Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

It's frustrating because he's still a gun. But we need to work out fast where they're going to play him. For me his best football by far is as a midfielder. He needs to return to that and have rests up forward.
That game against Hawthorn was the worst thing to ever happen to Danger. He’s slowly since then been wasted far too often up forward. He is an elite midfielder and Chris Scott seems to have lost sight of that. Surely if they get Cameron the forward stays are kept to a minimum for Danger.

I get that the Cats had a big year with Danger playing a lot of forward and others in the midfield, but all that mattered was the grand final really. They fell short last year against Richmond and did so again this year with Dangerfield lost up forward while Dusty dominates in the middle.

dean cox and his arm waving inflatable man free kick pleas were often talked about on the eagles board.

Goodes comes to mind. Most of us were well off Goodes for his diving and staging long before the racist nuffies jumped on him over winning Australian of the year.

On another note I won’t be joining in on anymore pile ons after that travesty. That includes Dangerfield. He’s not my type of humour but he seems like a harmless and slightly goofy guy. Gun player and it’s no disgrace that he hasn’t performed as well in finals as Dusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was put to bed in the prelim last year when Danger pissed Dusty off before half time and paid for it, subsequently Danger changed his tune this year on field by not carrying on.
I reckon his next step will be stepping away from media.
Sorry Rodney , Dangerfield is not capable of moving on form the spotlight. His Geelong media mafia mates are worse than the Essendon Brigade of the 90s and early 2000'S.
I reckon he should also be fined for what he wore to the Brownlow. What a way to 'piss on a monument'. A past winner...... a dsigrace.

Sorry Rodney , Dangerfield is not capable of moving on form the spotlight. His Geelong media mafia mates are worse than the Essendon Brigade of the 90s and early 2000'S.
I reckon he should also be fined for what he wore to the Brownlow. What a way to 'piss on a monument'. A past winner...... a dsigrace.
I find it almost unbelievable that people still don't realise that Danger is the ALFPA President and is generally obligated to give opinions whether he wants to or not.

Most people I have spoken to after the GF have said that Dusty is now the best finals performer of at least the AFL era.

Of all time? Has to be close.

This thread speaks volumes of the Richmond supporter base as a whole.

Instead of celebrating and championing the culmination of the most difficult season in the history of VFL/AFL history, and a third premiership, they are here in droves, in fervent and rabid hatred for one of the best players of his generation.

So quick they are to criticise, to hate, that it reveals much about themselves. A deep, deep insecurity that runs through the legacy of the club and the mindset of their supporters. Insecure people often try to make you feel insecure themselves, they feel compelled to rub their achievements in the face of others, and constantly complain and bring others down.

It comes, in my view, from years, perhaps decades, of being the laughing stock of the competition. Being absolutely belted by Geelong for decades, continual disappointment, being the subject of intense mockery - it must take an emotional toll on a person and this shared abuse must be felt and lived through the supporter base as a whole. I first experienced it in the 2017 Qualifying Final. Never had I seen such disgraceful behaviour from a supporter base. Inappropriate remarks and glances were made to me in the toilets from dozens of Richmond supporters in the toilets at half-time. But it can almost be understood when you look at the recent history of the club.

In my time following the game, this level of pettiness and insecurity is completely unrivalled by rival clubs. Hawthorn, or even Collingwood, did not come close to this level of vitriol, bitterness, fixation and hatred of our club and of our players. It's not healthy and can only lead to unhappiness.

Don't let hatred become your legacy, Tigers supporters.

This is probably the nicest melt I've seen in a good while. All the more surprising that it happens to be from one of Richmond's biggest detractors on this board (and on Facebook ;)) over the last four years, and one of BigFooty's edgiest posters since he googled "holocaust denial" in a year 10 computer class.

Suck s**t, cuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it almost unbelievable that people still don't realise that Danger is the ALFPA President and is generally obligated to give opinions whether he wants to or not.
What a load of balderdash. I work for a peak industry body and can tell you can pick and choose what you say on that front and how you want to be quoted. Fact.
He is not capable of not being visible.
'ill take you for a ride in my boat' .... Ill wear a revolting suit to the Brownlow'.... ohh please .

This is probably the nicest melt I've seen in a good while. All the more surprising that it happens to be from one of Richmond's biggest detractors on this board (and on Facebook ;)) over the last four years, and one of BigFooty's edgiest posters since he googled "holocaust denial" in a year 10 computer class.

Suck sh*t, cuck.
If we're playing the man, you are the most hyper-critical and self-indulgent poster on the entire site. And I'm not sure what the Holocaust has to do with any of this.

You can attack me all you want, you're only affirming the timid and belligerent Richmond mentality I spoke of in my original post. Instead of celebrating your premiership, you're melting on an internet forum instead.

If we're playing the man, you are the most hyper-critical and self-indulgent poster on the entire site. And I'm not sure what the Holocaust has to do with any of this.

You can attack me all you want, you're only affirming the timid and belligerent Richmond mentality I spoke of in my original post. Instead of celebrating your premiership, you're melting on an internet forum instead.

I'm melting? F***in' hell, Harold. What happened? To see you now resorting to "no u" posting goes to show that Richmond's success is getting a bit too much for you.

Hang in there, bud.

Aren’t you the bloke that was bragging how you threatened people on the train after we beat you in 2017?

Aren’t you the bloke that was bragging how you threatened people on the train after we beat you in 2017?

No, because I am afraid of Richmond supporters.

Danger still has time to add to his legend. Great player in a great team, they'll be up there again until he retires. Same could be said for Dusty I suppose though. Still time for both of them.

What a load of balderdash. I work for a peak industry body and can tell you can pick and choose what you say on that front and how you want to be quoted. Fact.
He is not capable of not being visible.
'ill take you for a ride in my boat' .... Ill wear a revolting suit to the Brownlow'.... ohh please .

Don't forget the most cringeworthy press conference ever a few years ago.

No, because I am afraid of Richmond supporters.

09dc1063d76636fa2499469941a01cd8.jpg

Yeah we’ve all seen ‘em and they’re a scary looking bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back