D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any updates on who is leading the best canteen award? I haven't been to many games this year but we're 7 games in and surely we have a front runner.

Any updates on who is leading the best canteen award? I haven't been to many games this year but we're 7 games in and surely we have a front runner.
I've heard through the grapevine that Powerhouse's canteen offers catered food from the likes of Subway along with your typical canteen menu. Not sure if this is a weekly occurrence but would have to think this would put them above the 'salad rolls' other clubs offer.
Although I'm not sure if catered food is against the COCC (code of canteen conduct) and could compromise the integrity of the game...

The Albert Park and Powerhouse canteens are a bit grim. When they run out of food you're forced to walk over to Collegians for a $11 burger.

I like the BBQs down at Eley Park and Canterbury. The Sharks may struggle on the field, but their BBQ goes hard.

As much as I hate going to North Brunswick, the Lebanese manoushe there is a nice touch. Always get a halloumi pie.

Still yet to find hot chips anywhere. Keen to hear from WeNeedHotChips on this.

The Albert Park and Powerhouse canteens are a bit grim. When they run out of food you're forced to walk over to Collegians for a $11 burger.

I like the BBQs down at Eley Park and Canterbury. The Sharks may struggle on the field, but their BBQ goes hard.

As much as I hate going to North Brunswick, the Lebanese manoushe there is a nice touch. Always get a halloumi pie.

Agreed a BBQ is grouse!!

The Bullies with some lebo food 😮 Might have to venture down to hipster central one Saturday and check out the canteen.

Hot chips down at BHN.

Had a great burger at Canterbury!

Hot Chips at la trobe

the AP canteen is abysmal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powerhouse's canteen definitely below VAFA division 3 standards - only got half-way through my microwaved no-name meat pie. Schooners out of the red plastic cup, overlooking the Lake was a winner though - Kudos to the barman.

BHN needs to bring back the beef and Gravy rolls circa 2011; perhaps the best Divyy 3/4 canteen item in the modern era...

Powerhouse by only 74 is surely unders? EP just got belted by Chaddy and Chaddy lost by like 150 to Powerhouse

Jocs V Cobs surley the game of the round!
Neutral supporter here.

I actually think EP are a sniff.
My mate who has an Irish room mate that watched from the grandstand said they weren't much chop despite the scoreline.

Interesting nonetheless. Food for thought.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neutral supporter here.

I actually think EP are a sniff.
My mate who has an Irish room mate that watched from the grandstand said they weren't much chop despite the scoreline.

Interesting nonetheless. Food for thought.

Chips, I've never trusted someone that uses a google pixel phone and you best believe I am not about to start now.

I'm tipping PH by 100+ and the water bottles to be changed to guinness 5 mins into the third quarter.

Cheers
WWHC

Avid watcher of VAFA. Personally not aligned with any club.

Had my brother in-law play for LaTrobe Uni yesterday down at the Bullies home deck. He's a current mature age student (weird I know).

He was telling me that he saw the umpire drinking a can of sugarcane juice post game.
Surely those Hipster Bullies aren't flogging alternative soft drinks like they flog their alternative milks.
Probably charged an obscene amount for it to like they do all their other beverages behind the bar.

Also EP unlucky. Feel for them.

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE. I HOPE WE ALL ENJOYED WHAT WAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. I GOT THE CHANCE TO SEE THE BEST GAME OF THE ROUND AND IT WAS A RIDE. BOY OH BOY.

wOULD LIKE TO TRY SOMETHING NEW AND SUMMARISE A KEY GAME EACH WEEK WITH A POEM.

In VAFA's grand Division 3, where footy legends grow,
Round 7 became a battlefield, where heart and grit did show.
The Canterbury Cobras roared with might on St Johns' sacred ground,
A clash of wills, a test of skill, where heroes would be crowned.

St Johns Old Collegians fought with fire, their spirits high and bold,
With Josh Mourant, the goal machine, his prowess pure as gold.
But Canterbury, the Cobras fierce, had warriors of their own,
Brad Kelleher, the sharpshooter, whose brilliance brightly shone.

Daniel Abou-Karroum stood tall, best afield for John's proud team,
His every move a masterstroke, a tactician's perfect dream.
Yet Lachy Shearer, steadfast, led the Cobras through the fray,
His guidance was the beacon that would light their winning way.

With minutes ticking, tension thick, the crowd was on its feet,
The Cobras pounced with final force, refusing to be beat.
Three goals they struck with lightning speed, the last a dagger's thrust,
In St Johns' heart, on hallowed turf, they ground their hopes to dust.

The scoreboard told the story, as the final siren screamed,
12.10 to 10.16, Canterbury's victory gleamed.
Aussie Rules, the greatest game, where fortunes rise and fall,
Round 7 etched in history, as the Cobras bravest of all.

Attachments

• mY-iNLOf_400x400.jpg
    mY-iNLOf_400x400.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back