Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone find it weird he hasnt formally requested a trade or nommed Melbourne yet?

Even the blurb by Mahoney here (https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-10-03/mahoney-previews-the-trade-period) sopts short of saying he wants to to go to Melbourne, just that they are "well-placed"

Any club rumours going round that they are looking at him? I know Essendon were linked momentarily
I mean it could just be his manager keeping things quiet, but yeah I expected something to be announced now given that getting him to Melbourne is straightforward. Wouldn't be that surprised if this isn't 100% over the line even if everything telling me it is.

True, still weird there is nothing public about it given we all understand it to be Melbourne

For all we know there's a deal in place (if he has chosen us) and Freo are going on with their business in regards to Brad Hill, there's not a lot they can do until the trade period officially starts.

For all we know there's a deal in place (if he has chosen us) and Freo are going on with their business in regards to Brad Hill, there's not a lot they can do until the trade period officially starts.
I mean it could just be his manager keeping things quiet, but yeah I expected something to be announced now given that getting him to Melbourne is straightforward. Wouldn't be that surprised if this isn't 100% over the line even if everything telling me it is.
Fair points. It may actually already be sorted and just something all parties have put to one side. Your current 2nd is just an easy deal for all parties I think so maybe its all locked away to go come Monday.

I will be very annoyed if we go for that future 2nd as was floated earlier in the week...

If the Dees get Langdon for 20/21
Tomlinson free and Jenkins for token.
Hold onto frost, keep pick 2/3, then I’d say that would be an A+ trade period and supporters could go into next year with a bit of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How confident? I had you guys as premiership favourites at the start of the year.

Fair points. It may actually already be sorted and just something all parties have put to one side. Your current 2nd is just an easy deal for all parties I think so maybe its all locked away to go come Monday.

I will be very annoyed if we go for that future 2nd as was floated earlier in the week...
Id have thought a future 2nd (and maybe a swap of 3rds this year) actually helps freo with the likely timing on the Henry bid?

Id have thought a future 2nd (and maybe a swap of 3rds this year) actually helps freo with the likely timing on the Henry bid?
Don’t have a third this year and I don’t think the uncertainty of where you finish next year helps much. I think we’d be happy enough with a Langdon for Henry swap, we’d then have 25 to spend on a player anyway, or, we could use the three 2nds we’d have access to to move ahead of a potential Henry bid while keeping some points for him.

I think we’ll be pretty reticent to accept your future 2nd, though he’s uncontracted and you have the whip hand so who knows. 22 (that will drift out even further) seems pretty fair value for 23 yo 25 possession a game winger though (even with disposal issues)

Next year their is 17 NGA, academy and father son players.

Plus, Gold Coast already pick 11.

Let’s assume that Melbourne will be a top 10 team.

Your 2020 second round will be mid to late 30 pick.

Add that the fact it will be a weak draft.

No thanks

Next year their is 17 NGA, academy and father son players.

Plus, Gold Coast already pick 11.

Let’s assume that Melbourne will be a top 10 team.

Your 2020 second round will be mid to late 30 pick.

Add that the fact it will be a weak draft.

No thanks

What, I thought this draft was the weak one and next year will be strong. How are we going to cope 😳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of communication between Langdon and Freo is scary..didn’t go to mad Monday, club really doesn’t know what’s the go, will he attend the B&F ??

Im still confident/been told he is off to Carlton. Melbourne talk is a fair bit off the mark in terms of Ed Langdon. Melbourne link comes from them losing out on Brad Hill and then assuming they would want Langdon instead more then anything of actual value. Demonds wanted Hill, St Kilda annihilated them in wages and now they wont get him. They have moved on

Trade would revolve around deals done for Martin and Papley that Carlton want to do. I imagine the deal looks really weird and is not predictable due to the sheer amount of trading Carlton will do this year

I think Melbourne/Freo likely to do a deal around pick 3 though considering Freos new found obsession with the draft path

Now that Mahoney has stated Langdon nominated Melbourne, how far off the mark is the Melbourne talk in terms of Ed Langdon?

Mel offering 2020 second, Freo want 22.

22 is about right.
Next years 2nd will need to come with 42.
I dont think next years 2nd comes close at all and has some pretty atrociouis value, even with 42 it'd be serious unders.

I'll annoyed if we take a future 2nd

Mel offering 2020 second, Freo want 22.

22 is about right.
Next years 2nd will need to come with 42.

If we get a second for Frost (I don't think we will but I'm hopeful) which would be 30 from Hawthorn I'd go with that, I wouldn't be upset using 22 because we are getting a guy that will step in and have a good impact IMO but obviously I'd love us to slightly win out by keeping 22.

Now that Mahoney has stated Langdon nominated Melbourne, how far off the mark is the Melbourne talk in terms of Ed Langdon?

Could still end up at Carlton though if Freo and Melbourne cant agree on a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back