Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that without fail, every single year, supporters of teams on this board threaten each other with taking the player to the PSD. Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster
It’s a forum discussing hypotheticals what else are people supposed to talk about

Probably actual trades, since 99% of these threads end in one after the player requests a trade.
99% of teams don't ask for first round picks for 25 year old uncontracted fringe players.

99% of teams don't ask for first round picks for 25 year old uncontracted fringe players.
Fringe player 😂

Clubs ask for first rounders all the time. Doesn’t mean they get one but it doesn’t hurt to try as the at most half-serious opening gambit.

And in any case our two clubs have a history of silly trade rumours, it’s more of a meme than meltworthy.

Fringe player
😂

Clubs ask for first rounders all the time. Doesn’t mean they get one but it doesn’t hurt to try as the at most half-serious opening gambit.

And in any case our two clubs have a history of silly trade rumours, it’s more of a meme than meltworthy.

Have you forgotten what thread you're in? BZT thread is thattaway.

Esava spent most of last year and part of this year in the VFL. He's leaving for more opportunity. A fringe player by any definition. That said, he's still a more talented player than the spud who Dodoro wants a first rounder for.

Have you forgotten what thread you're in?

Esava spent most of last year and part of this year in the VFL. He's leaving for more opportunity. A fringe player by any definition.
Yep I did. You’re everywhere, it’s hard to keep track.

In any case, your club clearly isn’t recruiting him to be a fringe player, and Geelong has always been happy to part with first rounders so it’s reasonable that they’d expect others to do the same.

Yep I did. You’re everywhere, it’s hard to keep track.

In any case, your club clearly isn’t recruiting him to be a fringe player, and Geelong has always been happy to part with first rounders so it’s reasonable that they’d expect others to do the same.
Wtf is this?

"Port, we gave up first rounders for Jeremy Cameron and Patrick Dangerfield, so now you have to give us a first rounder for our out of contract 25 year old fourth choice KPD!"

Wtf is this?

"Port, we gave up first rounders for Jeremy Cameron and Patrick Dangerfield, so now you have to give us a first rounder for our out of contract 25 year old fourth choice KPD!"
It’s called being reasonable, knowing the real value of draft picks and not treating a late teens pick like it’s going to get you the next Gary Ablett.

Realising you’re not going to get Sav for your F2 and Zerk for 38 or whatever would be a good start.

That F1 is going to go somewhere, whether you choose to believe it or not. And while you are all over every thread persecuting that argument, the rest of us can’t actually have a reasonable conversation. It’s boorish and they’re all starting to blend into one mass. Give it a rest please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you forgotten what thread you're in? BZT thread is thattaway.

Esava spent most of last year and part of this year in the VFL. He's leaving for more opportunity. A fringe player by any definition. That said, he's still a more talented player than the spud who Dodoro wants a first rounder for.
Esava wasn't a defender last year and his games in the vfl this year were managed minutes.

Best 22 elite defender 1st rounder please 🙏

History recap, Adrian Dodoro got pick 8 for an uncontracted small defender in Adam Saad from Carlton.

This is absolutely on the cards, whether it happens or not, who knows but lets not pretend your antics and carry on is a reflection to what will happen in the real world.

History recap, Adrian Dodoro got pick 8 for an uncontracted small defender in Adam Saad from Carlton.

This is absolutely on the cards, whether it happens or not, who knows but lets not pretend your antics and carry on is a reflection to what will happen in the real world.
Saad was worth the pick we paid but was imo more likely valued around pick 12-15. He was a highly talented player who's decision making at times was a bit ordinary but overall was a quality defender. We had pick 8 and Essendon were in turmoil, thus we had to pay slight overs at the time.

BZT on the other hand is genuine rubbish and is lucky to be a regular at AFL level. Hawkins kicks a bag on him every time they play as if he's playing on a toddler.

Would be disappointed if my club paid more than a 3rd rounder for him if we were in the market. Dodoro is literally insane if he thinks he's worth anything near a first rounder.

Mackie just as idiotic asking for a first for Sav. Bloke may be athletic but he's got a brain the size of a marble. No coincidence Geelongs defence was all over the place this year with others having to completely change their roles to allow Sav to run around like a headless chook.

Last edited:
Saad was worth the pick we paid but was imo more likely valued around pick 12-15. He was a highly talented player who's decision making at times was a bit ordinary but overall was a quality defender. We had pick 8 and Essendon were in turmoil, thus we had to pay slight overs at the time.

BZT on the other hand is genuine rubbish and is lucky to be a regular at AFL level. Hawkins kicks a bag on him every time they play as if he's playing on a toddler.

Would be disappointed if my club paid more than a 3rd rounder for him if we were in the market. Dodoro is literally insane if he thinks he's worth anything near a first rounder.
This is the Ratugolea thread (hard to keep up when it’s the same convo stuck in the same loop, I know).

BZT is a tweener type that has had to play taller because we don’t have anyone for the likes of Hawkins and Cameron. He has limitations but will go alright in a team that complements him. Putting him next to Aliir and Ratugolea wouldn’t be the worst idea.

colour me shocked Port getting two best 22 key defenders for stuff all. doubt it happens like that

it won't happen like that because that isn't how it is

Port out to the Bombers: Duursma, + Pick 37 (3rd Round)
ESS. send to Port: BZT + Pick 28 (2nd Rounder)

CATS out to Port: Rat
CATS In: the above 28 on trading from the Bombers

Win, win, win

Good trade, don't know if Cats would prefer 28 which would be more like 35 after F/S, compo etc or Duursma.
I'd prefer Duursma personally.

Good trade, don't know if Cats would prefer 28 which would be more like 35 after F/S, compo etc or Duursma.
I'd prefer Duursma personally.
Port will not trade Duursma for Sav. That is, if the Cats want Duursma they would need to sweeten the pot.

If he's on the trade table, other Clubs like the Hawks, who are interested in drafting his brother, may make hypothetical offers to Port.

Port out to the Bombers: Duursma, + Pick 37 (3rd Round)
ESS. send to Port: BZT + Pick 28 (2nd Rounder)

CATS out to Port: Rat
CATS In: the above 28 on trading from the Bombers

Win, win, win
I rate Duursma more than that. Injury hasn’t helped him.

Not sure how Port will complete these trades without giving up something though.

But going by all the rumours for Essendon, could be a huge off season for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back