Traded Gary Ablett [traded to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Purple saying today that the GC want a decent player and they want Geelong to pay his salary, not sure how long for though.

So the GC are asking a lot (if true), but the Cats know that securing Ablett could win them a flag.

Heard Purple saying today that the GC want a decent player and they want Geelong to pay his salary, not sure how long for though.

So the GC are asking a lot (if true), but the Cats know that securing Ablett could win them a flag.

I think I heard the same. Geelong need to come up with at least $900k to get him

Suns need to hold firm, Ablett basically stole from them with his massively front loaded contract. It's only fair that Geelong pay a players salary as compensation

I think I heard the same. Geelong need to come up with at least $900k to get him

Suns need to hold firm, Ablett basically stole from them with his massively front loaded contract. It's only fair that Geelong pay a players salary as compensation
They have to pay Gary's 600k contract and another 300k for another player, but you'd think Gary would be happy to take a pay cut to make it happen, so it might only cost the Cats 600ish.

It's no surprise look who managers Ablett

They have to pay Gary's 600k contract and another 300k for another player, but you'd think Gary would be happy to take a pay cut to make it happen, so it might only cost the Cats 600ish.

Gold Coast should be enquiring about Motlop or Menzel then so Geelong can pay their first year of wages.

Dear Gary, meet retirement.

Geelong wont be paying 900 for ablett.

The more important question is what sort of grog does purple down before he comes up with this stuff? Must be pretty crap grog that's for sure.

The more important question is what sort of grog does purple down before he comes up with this stuff? Must be pretty crap grog that's for sure.
I agree 900k is ridiculous and then you'll be losing a player as well, at the end of the day it'll be up to Gary to take a big hit salary wise for it to work, for 500-600k i reckon the Cats would roll the dice.

Say what you want but Chris Scott and Geelong have been trying to get Ablett back for at least 3 years now.
there balls deep now they can't pull out now, they will pay overs to get him back Geelong need him badly

Say what you want but Chris Scott and Geelong have been trying to get Ablett back for at least 3 years now.
there balls deep now they can't pull out now, they will pay overs to get him back Geelong need him badly

That post tells me you don't know anything about the situation. Ablett (well specifically certain members of his family) have been trying to get him back in Victoria for a fair while, not Geelong. Geelong has squat all to do with the situation and frankly are not fussed whether Ablett does or doesn't retire.

That post tells me you don't know anything about the situation. Ablett (well specifically certain members of his family) have been trying to get him back in Victoria for a fair while, not Geelong. Geelong has squat all to do with the situation and frankly are not fussed whether Ablett does or doesn't retire.
Haha keep telling ya self that. We all now his family problems.
Chris Scott has been saying since he got the Geelong job that he wanted Ablett back.
Ablett and Geelong have been working on this trade since last years trade period. They have both been working together to try and lower Gaz trade value by faking injuries and making up retirement rumours

Playing the dead bat to perfection there Ownage.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott has been saying since he got the Geelong job that he wanted Ablett back.
Ablett and Geelong have been working on this trade since last years trade period. They have both been working together to try and lower Gaz trade value by faking injuries and making up retirement rumours

Ablett coming home is a nice fairytale, that's the extent of it. He is not a desperate need for us, nor is he a player that half the competition is chasing. It's a happy ever after ending that would be nice in an ideal world, but from a cold hard business point of view, if GC play hardball then we walk away.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about this.

Ablett coming home is a nice fairytale, that's the extent of it. He is not a desperate need for us, nor is he a player that half the competition is chasing. It's a happy ever after ending that would be nice in an ideal world, but from a cold hard business point of view, if GC play hardball then we walk away.

I'm sure that if your blokes walk away empty handed again this year, then that tune will change soon enough.

With the increase in the TPP cap, combined with the exits of Mackie, Lonergan & the likely departures of Motlop & Menzel, then the Cats will have the necessary cap room to make it happen.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about this.
Ablett is Geelong number 1 target this trade period they want him and they know they need him.

That's very embarrassing for your club 14 games and he's smashed the BnF.
I wouldn't say that, it just shows you how good he still is even though he missed 8 games because Geelong told him to fake an injury to help them with the trade

Please stop wasting all our time posting utter crap.

Decent opinion that opposes a trade i have no problem with but this is not only untrue but TMZ tabloid crap. Try and be adult about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back