Footy folklore you wish you could confirm

Remove this Banner Ad

I did hear somewhere that he and Dermie used to do a lot of stuff together.

:eek:

Think of someone who rose through the ranks together - They even worked together !

Apparently Adam Hunter can give Jonah Falcon a run or his money with Tony Notte not far behind.

I once shared a beautiful night with a classy young lady - lets call her a very 'enthusiastic' West Coast fan - who felt it necessary to regale me with delightful tales of her and a large percentage of the Eagles playing list, including said player. That part of the story was omitted, however.

I guess for her it would have been the equivalent of going from a corporate box at the GF to watching a game of kick-to-kick from a park bench.

I once shared a beautiful night with a classy young lady - lets call her a very 'enthusiastic' West Coast fan - who felt it necessary to regale me with delightful tales of her and a large percentage of the Eagles playing list, including said player. That part of the story was omitted, however.

I guess for her it would have been the equivalent of going from a corporate box at the GF to watching a game of kick-to-kick from a park bench.

That matches with my experience - Adam likes the ladies, though not in the Buddy class.

That they truely did bury the Colly Wobbles after the 1990 Gf.
I think they should have dug a deeper hole.
(1 from 5*)
*including the drawn GF.

The Colly Wobbles specifically said that Collingwood wouldnt win a grand final in september from what I understand.
The two theyve won since have both been in October due to drawn games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only a practise match - but apparently Geelong played Hawthorn in a pre season game in the early 90s at Geelong West.

At the end of the game - the 2 coaches Malcolm Blight and Peter Knights had a conference in the centre of the ground - and decided to play a 5TH Quarter - jeez the players would have been rapped with that.

Not sure about the coaches meeting to discuss...but match was certainly five quarters of 25 mins each.

Sunday Age and Sunday Herald Sun issues of 20 March 1994 confirm that.

Was Dorotich practising handball with Mrs. Palmer in the back seat ? hmmmmm....

lol...that will follow him forever. Saw the big fella bout a year ago in a supermarket and instantly thought of that...incident.

In 1989 or 1990, Darren Millane, Denis Banks and Mr X had a huge night in the city (probably at The Tunnel) and for a lark, decided to hijack a bus in the early hours of the morning whilst making their way home. Police didn't take too kindly to it and it was being dealt with by the courts until Millane's untimely death.

The case was ultimately thrown out as it seems Banks and X were able to convince the court that it was all Millane's fault.

Some of the above details are unconfirmed, but the incident definitely happened. Mr X (not a player) was never named, but the strong rumour was that he was a person who to this day has a very high profile both within and outside Collingwood ...

Eddie has told that story before.

I reckon he even alluded to it on an episode of Grumpy Old Men. During the game, he might have seen the Prince of Seagulls. Or he might have got really, really hungry. Or started giggling. Or really digging Jimi Hendrix records. In other words, not all the grass was on the ground.

Brent Crosswell apparently didn't mind a pre game refreshment. His interest in the passing trains at Glenferrie one afternoon is the sort of thing this thread is all about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back