Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast already have pick 11.

Possible free agency compo picks.

In the futures game, 17 players out the game are NGA, Northern Academy and Father sons.

So your second round pick might end in the 40’s.

Plus, it’s the worst draft in years.

I thought next year's was supposed to be better than this year's?

I thought next year's was supposed to be better than this year's?
I'm not sure about worst draft in years but its so compromised with NGA and FSs that future picks are going to be worth less than ever unless its Sydney or Bulldogs who have 3+ kids already linked to them.

I'd be shocked if we accept a future 2nd

That under 17s game is an ok indication of talent but not always spot on. For example Dillion O'Reilly played in the game but then went undrafted. I think we will also see more unmatched picks next year

Good one, you have now messed up the Brad Hill trade to St Kilda and the Ed Langdon trade to Melbourne.

Just take the 3rd rounder we are offering for Langdon or we walk him to the PSD and get him for nothing given that GCS have committed to Greenwood at Pick 1 of the PSD.

Oh Belly, you’ve done it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will either be our 2020 second rounder or Pick 22 from this year.

I think we're trying to make it next year's one with the idea that we'll bounce back, with Freo preferring pick 22.

Must get this trade done otherwise it’s a disaster.

Brad Hill is going to come back to preseason looking like a pregnant rice bubble...

22 is fine.
Agreed - I'd be happy with Pick 22. I think prior to the trade period starting, after the way Langdon finished the year, if you told me you'd pay pick 22 I'd have said I'm perfectly happy with that. If we wrangled next year's 2nd instead it'd be very much a one-sided trade for us, so I think 22 is about fair value considering what we have.

Pick 22 for Langdon is absolutely fair. If Melbourne supporters are thinking we can offer less for that, you've got rocks in your head. If anything, if he was on our list and I was losing him for pick 22 I'd be shattered. This guy apart from questionable disposal finished 5th in their B&F, 23 years old, massive two way runner, hard as nails and can hit the scoreboard. Would be a top 10 pick if the draft was revised.

Wtf Melbourne supporters? You are supposed to be shouting from the rafters that Langdon is worth a 5th rounder at best like those Moorrabin knobs.

Hat tip to all of you.

Pick 22 for Langdon is absolutely fair. If Melbourne supporters are thinking we can offer less for that, you've got rocks in your head. If anything, if he was on our list and I was losing him for pick 22 I'd be shattered. This guy apart from questionable disposal finished 5th in their B&F, 23 years old, massive two way runner, hard as nails and can hit the scoreboard. Would be a top 10 pick if the draft was revised.

his disposal will improve with a coach who prioritizes skills. will be a great pick up for melb.

Wtf Melbourne supporters? You are supposed to be shouting from the rafters that Langdon is worth a 5th rounder at best like those Moorrabin knobs.

Hat tip to all of you.
Nice and accurate post considering your club knocked back 6 and a future second rounder. Yeah saints really tried to rip you off.

Nice and accurate post considering your club knocked back 6 and a future second rounder. Yeah saints really tried to rip you off.
Except we weren't offered #6 and future 2nd. Saints supporters keep referring to something that was later corrected to #6 and future 3rd. The guy who reported it initially is on your payroll - I'm sure he is very impartial ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back