Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear Naughton mention not flying for the same ball as forwards post game.

Can’t believe it seemed like a revelation to them that this might help.

But is it a revelation just to the players, or also the coach(es)? 🤔

"And you forwards, we've consulted BF, and they've suggested you stop flying against each other for marks..."

"Ooooohhh..."

6D885094-B78B-4AF3-B562-A6EF1CA36871.png

Couldn’t believe how bad he was one on one against the hawks. Loooked completely lost and yet he was towards the top of the league with intercept marks in the league?
He'll take a few good intercept marks but it's the other 5-6 times where he will misjudged a mark or get his positioning all wrong and cost us goals. Its demoralising to the whole group.

A lot of revisionism in here about Buku, FWIW his 1on1 loss rate % before last week was 18% which is borderline elite. He was really bad last week and should have been dropped considering the form of the guys behind him in the twos but let’s not pretend Keath would have made a difference, and if anyone believed that why didn’t they say so before the game lol

I even saw posters say Freo was playing through Buku on Treacy, I went back and watched every one of his CM, 1 was on Buku there was one poor contest that’s it, the rest were on Jones or a combination of defenders. Was just a factually incorrect pile on, not unusual in this echo chamber !

He was horrid one on one last week but the way our team plays leaving our key backs one on one deep is just bullshit, absolutely hung out to dry against good sides

I spoke to Lou Richards in 1973 at the Ch7 Dorcas St studios during WoS one Sunday.
Through all the cigarette smoke hovering like fog, he clearly said "my brother the former Collingwood wingman will have a grandson who should be a ruck rover, but the grandson of 4-peat Collingwood centreman Jack Beveridge will persist in playing him at half back for too long..."

You can ask Jack Dyer, Bob Davis, Doug Elliott and Bruce Andrew, they heard it too. 😉

I was on the railing when the team were going off after the game. The usual crew were at the front clapping but Keath was hanging up the back with his head down. I shouted "Well done Alex!". He looked up, smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
Very good game from him.
I thought he was good too. But I did notice him getting attention from a trainer at one stage but it wouldn’t be an Alex Keath game without him grimacing, bent over, or limping at some point 😉

I’d love to see everyone play as well next week, that would count more.

I thought he was good too. But I did notice him getting attention from a trainer at one stage but it wouldn’t be an Alex Keath game without him grimacing, bent over, or limping at some point 😉

I’d love to see everyone play as well next week, that would count more.
It was because his knee fell into the back of Cumberland's head.

Naughton is having a pretty underrated season.

If you compare all the gun KPFs for goals/goal assists he’s right up there with the best (averages).

Curnow - 3.7
Hogan - 3.6
Naughton - 3.5
Cameron - 3.2
Walker - 2.8

He’s just as impactful as any KPF going around. One of only a few good decisions Bevo has made of late is not caving to the (Naughton to defence) noise.

Naughton is having a pretty underrated season.

If you compare all the gun KPFs for goals/goal assists he’s right up there with the best (averages).

Curnow - 3.7
Hogan - 3.6
Naughton - 3.5
Cameron - 3.2
Walker - 2.8

He’s just as impactful as any KPF going around. One of only a few good decisions Bevo has made of late is not caving to the (Naughton to defence) noise.

Makes things happen, works hard and is very much a team first player. And becoming a really good leader as well it seems. I know this is only minor but when Harmes kicked his first you can see Naughton waving for everyone to come down and get around him. Things like that show that he is very invested in the club, if the contract wasn’t enough confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOD was really impressive. Best of his short career. Great response from him personally after a poor game the week prior.

JOD has shown signs of being an elite defender in the years to come. People forget how fresh he is to the sport. We need to keep pumping games into him, so much upside and athleticism.

It's the same for any concussion. Let the actual medical experts do their jobs instead of constantly speculating.
But speculation is what we do here.

We're not players, coaches, selectors or board members but it doesn't deter or prevent us speculating on and endlessly critiquing every aspect of their roles or performance with incomplete and/or inaccurate information.

It's just how we unapologetically roll.

Makes things happen, works hard and is very much a team first player. And becoming a really good leader as well it seems. I know this is only minor but when Harmes kicked his first you can see Naughton waving for everyone to come down and get around him. Things like that show that he is very invested in the club, if the contract wasn’t enough confirmation.

He is through effort developing into a leader and his consistency may well push him to become an A Grader. Signing him for 9 years showed faith this is what he could become and his character could do the rest

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

But speculation is what we do here.

We're not players, coaches, selectors or board members but it doesn't deter or prevent us speculating on and endlessly critiquing every aspect of their roles or performance with incomplete and/or inaccurate information.

It's just how we unapologetically roll.
But in this case it is not speculation in isolation. We have already had 2 top players pull the pin this year for concussion related issues which the AFL is taking more seriously

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't pay close attention to most of the game but every time I saw Freijah he was attempting a ridiculously tight kick

Love that confidence in the first game compared to so many others who would take the safe option
love the fact he wanted to show what he can do in game 1,

fluffed a couple and didnt get a lot of good looks at aggressive kicking, but love the intent

Good win should improve our confidence. JUH worries me. Reminds me of Josh Hill, Needs to learn his forward craft. Looks lazy and out of touch atm.
Despite improving in many areas, and being 'nearly there' as a good AFL forward, JUH just isnt, his net impact is mostly negligible.
that uncontested OOF for 20m out last night, and last weeks set shot OOF when we needed at least a point, sums up how ineffective he is.

Nope they just have a genuinely large injury list a lot of inexperienced players out there last night and they lost 2 early to injury and then Rioli with minutes to go.
What did surprise me a little last night was how diminished Dusty is as a player. At his peak just couldn't tackle him , but he was getting picked off regularly last night. Could well be his last season he still played a reasonable match but not anything like what he used to be able to do
that was the corpse of Dusty we watched last night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back