Recommitted Dylan Moore - [signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was the Hawks I’d nearly be happy to see him chase money

No chance, second half of the year the guy averaged about 20 touches, 3.5 clearances, 6 tackles, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6 score involvements, 300 metres gained. Finished clear top 3 in their best and fairest. Is yet to turn 24. The exact type of player you want rounding out your midfield, can play legit forward, legit offensive mid or as a defensive lynch pin to support Newcombe + Mackenzie + Ward. The type of player that gives great value while improving the games of others. Rare as hens teeth.

No chance, second half of the year the guy averaged about 20 touches, 3.5 clearances, 6 tackles, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6 score involvements, 300 metres gained. Finished clear top 3 in their best and fairest. Is yet to turn 24. The exact type of player you want rounding out your midfield, can play legit forward, legit offensive mid or as a defensive lynch pin to support Newcombe + Mackenzie + Ward. The type of player that gives great value while improving the games of others. Rare as hens teeth.
From both a talent and quality human perspective, Dylan is the type of player who is worth far more than any free agent we could acquire after losing him.
If he gets a big enough offer (Williams type offer) then he could possibly be worth pick 2. I’m taking that any day over him

If he gets a big enough offer (Williams type offer) then he could possibly be worth pick 2. I’m taking that any day over him

Huh ? Moore has yet to show he is anywhere near worth pick 2 as compo or in a trade.

Hawthorn would easily take it and run if they could get such an attractive compo offer.

That’s what I said. The compo they might get would be way better then him

I doubt Hawthorn finish last next season though (very happy to be proven wrong) but given the fact they delisted and re-listed him a couple of years ago, Hawthorn are not eligible to any type of F/A compo if he leaves ? (Least as far as I understand the rules as it stands) ?

I doubt Hawthorn finish last next season though (very happy to be proven wrong) but given the fact they delisted and re-listed him a couple of years ago, Hawthorn are not eligible to any type of F/A compo if he leaves ? (Least as far as I understand the rules as it stands) ?
Why would they not? He is a free agent? Free agents leaving cause compensation picks.

The fact that he was delisted simply makes him a UFA for life not an RFA (so they cant match an offer) but they still get a compo pick as with normal RFAs.

The fact that he was delisted simply makes him a UFA for life not an RFA (so they cant match an offer) but they still get a compo pick as with normal RFAs.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Would be flabbergasted if he left Hawthorn thought

Huh ? Moore has yet to show he is anywhere near worth pick 2 as compo or in a trade.

Hawthorn would easily take it and run if they could get such an attractive compo offer.
Doesn’t matter if he’s worth pick 2 or not. He’s a better player than zac Williams who got band 1 so im sure there’d be a suitor willing to stump up for him if they didn’t have to give up anything in a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not for Sicily already having it sewn up he’d be vying for the captaincy with Lewis. He’s an outstanding person off-field with the work he does in the community and he’s loved by his teammates and coaches.
He’ll get a decent contract based on his last 18 months and he’s about as likely to leave Hawthorn as Nick Daicos is to leave the Pies.

If not for Sicily already having it sewn up he’d be vying for the captaincy with Lewis. He’s an outstanding person off-field with the work he does in the community and he’s loved by his teammates and coaches.
He’ll get a decent contract based on his last 18 months and he’s about as likely to leave Hawthorn as Nick Daicos is to leave the Pies.
No doubt and I’m sure he will stay for ~$150k less then he could get elsewhere but if he gets an offer that would net the Hawks a top 3 pick in next years draft I’d be hoping he takes it if I was a fan

No doubt and I’m sure he will stay for ~$150k less then he could get elsewhere but if he gets an offer that would net the Hawks a top 3 pick in next years draft I’d be hoping he takes it if I was a fan
We won’t be playing games with the psyche of our playing group by hanging him out as bait.

nah he's at least slightly more likely based on the mere fact one has a contract the other is a free agent this year

nah he's at least slightly more likely based on the mere fact one has a contract the other is a free agent this year
Nope. He's a lifelong Hawk's tragic, favoured to be named vice captain.

Contract status doesn't really mean much. Look at JHF and Bowes. If a player or club really wants to force a way out they will

Sure, but that's not the point.

I'm not sure why there's such a whinge over the statement that player X is more likely to leave than player Y because player Y has a contract and player X doesn't.

It's basic logic. That doesn't mean though that player X will leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back