went our way

I'd rather them just not pay free kicks, only reason campaigners complain about free kicks is because there side is too s**t to win without help.

I'd rather them just not pay free kicks, only reason campaigners complain about free kicks is because there side is too s**t to win without help.
i dont understand why they dont umpire like they do in finals. it doesnt bother me if they are paying them both ways would rather have no free kicks but it is what it is we have so many issues umpiring isnt 1 of them.

i dont understand why they dont umpire like they do in finals. it doesnt bother me if they are paying them both ways would rather have no free kicks but it is what it is we have so many issues umpiring isnt 1 of them.

Dunno mate, all things considered reckon they do ok as with the s**t rules now you could pay 7 free kicks every contest.

The 10 mile exclusion zone is a cracker . So if you step out of bounds are you no longer "in the zone " so to speak ? And a 50 ffs.

Since Lever’s injury in Round 11, the Demons have appeared disorganised behind centre, conceding a score once the opposition goes inside the arc 54 per cent of the time — ranked 18th in the competition. In the previous four weeks, the Dees only conceded a score 41 per cent of time — ranked eighth.

Seems as if lever is a better player than given credit for. That an better teams have exposed the s**t work rate in our midfield.

Fox footy showing 3 occasions when Jones Lewis Oliver and Brayshaw cost us goals from transitions because they wouldn't run with their opponents.

Since Lever’s injury in Round 11, the Demons have appeared disorganised behind centre, conceding a score once the opposition goes inside the arc 54 per cent of the time — ranked 18th in the competition. In the previous four weeks, the Dees only conceded a score 41 per cent of time — ranked eighth.

Seems as if lever is a better player than given credit for. That an better teams have exposed the s**t work rate in our midfield.

Fox footy showing 3 occasions when Jones Lewis Oliver and Brayshaw cost us goals from transitions because they wouldn't run with their opponents.
******* umps fault

Being at the game, our midfield didn’t show up to work.

All of them were s**t except Viney.

Being at the game, our midfield didn’t show up to work.

All of them were s**t except Viney.

I love Jones but he is one of the main offenders. I know he is nearly or is 30 so can't be expected to run as much as he used to but you see him walking through the middle alot. Brayshaw and Oliver have just copied him.

Harmes got us a goal through sheer work rate from the BP, everyone else was s**t. ( apart from Gawn obviously)

The 10 mile exclusion zone is a cracker . So if you step out of bounds are you no longer "in the zone " so to speak ? And a 50 ffs.
it is a harsh penalty for such a minor infringment ill give you that .... but did you guys ever get pinged for that stupid interchange infringment rule ? saints did a couple of times back in those days the punishment was 2x 50m penalties (basically giving a goal away) for a player stepping over a line on the interchange not going around it ... now that was a harsh penalty

it is a harsh penalty for such a minor infringment ill give you that .... but did you guys ever get pinged for that stupid interchange infringment rule ? saints did a couple of times back in those days the punishment was 2x 50m penalties (basically giving a goal away) for a player stepping over a line on the interchange not going around it ... now that was a harsh penalty

s**t I forgot about that rule haha. Was probably circa 2011-14 when we were so s**t we were down by 150 points by the time it happened anyway.

yeah the mids got outworked, they do need to be better. but look at where all those Saints attacks started from, deep in our forward line. bit harsh of Lyon to just single out our mids i thought. every chance they got, the Saints had numbers back and when they won the ball, they took off with run, got the overlap and they were away. every team is doing that s**t against us now, and if we don't select some small forwards who can chase and tackle instead of too many slow medium/talls who don't like to get their hands dirty, or want to all take mark of the year instead, it will continue to happen. there's just not enough pressure from us onto the ball carrier coming from behind, forcing them into rushed disposals and turnovers.
I thought Roosy summed it up pretty well. "if i'm a Melbourne supporter, i'm concerned as to the selection at the moment"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring is terrible but I don’t think it favours one team or another. Half the ******* rules have grey areas, the ‘laws of the game’ committee legit have nfi. I don’t blame the umpires themselves it is the ******* chimpanzees we have running the game that are the problem.

Exactly, the umpires have no chance of actually getting good at umpiring the game because the rules change on a weekly basis, it's atrocious.

A guy i went to school with and his wife had a bet on Sunday that their few month old son would go for the winner, i feel sorry for the guy i went to school with but not so much the kid, he can probably consider himself very lucky.

Excuse the intrusion, but I could not agree more with you.
It is a crazy rule. We got a goal from one of those but I can honestly say I just shook my head in disgust. It is such a harsh penalty when the guy just running past is not interfering in any way.
Surely they have to change this next season.

A guy i went to school with and his wife had a bet on Sunday that their few month old son would go for the winner, i feel sorry for the guy i went to school with but not so much the kid, he can probably consider himself very lucky.

Talk about a rock and a hard place...that poor kid is stuffed for life no matter which way the result went ;)

Footy Classified had a good compilation of putrid turnovers by our mids in our forward half that directly lead to turnovers. Also highlighted how sucked in the players got and how ineffective the zone was.

We need a tidy, hard running, defensive minded mid to come in. Stretch seems like he could play the role, but hasn't performed at AFL yet.

Exactly, the umpires have no chance of actually getting good at umpiring the game because the rules change on a weekly basis, it's atrocious.

No such thing as getting good at umpiring. You're either hated by one team, or both teams, and everyone thinks you're a joke. Because you are. What kind of idiot would give up their free time to prance about amongst footballers and blow a whistle for a few hours? Eejits, that's who.

Excuse the intrusion, but I could not agree more with you.
It is a crazy rule. We got a goal from one of those but I can honestly say I just shook my head in disgust. It is such a harsh penalty when the guy just running past is not interfering in any way.
Surely they have to change this next season.

Haha yeah the rule is a disgrace. Should be if the player effects the play within 10m I.e smothers the ball. If not then play on.

No such thing as getting good at umpiring. You're either hated by one team, or both teams, and everyone thinks you're a joke. Because you are. What kind of idiot would give up their free time to prance about amongst footballers and blow a whistle for a few hours? Eejits, that's who.
Crooked, biased, wicked little eejits

Pretty good coin though. They need to cut way back on the number of frees paid per game. Only blow the whistle when it’s obvious. It’s the soft frees that piss everyone off.

Pretty good coin though. They need to cut way back on the number of frees paid per game. Only blow the whistle when it’s obvious. It’s the soft frees that piss everyone off.

They're on commission, and those whistles aren't going to blow themselves.

I only just watched the first half. But the take away for me is every game this team has lost has large elements of what happened in that game, which has been heavily discussed.

The bigger issue is some of the tactical moves, Viney being used as a hard tag is a poor decision (just use Vince in that role, he is a) good at it and b) his best is playing in the midfield).

Did not deserve the win it will annoy me no end missing out on the finals this year, but they are not good enough as yet.

Gawn is just amazing, and I really enjoyed the special comments from the commentator's. Both about the Saints and the Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back