List Mgmt. Delistings - Goodyear, Golds and Wyatt

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure that will be the case, I'm just stating what we see on the surface without really knowing what's coming through in the VFL, but it's not like their VFL side is up there either.

But Clarkson is one of the greatest coaches of all time so I'm sure he's cooking up something. But the original post that started all this, was basically me saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see Hawthorn take a player like Goodyear and turn him into a serviceable mid that can provide some youthful depth to their midfield because at the moment, there's not much.

If my above trade moves all come to pass (Anderson already did), then yeah, they'd pretty much have literally nothing outside O'Meara and Mitchell (assuming they even get those 2)
Good thoughts.
I'd like them to have a spell down the ladder.
They are resilient.

Ceglar always projected as a more than serviceable ruckman so hardly miracle workers over at the Hawks. Allegedly, it wasn't a lack of ability that resulting in him be delisted by the Pies.

He had a s**t attitude. A young buddy of mine went to school with him. Reckons he was an arrogant s**t who didn't put in the work at all. Not very well liked at Collingwood.

I'm not sure that will be the case, I'm just stating what we see on the surface without really knowing what's coming through in the VFL, but it's not like their VFL side is up there either.

But Clarkson is one of the greatest coaches of all time so I'm sure he's cooking up something. But the original post that started all this, was basically me saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see Hawthorn take a player like Goodyear and turn him into a serviceable mid that can provide some youthful depth to their midfield because at the moment, there's not much.

If my above trade moves all come to pass (Anderson already did), then yeah, they'd pretty much have literally nothing outside O'Meara and Mitchell (assuming they even get those 2)

hawthorn's system upgrades players. have a look at some of the battlers who go there and become key contributors.

hawthorn's system upgrades players. have a look at some of the battlers who go there and become key contributors.

Battlers who can find a niche often perform better in a good side. Watch what happens to some of the battlers in the next couple of years when Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell etc etc are gone.

Don't get me wrong Hawthorn are the most well run and best coached club in the country but I would not be surprised to see them miss the 8 next year. I would have rated them the 6th or 7th best side in the comp this year. Just about North Melbourne and about equal with the Eagles in terms of performance throughout the year. For them to stay were they are or improve next year O'meara will need to be fully fit and they also get Mitchell and even then they still may struggle. If not for 5 or 6 games they pinched they would have been battling to make the 8 this year. Time catches up with everyone

Battlers who can find a niche often perform better in a good side. Watch what happens to some of the battlers in the next couple of years when Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell etc etc are gone.

Don't get me wrong Hawthorn are the most well run and best coached club in the country but I would not be surprised to see them miss the 8 next year. I would have rated them the 6th or 7th best side in the comp this year. Just about North Melbourne and about equal with the Eagles in terms of performance throughout the year. For them to stay were they are or improve next year O'meara will need to be fully fit and they also get Mitchell and even then they still may struggle. If not for 5 or 6 games they pinched they would have been battling to make the 8 this year. Time catches up with everyone

compare hawthorn's team from 4 years ago to todays. there would be 12+ changes and most of those are kids and so called spuds yet they were a kick off a prelim this year. if they were playing this week they be flag faves.

I'm in the other boat. adding jom and Mitchell and they will be top 4 again.

For mine being such a young age still Goodyear could end up on a VFL list somewhere - he is clearly capable at that level. I also think Golds is less likely but still a chance to play VFL footy elsewhere. He's definitely not high VFL standard and he does not get enough ball, but had his moments this year providing some dash through the lines and adding a goal to the team sheet in several games.

Golds not so much... but if Goodyear fails to get a spot on another AFL list, I would love to see him on our VFL list in 2017.

compare hawthorn's team from 4 years ago to todays. there would be 12+ changes and most of those are kids and so called spuds yet they were a kick off a prelim this year. if they were playing this week they be flag faves.

All depends on father/mother time.

At what point does the age catch up with Mitchell, Hodge, Riolli, Burgoyne, Lewis, Roughead (may not play again, wish him speedy health), that's the real question.
Add JOM and Mitchell (the new one) they can challenge.

If the oldies become too old and not as productive, JOM stays in sick bay well, they will go,they way of ageing warriors, supplanted by the new teams coming through.

Can you provide more detail to back up your confident assertion?

I wouldn't bother Vicky, He generally takes the P!%% but in this case just about every recruiter in the league has less than a 50% success rate when it comes to recruits. Considering Hine has had very few high draft picks in the last decade due to 9 consecutive finals appearances you would expect his success rate to be even less. It's pointless debating with TG. He is a fisherman.

For mine being such a young age still Goodyear could end up on a VFL list somewhere - he is clearly capable at that level. I also think Golds is less likely but still a chance to play VFL footy elsewhere. He's definitely not high VFL standard and he does not get enough ball, but had his moments this year providing some dash through the lines and adding a goal to the team sheet in several games.

Golds not so much... but if Goodyear fails to get a spot on another AFL list, I would love to see him on our VFL list in 2017.

I can 100% gaurantee he will not be playing VFL for collingwood next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn has been carried by their oldies this year. Take them out and they are a very average football side. Take them out and those young players or spuds are worse. They struggled to beat us in what was like a final for them(to get dbl chance) despite us missing most of our forward and a few others.

Big doubts on JOM fitness and as good as mitchell is he is not a patch on some of the blokes he is being brought in to replace.

You're correct, I'm sure they would've won it.
On the flip side, they were lucky to win some games and were one kick off losing against us.
They would've finished 6th and played the Doggies.

Hawthorn has been carried by their oldies this year. Take them out and they are a very average football side. Take them out and those young players or spuds are worse. They struggled to beat us in what was like a final for them(to get dbl chance) despite us missing most of our forward and a few others.

Big doubts on JOM fitness and as good as mitchell is he is not a patch on some of the blokes he is being brought in to replace.

I reckon hawthorn think jom is 100%.

adding jom and Mitchell lets Lewis and Mitchell take a step back. will probably extend their careers. Burgoyne still has speed. hodge is the one who is most under the pump.

I can 100% gaurantee he will not be playing VFL for collingwood next year.

Fair enough. Would like to see it happen though. Like I said, I think he is good at VFL level. And don't think he's likely to get a go elsewhere at AFL level given the number of midfielders entering the draft each year. VFL pies could do worse than offering him a spot on their list

I reckon hawthorn think jom is 100%.

adding jom and Mitchell lets Lewis and Mitchell take a step back. will probably extend their careers. Burgoyne still has speed. hodge is the one who is most under the pump.
I don't think even JOM thinks JOM is 100% at this point, but both player and club seem to think their medical staff can get him to that point. Fairly sure it was reported that the Hawks' doctor was a major reason for his choosing them, and I don't think that would have been much of a factor if he genuinely thought his knee was cherry ripe.

Not at all.. but should have been the first name on the list.

Has had ample opportunity to show something and all we got was a standout performance in an intra club.

No way, if you lost every key position player to injury and had to play a game this week no way Wyatt gets picked before Gault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back