Autopsy Dogs defeat Dees 110-100 - Redemption

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the idea of having Bailey Williams and Bailey Smith on opposite wings and then Bailey Dale on half back. The Triangle of Baileys to generate our ball movement.

Sam Darcy isn't far off contending for this exact same role.

Not sure we have any time to wait for Bruce to get back to his best. That could at least be 4-6 weeks away if not 2023.

Darcy, Jamarra and Naughton will be an incredible forward line soon. Pretty much unstoppable if we can keep them all together.

The addition of the kids, Marra/Westy/Garcia and to a lessor extent Buku is really starting to fill out this roster.
Yep and all we need is Darcy now.
Who can mark play defence or forward and give us flexibility. When Bruce or Keath are back to their best they can replace for now Darcy is better than both.If Darcy allows Naughton to roam and take Dekonning that's a win already
Oh l forgot he is tall very tall and can ruck.

So proud of this club to show some real resistance when the going gets tough.
We didn't fold like we have the last 2 games against the dees.
The leaders showed leadership, and the development of the kids is showing clear results.
But but we have to do something about how easy good teams are able to waltz out of our fwd line, to move the ball untouched to their fwd line providing easy goals.
Poor Buku got burnt a few times but our lack of fwd pressure which enabled the 2nd most punchable face in AFL (way behind Toby Greene) to get 4.

McComb was actually pretty good in the last quarter. Didn’t stuff it up when he got the ball and put his body in. Might be a decent choice for Med sub in the future with Toby.

Can’t wait for Lobb to be in this team and unfortunately probs replaces Bruce, as I stated last week with a few here trying to drop Marra instead. (big lol)

Lobb as a second ruck and a competent forward makes this group so dangerous. Last nights game and set up proves that imo.

I love Brucey and hopefully he fights his way into the team on merit when he’s fit as a fiddle next year forcing our entire forward line to be on their feet and competing hard.

Can’t wait for Lobb to be in this team and unfortunately probs replaces Bruce, as I stated last week with a few here trying to drop Marra instead. (big lol)

Lobb as a second ruck and a competent forward makes this group so dangerous. Last nights game and set up proves that imo.

I love Brucey and hopefully he fights his way into the team on merit when he’s fit as a fiddle next year forcing our entire forward line to be on their feet and competing hard.
Absolutely it makes us a much better side, if we also slot Jones in for Gardner and ideally someone for Buku, geez we’d be bloody hard to beat - still need some massive changes to the way we move the ball and defend the ground though which is more systematic than personnel

Sam darcy can fill this exact role as early as next year.

We have needed lobb for the past 5 seasons. Not the next 5.

Supporters think Lobb arriving may push Naughton back to defence. Or Bruce out of the side.

If anything it puts a 3 year road block on playing Darcy in the seniors. Or we have 500k of rumoured cap space sitting in the 2s if Darcy goes past lobb.

I don't see the long term benefits of the deal. Sure if Lobb arriving got us another premiership, who can argue with that. But it will hinder the development of Darcy imo.

Yep and all we need is Darcy now.
Who can mark play defence or forward and give us flexibility. When Bruce or Keath are back to their best they can replace for now Darcy is better than both.If Darcy allows Naughton to roam and take Dekonning that's a win already
Oh l forgot he is tall very tall and can ruck.
Drooling at the thought of Darcy, we need in the worst possible way a intercepting defender that can read the flight of the ball and cut off attacks.
I would still look at trading/drafting our 1st round pick for a intercepting kpd.
This would allow Darcy to rotate through the ruck, when timmy needs a rest while still providing a kpd coverage.

Whether he has been here for 5 days or 20 years shouldnt Make any difference. However, he does have a relevant point because this forum has been somewhat turned into negative forum by a few who don’t seem to realise their repetitive posts about the coach or certain players such as Hannah, Gardiner etc are not contributing to the enjoyment of a “supporters forum” about the team they enjoy following.

Outsider, if you think the opinions of long term followers are the only ones that should be heard ……… well, I have been here since 2005 and I agree with the sentiments of Four Seasons …… and I have read a few similar posts on here this morNing following Mutts “broad church” statement.

