Essendon Vs Carlton - Have at it here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game, with Essendon going in with not much to lose and Carlton everything to lose. Essendon a bit of a bogy team but Blues stitched them up later in H/A season. I'd expect Essendon to stay at it for two quarters then the Blues to take off and win by 30-40. I think Carlton can challenge the Eagles next week but if Essendon play WC it could be a repeat of their 09 elim final loss! Blues for me, too classy.

Could a knowledgeable Bombers/Blues fan let me know what the changes in line-up are since the last time these two teams played?
Poster on BBlitz posted this earlier in the week:

fogdog said:
Outs: Dyson, Slattery, Prismall and Crameri

Ins: Fletcher, Watson, Hocking and Lovett-Murray or Welsh

Also, Pears broke his leg just before halftime (when the game was alive) and took no further part.

As for Carlton -

Outs: Kruezer, Curnow, Ellerd, Thornton and Twomey

Ins: Jamieson, Joseph, O'hAilphin, Russell and Carazzo or Lucas

Could a knowledgeable Bombers/Blues fan let me know what the changes in line-up are since the last time these two teams played?

For Essendon -

IN: Jobe Watson, Heath Hocking, Dustin Fletcher, Nathan Lovett-Murray
OUT: Ricky Dyson, Henry Slattery, Brent Prismall, Stewart Crameri

Also worth noting Tayte Pears (who is selected to play today) only played the first half in Round 18 before being subbed off due to injury at Half Time.

Huge game, with Essendon going in with not much to lose and Carlton everything to lose. Essendon a bit of a bogy team but Blues stitched them up later in H/A season. I'd expect Essendon to stay at it for two quarters then the Blues to take off and win by 30-40. I think Carlton can challenge the Eagles next week but if Essendon play WC it could be a repeat of their 09 elim final loss! Blues for me, too classy.

This is pretty much how I see it (sadly), although the final margin will be a bit larger as the Blues will get a run on at the end.

Post was obviously made before the teams came out because Russell and Lucas aren't playing and Ellard and Thornton are

Can't wait for this game. Reckon there will be a lot of aggression out there today.
I'm tipping either team by 1 point. Can't pick. Judd BOG though

This is pretty much how I see it (sadly), although the final margin will be a bit larger as the Blues will get a run on at the end.

Yep, good call. Blues just have a bit more polish around the ball at the moment. That 8th spot could have gone to anyone this year, but Carlton were a steady 4-5th all year, and a good side. But, in saying that, you never know!

Looking forward to this one. Two bitter rivals going at it tooth and nail, the winner will have bragging rights right up til next season, the loser is going to feel like s**t for about the same amount of time, should be a great game.

Watson, Hocking and Fletcher massive ins, Crameri a loss. Kreuzer a big, big loss, but Jamo a good in. Hmm.

I'm going to tip Essendon, but with no real confidence. Should be a fantastic game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in:carrazzo jamison joseph sentanta plus ellard who was the subs for 3 quaters

Out: thouy curnow twomey and kruzer

Surely neutrals would rather watch Carlton vs West Coast next week... Essendon playing a final over there will be laughable!

Surely neutrals would rather watch Carlton vs West Coast next week... Essendon playing a final over there will be laughable!

I dunno, seeing West Coast get a soft game heading in to Geelong would make me pretty happy :D

I think today is going to be a case of Carlton VS themselves. You must wonder if they have the belief they can win after coming so close twice.. Still, Carlton by 8.

heart says the blues, head says the bombers - they have nothing to lose, no pressure at all. Could it be Ratts last game as blues coach?

coming off 2 close elimination finals losses, playing for their coach's job who all the players rave about, would imagine the likes of Judd, Murphy, Simpson will step up rather than step down

Really gets down to stopping the Essendon talls, likewise for the bombers stopping the carlton mids

Sydney aside, this is the game I was looking forward to the most. Should be a cracker at the G. Carlton really need to get a finals win with the current group after two first up losses the past two years.

Who a the neutrals going for? Not 2 of the most loved teams in the afl. So who will you be going for or who will you be hoping to loose(for people who refuse to cheer on a team haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back