Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

scary stuff:

Sadly we see this so often, Leeds, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bury and now Wigan. Private ownership i think needs to be more thoroughly looked at and peramerters need to be put in place to protect clubs. Far to many clubs have reckless owners that put the clubs in financial trouble and the fans in the end are the ones who truly suffer. I mean seriously it doesn't take a genius to realize a club owner who's a gambler is gonna result in trouble.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dutch coaches don't work in terms of longevity with Aussie players.

Great result tonight.
Verbeek was a plonker, one could look at how his previous stints ended up to tell how it was going to end with us.

Hard to tell if it's a new coach bounce but I'm loving our form. Ospeth 3 from 3.

Got to be thinking we're watching a few future Socceroos at the moment
Remember during the 90s when we basically had half the starting local Roos ?? Well it could happen again.

McGree we know about, Brook has bucketloads of talent, Pacifique has a more rounded game than his brother who has already played for his country, the 2 Toure boys, Izzo has to be around the mark....

With a likely shift toward locally sourced coaches and squads we have set up well.

Verbeek was a plonker, one could look at how his previous stints ended up to tell how it was going to end with us.

Hard to tell if it's a new coach bounce but I'm loving our form. Ospeth 3 from 3.
I just don't think Gertjan knew what he was getting himself into here.

Also, players are loving the winter football judging by the comments. I don't think it'll work personally, but they're gonna try it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back