EPL Matchday 6

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't easy, which is why I said I'm leaning more towards just not following the prem.
Yeah I think it’s a lot harder to follow things like the PL after growing up in Aus. Over here we’re pretty spoilt for success to our teams.. cricket and AFL (not often you have to wait long periods for your side to be competitive again). But PL there’s only realistically 6 teams that will ever win it, with the occasional one season wonder and that’s hard to get your head around. It’s hard to have the mindset of “we didn’t get relegated, success” or “we’re targeting being a consistent mid table side” if you haven’t grown up with it in England. I think some of the lower leagues actually might be more enjoyable to follow as it’s a bit more unpredictable season to season. But stick with them as you obviously picked them for a reason to begin with.

Well I know we have, and I assume United haven’t

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Southampton (seem to recall them hitting someone for six)
Bournemouth
West Brom
Crystal Palace

Last three are total guesses

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Bournemouth
West Brom
Crystal Palace

Stoke might be one.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
Everton
Bournemouth

Efa

Going to be brutally honest and don't mind the backlash.

I'm actually contemplating changing club or just not following the PL anymore.

Been supporting Everton since 2006 and the best season I've seen is 13/14 when we finished 5th ffs. I know changing club is a sin but idgaf outside of AFL. Rather watch a team like City and enjoy myself if I'm going to stay up late.

Just a putrid football club right now that is losing its soul. Disgusted.

come on over to the big footy liverpool army thread. you will be welcomed warmly and I can promise you will never post alone.

When I started following English Soccer , the players were mainly from UK , managers were from England and 3-0 scoreline was considered a great result. How things have changed. 2 sides fighting for championship, man city and liverpool. 4 clubs fighting for 2 champion league spots. Leicester winning a few years ago was one out of the box . Will not happen again uniess the rules on owner ship change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I started following English Soccer , the players were mainly from UK , managers were from England and 3-0 scoreline was considered a great result. How things have changed. 2 sides fighting for championship, man city and liverpool. 4 clubs fighting for 2 champion league spots. Leicester winning a few years ago was one out of the box . Will not happen again uniess the rules on owner ship change.

And Scotland still had A half decent side, with a good dozen guys plying their trade in the English League.

Strong reaction by City after a disappointing result last week. First 20 minutes in particular were incredible. Combination of the utter genius that City possess in nearly every position all being on their game, and Watford just not turning up.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Bournemouth
West Brom
Crystal Palace

Southampton beat Sunderland 8-0.

Went to the Newcastle/Brighton game yesterday. Newcastle were horrible to watch and only turned it on for last fifteen and could have maybe snatched a win. Brighton looked very good and should have won based on the first half. Toon fans were rightly furious all game!

Why does everyone get upset with City's dominance. It's like they have forgotten that since the start of the PL it's been the same. Just the end has changed from United to City.

Everybody seems to forget United dominated and were City for a good 20 years. Up until SAF retired they won almost every year.

So it's as you were for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back