Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Naughton talking about not all flying at the ball does my head in....isn't that under 12s football common sense?
Most under 12 sides don't have 2 super competitive alpha dogs thinking that every ball coming towards them is their birthright to mark.

Most under 12 sides don't have 2 super competitive alpha dogs thinking that every ball coming towards them is their birthright to mark.
True, but why has it taken so many years to finally coach the fwds how to not spoil each other?

Happy for them to have finally figured things out, lets hope hope they can keep it up against a good team.

Great win obviously, doesn’t do much for me because I just want to see us beat a good team ! But still take a 90 pt win obviously.

Naughton huge, doesn’t get much attention because he didn’t kick 8 which a key fwd needs to to get recognised, but 4 goals, 3 contested marks, 20 disposals and 3 goal assists is a monster CHF game. Best on for mine, Treloar stiff though what a champion. Hell of a season, and leading our BnF I’d say ? Darcy’s best game, wow what can this guy be ? His upside is enormous

Richard showing some faith, he was exciting. Stick with this because there’s something there. Get Sanders too and start rebuilding this midfield now, nothing to lose. We’re not gonna compete this year so Libba out is blessing, I’d give him the year to keep fresh for one last crack with a new coach next season

Garcia is an impressive footballer and Harmes has earnt a run

The half back line is cooked though, what is this structure right now? Need to drop at least two of them, please no more bramble

True, but why has it taken so many years to finally coach the fwds how to not spoil each other?

Happy for them to have finally figured things out, lets hope hope they can keep it up against a good team.
We've seen stints where they were as organised as they were tonight. It tends not to last for the reason Ive mentioned. We also have to take into account our dominance out of the centre, our avalanche of forward entries and the general undersizedness of Richmond's defence tonight.

I’m off Bev as much as anyone but you gotta give him credit for the Richards move…
Yeah to an extent, I mean a lot of people have been pushing for it. It’s a no brainer but yes good on him for pulling that lever I guess. Half forward last week was yuck though, he’s a centre square midfielder only. I don’t see an issue with him rotating off half back into the midfield. You don’t HAVE to play half forward to be a midfield rotation. Id love to see a 50/50 split half back midfield as Sanders/Lib come back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its unusual to say after a 91 point win but the scoreboard honestly flattered the Tigers tonight.

As much as a pile on of goals really means little when the opposition has, more or less, completely given up (see the 2021 GF last quarter which gets spoken about far too often given that point).

Yeah to an extent, I mean a lot of people have been pushing for it. It’s a no brainer but yes good on him for pulling that lever I guess. Half forward last week was yuck though, he’s a centre square midfielder only. I don’t see an issue with him rotating off half back into the midfield. You don’t HAVE to play half forward to be a midfield rotation. Id love to see a 50/50 split half back midfield as Sanders/Lib come back
He almost won us the game last week going forward at the end I thought. Wish we had more of him.

I expected us to flog them after the week we’ve had and how bad they are.
Only negative was my 17 leg multi going for $1,250 and miss out by 1 possession to Macrae & 1 more goal to Marra.
Can’t say Marra didn’t have the chances.
Please gamble responsibly 🤪

Darcy will just about be the best player in the comp in a few years.

It’s like you’re playing a game as Max King and a cheat code gets activated.

Or Kurt Tippett has been sent back to the factory after being released too soon and Sam Darcy is the return result after all the kinks have been removed.

He’s a freak.

Very hard to read that game as Richmond couldn't have played any worse but no doubt the team structure as a whole looked much better. It felt like everyone was switched on and it would be tough to find a player who didn't contribute on some level. Darcy seriously could be anything.

Really liked the midfield setup as well, I'm on the Bevo out train but to his credit moving Richards to a full-time a mid role and having Macrae become the defensive midfielder starting the stoppages in the F50 and then rolling up as an extra mid worked very well.

Freijah looked good and Cleary did some nice things when he came on.

The next four weeks will ultimately decide what happens going forward.

I feel like we see a different personality with this team every week.

Felt like the handballing to advantage was really good tonight.

I have zero confidence in next week, but if there’s ever a game we are going to get up for it would be this one. A few cracks appearing in the orange tsunami (which is now the orange sprinkler).

Richmond were so awful it’s difficult to gauge our overall performance. Treloar, Bont, Richards, Naughton, Harmes etc dominated. Think Gallagher is due for a few weeks in the VFL, I think he’s one for the future though but has some things to work on. Jamarra had a shocking night. Freijah looked good, pretty composed for a first gamer, made a couple of mistakes but you could tell they didn’t get to him. Good recovery by JOD and great return by Keath

Just like after the St Kilda win, it’s cool in all but honestly means nothing in the grand scheme of things until they play consistently. I walk away with a very meh feeling after games like these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back