Preview Essendon vs Fremantle, Etihad, Saturday 21/07/18 @ 4.35 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooker went back against Port Adelaide.

We won that game and then dropped 4 on the bounce.
In the first 8 games he was occasionally named back but went forward in many of them maybe with a bit of time back.

He was named ...

ADE Fw, Dockers Fw, Bulldogs Fw, Power Fw, Coll Bk (but played Fw), Mel Bk (but played Fd), Haw Bk, Carl Fwd, Gee Bk, GWS Bk, Rich B, Lions Bk, Eagles Bk, NM Bk, Coll Bk, Suns Bk.

Bottom line is that we have consistently played better as a team with him back. Particularly now that our backline is gelling as one. And I reckon they will get even better.

In the first 8 games he was occasionally named back but went forward in many of them maybe with a bit of time back.

He was named ...

ADE Fw, Dockers Fw, Bulldogs Fw, Power Fw, Coll Bk (but played Fw), Mel Bk (but played Fd), Haw Bk, Carl Fwd, Gee Bk, GWS Bk, Rich B, Lions Bk, Eagles Bk, NM Bk, Coll Bk, Suns Bk.

Bottom line is that we have consistently played better as a team with him back. Particularly now that our backline is gelling as one. And I reckon they will get even better.

Hooker went back against Port Adelaide.

We won that game and then dropped 4 on the bounce.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ho...e/news-story/40a57e169e6a4238cf010dc1d009b555

It was sheer luck that no goals were scored on him when he fell over at the contest multiple times.

If he is playing on Walters, Neale, Hill or Mundy and continues to fall over at the contest, it will be a hell of a lot more goals. It could decide the match in Freos favour. And if it does, the decision to play him will be bewildering.
Yes because he's really going to be playing on one of Gold Coast inside midfielders whilst playing as a small defender :drunk:

Good luck fellas, please dont beat us by too much.

Ive been impressed by the way you fellas have set up from mid season- quick ball movement through the corridor is exciting to watch when its on.

Saad and McKenna (who I know is out this week) are essential to your ball movement.

Zaharakis and Fantasia are big ins for you fellas as well.

So arrogant of Essendon to go into the game with just 20 players. It's not a handicap race Woosha you don't need to play Colyer and McNiece to even the odds!

Sorry guys - got stuck waiting in a long queue and when this thread ran out of posts I turned to DB’s ‘Sliding Doors’ out of desperation for something to read...at least it’s better this week than last week’s drivel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Carlton game we sat 2-6. Its no co-incidence that we moved Hooker back and since then we have won 6-2 and would be sitting 2nd on the ladder with 130%+ if the ladder started from round 9.

Sides that have beaten us (Tigers & Pies) took over in the midfield and ran away with the game. They gave us no space. Their medium and smaller sized players nullified Hooker and Hurley through their run and forward pressure.

I reckon our small backs will need to play at their best. They were non existant in the last quarter against Collingwood and for the whole game against Richmond. Freos best players when they win include Neale, Mundy and Langdon. These are the guys that we need to stop along with their smaller forwards.
Agreed. Saad, McGrath and Guelfi hopefully can impact the game back there. McGrath running out of the back line a few weeks ago impressed me a lot. I know they never will but I also think Tippa was excellent back there in his breakout year and could always play a role there too. Really miss Gleeson back there imo

So arrogant of Essendon to go into the game with just 20 players. It's not a handicap race Woosha you don't need to play Colyer and McNiece to even the odds!
First it was Bags then he proved the haters wrong. Then it was Smack. Then it was Myers. Brown and Dea had their turn.

They are in the team. Perhaps get behind them instead of trolling.

I forgot to mention those calling for Hurley and Joes heads.

First it was Bags then he proved the haters wrong. Then it was Smack. Then it was Myers. Brown and Dea had their turn.

They are in the team. Perhaps get behind them instead of trolling.

I forgot to mention those calling for Hurley and Joes heads.

Langford too.

The inside midfielders rest up forward. Or am I mistaken?
Hooker will take them.

And you'll probably come back in here to insist he played forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back