Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just waste this season? Another dumpster fire of a season would be a great reason for Marra to start seriously considering other options.

If we donā€™t have a coach before the off season, how is that new coach going to be able to put their stamp on that off season, recruitment, list management etc?
We can only do what we can do. Whatever is done Marra can leave or he can stay.
We aren't going to make finals if that performance is the norm. I reckon Bevo will get 4 games. If we haven't improved by then he will go. If we start to improve, he may see the season out.
But my belief, one way or another is he won't be coach in 2025

Q1- What's the earliest in the season a coach has been sacked ?
Q2- who was the last premiership coach to get the sack ?

Just waste this season? Another dumpster fire of a season would be a great reason for Marra to start seriously considering other options.

If we donā€™t have a coach before the off season, how is that new coach going to be able to put their stamp on that off season, recruitment, list management etc?

Well because Joel Corey is currently employed by Fremantle and will be in the middle of their season in this example. He isn't going to just step in mid season for us if we sacked Bevo while being employed by another club...

Well because Joel Corey is currently employed by Fremantle and will be in the middle of their season in this example. He isn't going to just step in mid season for us if we sacked Bevo while being employed by another club...
They have an out clause to be given a coaching job. If Buckley is available why not approach him? Heaps of coaches have come in mid season. You can have a caretaker for a couple of weeks, do interviews and appoint after the two weeks.

I expected/hoped/wanted to see some sort of change over the off-season.

I did not see anything particularly different about R1 2024 than I've been watching for some time now.

We still play a spare at the stoppage and allow the other team a spare defender. When we win it, we invariably kick it to an outnumbered situation and then get punished on the rebound, often without touching the ball before a score is conceded.

When we don't have the ball, our 'team defence' involves everyone attempting to run back inside D50 to guard a patch of grass - with total disregard for any opposition player who might have or be about to receive the ball. It's infuriating to watch. Could we not just man up the opposition and force them to kick to a contest once in a while?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have an out clause to be given a coaching job. If Buckley is available why not approach him? Heaps of coaches have come in mid season. You can have a caretaker for a couple of weeks, do interviews and appoint after the two weeks.
Yes but this hypothetical was about having Joel Corey take over and why wait until the off-season. Absolutely they have an out clause which would come in to effect in the off-season where he could get out of his contract for a gig with us. But not a chance he would leave his club mid season to come and take over as head coach for us, nor should he. Would need an off-season to put together his game plan and staff and everything else that takes months. Would be malpractice having him come in mid year and thrown into that situation without an off-season.

Is Dean Cox wanting to be a senior coach?

Yes but this hypothetical was about having Joel Corey take over and why wait until the off-season. Absolutely they have an out clause which would come in to effect in the off-season where he could get out of his contract for a gig with us. But not a chance he would leave his club mid season to come and take over as head coach for us, nor should he. Would need an off-season to put together his game plan and staff and everything else that takes months. Would be malpractice having him come in mid year and thrown into that situation without an off-season.
I couldn't give a toss about malpractice. I've had enough of the clown we've got and am emotional about it.
I would ******* sack him tonight. Gone, clear the desk, eff off.
Tomorrow I might be calmer

Illl give us a couple of weeks, still think itā€™s ******* bullshit coming up against a team with a real hitout under their belt. Like I can see why we got jumped BUT the fact that itā€™s literally the same issues weā€™ve all seen year after year, literally this team is no better than we were 6 years ago with almost a completely different squad. Yeah itā€™s concerning.

Letā€™s hope it was just that, because our work rate was disgusting today. There is no excuse to be putting out those performances and thatā€™s what was so disappointing today, if we had a crack and lost so be it, Iā€™d honestly give Bev to round 4.

If nothing changes then there is no reason to continue, like if we havenā€™t sorted this s**t by round 4 we will never. Iā€™d sack the campaigner early and move on with it, realistically we should have last year but anyway

Based on mid-season sackings of coaches donā€™t usually happen until round 12 onwards based on recent history. As for his replacement, I wouldnā€™t have a clue about who to replace him. My three choices last offseason were Don Pyke, Damian Hardwick and Adem Yze and obviously non are those are going to happen now. But whoever they choose, they have to choose him and his assistants much quicker than they did the previous offseason otherwise they will be scrapping the bottom of the barrel again.

He had 1 job today.

Show the fans something different.

I actually don't think people care that we lost as much as it was the SAME s**t again.

If we'd come out & attacked the corridor hard & lost 100 v 120 we'd be a lot happier because there evidence of trying something.

There was 1 thing that couldn't happen...

Show the same stuff again.

And that's what happened.

Not good

Back