Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Not much has been said about Timmy's game but after the last few weeks it deserves some comment. I thought he came out with intent and played a very good game. The clean palm (or face palm) to Prestia for Richmond's first goal at the start of the second quarter notwithstanding.

If he plays like that every week I'll have no problem with us giving him a long(ish) contract.
the second half he started to actually leap at the centre bounce rather than outbody and thats when we as a team play our best football.

A lot of revisionism in here about Buku, FWIW his 1on1 loss rate % before last week was 18% which is borderline elite. He was really bad last week and should have been dropped considering the form of the guys behind him in the twos but let’s not pretend Keath would have made a difference, and if anyone believed that why didn’t they say so before the game lol

I even saw posters say Freo was playing through Buku on Treacy, I went back and watched every one of his CM, 1 was on Buku there was one poor contest that’s it, the rest were on Jones or a combination of defenders. Was just a factually incorrect pile on, not unusual in this echo chamber !

He was horrid one on one last week but the way our team plays leaving our key backs one on one deep is just bullshit, absolutely hung out to dry against good sides
My comments in the Changes vs Hawks thread
He was appalling against Freo. Looked bereft of confidence and scared of contact. I've been a believer in him in the backline, but that game was as bad as anything Gardner dished up last year

You're still armchair medical experts

English has had a few concussions. Still playing, are you going to retire him too?
This is a weird hill to die on. People are very rightly concerned for his long term health

My comments in the Changes vs Hawks thread

This is a weird hill to die on. People are very rightly concerned for his long term health
Not really .. maybe you're missing the point.

People are advocating for him to retire even though there has been no indication of whether he wants to or the professional medical opinion. Not the opinion those who got their medical licence from a cereal box.

I'm fairly sure it's on this forum that he said he would be back in a couple of weeks.

Coaches Votes

Richmond v Western Bulldogs​

10 Adam Treloar (WB)
7 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
6 James Harmes (WB)
4 Aaron Naughton (WB)
3 Ed Richards (WB)

With regards to Marra, I get it that he hasn’t played for a few weeks, that he has had a bit on his mind, the contract offers, the loss of a loved one etc, but, in a game against witches hats, where even our key defender lined up to kick a goal he should have done better.

This was a low pressure game, that he should have licked his lips and gone for. The fact that Darcy kicked four along with Naughty and Harmes is damming, let’s not sugar coat it, he looked unfit, unfocused, and laconic. When he did apply himself and took his time and followed a process he kicked one goal. It’s not fair on him or the team to keep playing him, drop him to the VFL for a few weeks to get back or get a system, he has all the talent in the world, but hard work and discipline has to sit next to that.

With regards to Marra, I get it that he hasn’t played for a few weeks, that he has had a bit on his mind, the contract offers, the loss of a loved one etc, but, in a game against witches hats, where even our key defender lined up to kick a goal he should have done better.

This was a low pressure game, that he should have licked his lips and gone for. The fact that Darcy kicked four along with Naughty and Harmes is damming, let’s not sugar coat it, he looked unfit, unfocused, and laconic. When he did apply himself and took his time and followed a process he kicked one goal. It’s not fair on him or the team to keep playing him, drop him to the VFL for a few weeks to get back or get a system, he has all the talent in the world, but hard work and discipline has to sit next to that.
I suggested this in the thread for next weeks game. Lobb should replace him this week. Get some form in the VFL. Lobb has done well in the VFL and deserves his place, didn’t think he was too bad in the AFL too.

I’ve actually thought about this and it really shouldn’t influence selection in any way, but Sanders definitely comes in because he has some aboriginal in him, he should definitely be in on merit anyway and I don’t think Marra gets dropped for Sir Doug Nicholls round.
Hopefully this isn’t a factor but I reckon it could be.

I’ve actually thought about this and it really shouldn’t influence selection in any way, but Sanders definitely comes in because he has some aboriginal in him, he should definitely be in on merit anyway and I don’t think Marra gets dropped for Sir Doug Nicholls round.
Of course it will be…

Hopefully they both will be in that list above.

AFLCA Votes

Adz the unanimous BoG.

Richmond v Western Bulldogs​

10 Adam Treloar (WB)
7 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
6 James Harmes (WB)
4 Aaron Naughton (WB)
3 Ed Richards (WB)

Yes, I realised after I posted the above that Marra shouldn’t be dropped for Sir Doug Nicholls round, but if no improvement this week, then drop him the following week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we beat up another weak team that let us do as we liked.

You can only beat what is in front of you, but the pattern so far is if the opposition pressures us, both offensively and defensively, we break down.

Personally, I dont have much faith in JJ and Bramble's ability to perform under pressure, but we dont have many other options at the moment.

Well, we beat up another weak team that let us do as we liked.

You can only beat what is in front of you, but the pattern so far is if the opposition pressures us, both offensively and defensively, we break down.

Personally, I dont have much faith in JJ and Bramble's ability to perform under pressure, but we dont have many other options at the moment.

JJ is more cooked than Keath and has been for some time. Cleary gets his spot for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Watched the highlights this morning and noticed Vanders gut run through the middle and out to the pocket to be the link up option on Naughton’s first goal of the game, was great. We have far too few that are able to get separation into space like that on turnovers/rebound.

Watched the highlights this morning and noticed Vanders gut run through the middle and out to the pocket to be the link up option on Naughton’s first goal of the game, was great. We have far too few that are able to get separation into space like that on turnovers/rebound.

It is important - nothing worse than a fast turnover having to put the breaks on because there is nobody ahead of the ball. Partly thats us pushing too far up the ground, but its also someone with the running ability. I get the feeling that ODriscol was recruited for just that type of role, and if he hadnt of been inured, he might have been playing sooner rather than later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back