I try to moderate the overbearing and repetitive posting... but negative (or positive) sentiments are everyone's right to express on here. This forum should be a broad church, where one group should not dictate to another what they can or can't post. It's the job of the moderators to pull up those who cross the line by not adhering to the forum rules or the spirit of the forum.

I think the mods do a pretty decent job, but if you or others disagree, you could let Chief know of your concerns and I'm sure he will look into your complaint.

Absolutely it makes us a much better side, if we also slot Jones in for Gardner and ideally someone for Buku, geez we’d be bloody hard to beat - still need some massive changes to the way we move the ball and defend the ground though which is more systematic than personnel
Yeah I think having guys like Garcia and West in for the Lipinski types assist our defensive efforts in the middle but it’s definitely a system thing. Something with our zones and stoppage setups are fundamentally flawed at the moment.

With the larger soft cap, I think we need a bloke like Leon Cameron to come in as a priority. He won’t hold back on his opinion of our setups. Can be pretty abrasive and I think that’s something we need. He would make an excellent senior assistant or coaching director.

I don’t mind the Jones idea but Logue is an option we should pursue as well. Load up and go all out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressed with Riley Garcia's development. He's got a great ability to move through traffic and create something. Only played 14 games so could have a big future.
I really like that he is hard as a cat's head in the mould of clay. Him and westy had given us a harder edge which we sorley lack.
We have some amazing skilled players but i still want some libba's/westy/garcia type hardness. You can't teach what they bring, the desire to run through a brick wall.

Last edited:
Sam darcy can fill this exact role as early as next year.

We have needed lobb for the past 5 seasons. Not the next 5.

Supporters think Lobb arriving may push Naughton back to defence. Or Bruce out of the side.

If anything it puts a 3 year road block on playing Darcy in the seniors. Or we have 500k of rumoured cap space sitting in the 2s if Darcy goes past lobb.

I don't see the long term benefits of the deal. Sure if Lobb arriving got us another premiership, who can argue with that. But it will hinder the development of Darcy imo.
I get what you’re saying and agree in part but we have to think of the now. Lobb is objectively a much better footballer in 2023 than Sam Darcy. Probably 2024 as well. Whilst him developing is important, making decisions that maximise our window in the NOW is more important than what is best for us in 2024.

Sam is 19 next year and still so very thin. If we sneak him in for 5-7 games in 2023, awesome. If that means Lobb is out then so be it. Work it out when it needs to be worked out.

Yeah I think having guys like Garcia and West in for the Lipinski types assist our defensive efforts in the middle but it’s definitely a system thing. Something with our zones and stoppage setups are fundamentally flawed at the moment.

With the larger soft cap, I think we need a bloke like Leon Cameron to come in as a priority. He won’t hold back on his opinion of our setups. Can be pretty abrasive and I think that’s something we need. He would make an excellent senior assistant or coaching director.

I don’t mind the Jones idea but Logue is an option we should pursue as well. Load up and go all out.
Yeah honestly I think the way AFLs going with rule changes opening up as much space as possible for the ball user (and 6-6-6 etc) that raw “pressure” isn’t enough to cut it anymore. We built our game on it and Richmond too, but the games changed. Don’t get me wrong you absolutely need it but it’s not enough on its own - the way you set up behind the ball is just as important

Completely agree on Cameron, he should be our number one target. He’s experienced and has coached under Rocket, Clarko & Sheedy - we know first hand he used to stand up to Rocket. He won’t be afraid to give an honest opinion to Bevo and isn’t just a yes man

It's taken Marra 2 years to start showing great signs at senior level. He will still have more quiet games than not for the next little while imo.

Darcy cannot fill any void next year imo. Lobb is a no brainer.

We just don't know about Bruce yet.

Bruce was dead set sh*t. One decent kick from memory. He looks slow and weak. Needs a month in the gym and playing two’s. He won’t suddenly be quicker or stronger next week.

He was terrible. Tomlinson was the late in and they plonked him on Bruce and he peeled off regularly. He’s not remotely close to the player he was last year, which is fair enough, but people need to accept reality.

Darcy is showing more signs in his first year at VFL level than Jamarra did in his first year, in my opinion. Considering the injury layoff in particular.

Granted he's not kicking bags of goals but he's consistently taking big marks and has been played in all 3 areas of the ground. I think his breakout game will happen sooner than Jamarra's did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back