GBU vs Gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly is costing us 5 or 6 goals per game. Hartigan is only marginally better at present.
All our defenders look bad when our midfield doesn’t chase. Including the good defenders like Hartigan.

However Kelly is an all-conditions-spud. He was our weakest defender last year, and is having a much worse year this year.

All our defenders look bad when our midfield doesn’t chase. Including the good defenders like Hartigan.

However Kelly is an all-conditions-spud. He was our weakest defender last year, and is having a much worse year this year.

and this is exactly where we're missing Lever.

We're short 1 quality tall defender and still having Lever would have provided support to Talia and Hartigan while also allowing us to promote Doedee at the expense of Kelly.

Talia, Laird & Brown have all looked good this year, even with our midfield collapsing as often as not. Kelly & Hartigan have both looked poor, and had multiple goals scored against them on several occasions.

Of course but they are all being big money to perform. They shouldn’t have to take the lead of a stand in captain as the queue to play well. It was a good opportunity for others to show leadership and given Lynch is out, become the next stand in captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When your main leaders are out, it's interesting to see who does step up & lead for example.

For me, Talia has been a standout, compared to our acting captain, even allowing for the injury.

One thing that absolutely ******* BAFFLES me is this:

Milera trains the entire pre season in the backlines as the first choice to replace Smith. The club says he's tearing it up, first in line, etc. But the VERY MOMENT we go to actually select the player to replace Smith, it's suddenly Mackay.

Why even bother developing Milera throughout the pre season as a half back only to throw that plan out the window when the season starts? What was the point of that?

This combined with Mackay's continually low coaches votes and B&F votes yet his locked in status in our team is just bizzare.

Milera trains the entire pre season in the backlines as the first choice to replace Smith. The club says he's tearing it up, first in line, etc. But the VERY MOMENT we go to actually select the player to replace Smith, it's suddenly Mackay.

Why even bother developing Milera throughout the pre season as a half back only to throw that plan out the window when the season starts? What was the point of that?

This combined with Mackay's continually low coaches votes and B&F votes yet his locked in status in our team is just bizzare.

Yes. Yes. Yes. FFS.

Shiel is an absolutely jet outta the midfield; he’s Judd-like but because he’s got great hair and kicks with his left foot no one seems to notice.

He’s exactly what we need right now, too - and the style of player Brad Crouch should be for us right now.

Any chance Ms Williams wants to return to Adelaide?

This club must move these players on - MacKay (we all know the history , and the future is thus written), Jenkins (the original one armed man from the Fugitive), Atkins ( has no contest about him), Hartigan (looks like the ultimate footballer but is a fumbling non-rebounder), Kelly (Hmmm, despair).
and these coaches - Whatisname the midfield coach.

When your main leaders are out, it's interesting to see who does step up & lead for example.

For me, Talia has been a standout, compared to our acting captain, even allowing for the injury.
I wonder why Talia wasn’t given the captaincy ahead of lynch?
Surely it will be him this week with lynch and Douglas out.

Not in the leadership group this was the rationale given .. I think they should've by-passed that process and anointed him anyway

This club must move these players on - MacKay (we all know the history , and the future is thus written), Jenkins (the original one armed man from the Fugitive), Atkins ( has no contest about him), Hartigan (looks like the ultimate footballer but is a fumbling non-rebounder), Kelly (Hmmm, despair).
and these coaches - Whatisname the midfield coach.

Bob the builder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think Tex (fwd) Sloane crouch (mids) and Talia (back) would have been ideal
Weird isn't it.

Talia was clearly struggling at times last year (back and groin?). From memory he was barely training and spending most of the week in rehab/recovery. And yet this year he has been a breath of fresh air. Back to to some of his best form.

I wonder what pre-season program he was on? Perhaps more of the list should've been on the same?

One thing Mackay always provides is effort. He always tries. Coaches love that.

He is also.good at washing cars and running errands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That’s true though.
I’m no fan of the guy but he doesn’t shirk contests and he actually gives all he has and that’s not very much..... lol

What can you say, only at the Adelaide Crows ...

Because Talia isn't in the leadership group, which appears to be a strange decision given he is probably our 3rd best leader.

The club will probably give it to Mrouch who is in the leadership group.

52b9c6187237d459be6bb2ba01a9df20

ohno while he is injured are we all going to forget what a diabolical kick he is and how fumbly he can be with the ball?

Because Talia isn't in the leadership group, which appears to be a strange decision given he is probably our 3rd best leader.

The club will probably give it to Mrouch who is in the leadership group.
I can’t work it out, Talia has always seemed to show leadership qualities, his bnf speech confirmed that. I haven’t seen him do any media this year either.

One could be forgiven for thinking it’s talia leaving at the end of the year not lynch.

I can’t work it out, Talia has always seemed to show leadership qualities, his bnf speech confirmed that. I haven’t seen him do any media this year either.

One could be forgiven for thinking it’s talia leaving at the end of the year not lynch.
Yeah I don't get it as clearly the leader of our defence. Don't the defenders vote?

Everything about Talia suggests he should be in our leadership group.

It's not just that either, they've now seen him play off half-back and rip games to pieces and they STILL shifted him forward. Maybe fair enough if Brodie Smith comes back in and Mackay is out of the side .... but not before.

Sloane - foot
Lynch - illness/ribs
McGovern -rolled ankle
Walker - plantar fascia
Mackay - concussion
B Crouch - body can't take AFL

Mate, if those guys were all playing last night we would have won easy, but hey if it makes you feel better about things if you have someone to blame then go for it. Don't think it's me struggling with reality though.

Sloane - mismanaged.
Walker - mismanaged.
Crouch - mismanaged.

Was Mackay concussed again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back