Elephant in the change room

Remove this Banner Ad

That's another issue, and a very good question ... there still seems a lot the AFL does in the shadows, particularly regards Sydney ... but it's always bothered me that the club seemed to just accept the situation imposed on it. Leaves the aftertaste of suspicion.
The swans push for Jason Ball to the commission was a master stroke, one of ours in the unknown world that is the AFL hierarchy

A quick poll then, who here actually believed that Buddy would have played nine more years when the contract started? Very few I'd imagine. There has to be a get out clause there somewhere, the swans board are smarter than that.

You're so astute. I started following the Swans only AFTER Franklin joined because I figured the Swans would win all the time and I like to get on bandwagons.
I'll take your sarcasm as confirmation that you weren't sitting in the stands anytime between 1988-1994. I'm just suggesting you consider getting some perspective. Can't imagine the unholy shitfit you'd throw if, god forbid, we ever failed to make the finals like ten other teams do every year.

The AFL rules ensures that s**t lists get paid at least 95% of great lists. This rule ensures that many players are overpaid relative to their ability. There are many many more overpaid players in the AFL than Franklin. In years 7,8 and 9 of the Franklin deal he may be one of those overpaid players, but that is more than balanced by years 1-6. Even this year Franklin has won a couple of games off his own boot. This is more than some players do in a career.

9 years was not ideal but it is what was required to get him.

I understand the OP's concerns, especially in light of the current situation, but my response is don't worry about it because if he doesn't play anymore then we won't be bound by the contract, and if he does continue to play then we will get value for money.

I'll take your sarcasm as confirmation that you weren't sitting in the stands anytime between 1988-1994. I'm just suggesting you consider getting some perspective. Can't imagine the unholy shitfit you'd throw if, god forbid, we ever failed to make the finals like ten other teams do every year.

My first Swans game was at the SCG v Richmond in 1984. Take what you want from that ... Big Footy is a forum for debate, this thread seemed to generate a fair bit of that. You and several others were obviously interested enough to engage, even if you disagreed, that's the point of all this, but geez, you're making up "facts" to suit your own interpretations. I don't need to explain myself other than point out again what i said with the first sentence of this post.

You and a couple of others seem to think I'm not allowed to criticise anything the club does ... that's both stupid and childish ... and reminds me (as if I needed reminding) why it's barely worth even reading this board any more, let alone posting stuff.

Enjoy your night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back