Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this is just pick two mids at random and argue which is better. Isn't that what the Brownlow is for?

Dangerfield has single handedly carried an ordinary side into the top 4. Martin has been great but what Danger has done this year is remarkable.

Dangerfield, his acceleration is a real weapon, breaks out of packs like Judd did circa his brownlow years.

Martin is a different beast, almost impossible to tackle, very slippery but also strong. Both are great competitiors but Dangerfield has been alot more consistent.

It may sound a bit silly but does anyone else reckon the AFL have the audacity hijack the Brownlow count away from Martin's favour to ensure he does not win? Imagine a personality like him giving a winning speech for the most prestigious award in the history of the game to the whole country of footy fans; would they let a controversial figure like such win it if he weren't blatantly the best player in the league but just pushed through? (No I am not perthboy86).

Otherwise, Martin is an absolute freak and people shouldn't let the controversy get in the way of his talent. He's one of not too many players who can single-handedly turn a game on its head and get his side over the line. Unfortunately, Danger is another one of them and Danger is far superior. Hardly a debate really.

It may sound a bit silly but does anyone else reckon the AFL have the audacity hijack the Brownlow count away from Martin's favour to ensure he does not win? Imagine a personality like him giving a winning speech for the most prestigious award in the history of the game to the whole country of footy fans; would they let a controversial figure like such win it if he weren't blatantly the best player in the league but just pushed through? (No I am not perthboy86).

Otherwise, Martin is an absolute freak and people shouldn't let the controversy get in the way of his talent. He's one of not too many players who can single-handedly turn a game on its head and get his side over the line. Unfortunately, Danger is another one of them and Danger is far superior. Hardly a debate really.

No and anyone that thinks they would is an idiot.

:drunk:

I would love Martin to win and tell us what he really thinks. I'd chip in for ang BTGID fine that may arise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Martin figured out how to play a whole game not just a half yet ?

yeah he did that after the Melbourne game this year...

By far his most consistent year, if he doesn't win the brownlow, he will at least win our Best and Fairest.

I don't think he is as good or better than Dangerfield just yet, but he is improving every week. Next couple of years he will be the best midfielder in the comp imo.

Can't wait for Danger vs Dusty battle when we play Geelong :)

On a side note, ran into Dusty down the shops one day, he is a bull of a bloke. Most footy players these days are quite thin but he looks super solid. He's got an incredible mix of agility and strength (reminds me on Aaron Hamill, not in playing style but in that combination)

He's very very good and getting better. Has I guess developed a little slower than some expected given what he could do very early in his career.
Kicked 33 goals and got 12 brownlow votes in the second year of his career. Based on that it was probably thought he would get to this level quicker.

He's very very good and getting better. Has I guess developed a little slower than some expected given what he could do very early in his career.
His personality and the fact that he didn't really grow up until this season probably accounts for a lot of it.
Since the chopsticks thing he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Dangerfield is our best forward, inside mid and outside mid. Surely there is no comparable mid this year.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Dangerfield then daylight. I'm glad people are starting to appreciate Martin for what he is, but Dangerfield is in a different stratosphere to everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back