Autopsy Freo Tonne Up and Smash the Hawks (108 - 46) - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good observation on Fyfe & I think some credit has to go to the coaching staff for adjusting the roles around the stoppages to protect Fyfe. He looked good just on the outside of the contest & played a more Dusty like role which really suited him.

Hopefully with Serong & Brayshaw taking even more of the inside duties, Fyfe might get an extra season out of his career.
Teams were just holding him or pushing in the back reducing his effectiveness.

Sounds like a good adjustment.

Only 2 of our last 6 are away from home and the game against the Swans will probably be at a neutral venue. We should play finals from here, a few big 8 point games coming up against teams in similar ladder positions.

I like your thinking. :)

I thought we would go down to the Hawks but was proven wrong in a big way. Well done boys.

Darcy and Lobb both had great games and both played in their best positions and in Lobb's case his preferred position. Even if they both played 80% as well most weeks then Freo are going to win a lot of games.

Serong was outstanding and is hopefully finished with his tagging roles. Good games by the rest of the mids too.

Win, lose or draw bring on the rest of the season so we can see how we handle our shot at getting into the finals.

Couple of things I noticed. Mundy is in great physical shape. Not a shred of tape. Secondly Luke Ryan should take all the kick outs from goalsquare. He hits 95%. Even when it goes to a pack it goes to our advantage. Wilson misses a few targets that come back at ya.

Couple of things I noticed. Mundy is in great physical shape. Not a shred of tape. Secondly Luke Ryan should take all the kick outs from goalsquare. He hits 95%. Even when it goes to a pack it goes to our advantage. Wilson misses a few targets that come back at ya.
I'm actually stunned they keep giving it to him. Wilson knows and does 1 thing when he gets the ball, run as fast as he can in a straight line and kick it as long as he can.

Ryan will get you 10 less metres on average but with 10x the IQ in taking the kick to make adjustments as required. Wilson should be the one in the pocket so he can long down the line and not have to think about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back