Review Geelong defeats Port by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

The Selwood hate is disgraceful, and the booing should be getting criticised as much as it was when it was Goodes and Watson on the receiving end. As much as I wanna bite, I remind myself that you can't argue with stupidity. So I just note to myself how pathetic these people are, and then I take a look at Joel's long list of accolades, and laugh.

A Friend of mine who is not a Geelong supporter summed it up perfectly. Some he gets high cause he is just so hard at the contest that it happens and some he creates himself. The point is he creates by shrugging the arms of the tackler up over his shoulder. My mate says if the other player is not strong enough to keep his arms around Joel's arms then that is his bad luck and he should be penalised. Selwood is just stronger and if the arm is above the shoulder unless you have ducked it is a free kick. He doesn't duck he breaks the tackle upwards with pure strengh. Boy wonder has the greatest will to win of any athlete I have ever seen. I JUST ******* LOVE HIM AND * EVERYONE ELSE

Happy to be proven wrong, but not impressed with what I've seen so far.

Looks slow to me as well
There's no way he's a slow runner. If you think he's slow to use the ball or to activate some offensive run options then fair enough. But I don't think he lacks leg speed at all. Would make Lonergan and Taylor look like turtles in a foot race.

There's no way he's a slow runner. If you think he's slow to use the ball or to activate some offensive run options then fair enough. But I don't think he lacks leg speed at all. Would make Lonergan and Taylor look like turtles in a foot race.

Slow in his decision making.

Lonergan has become glacial.

Maybe he's the quiet cool type off field emu, he's lacking that confidence on field.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Funny how we see polar opposite traits in the same player. I like how cool and controlled he looked v Dogs. And I don't see him as slow.
Haven't seen all the Port game yet.

Also 24k... Geelong says no to Thursday night footy and rightly so
Kids can't go, melbourne people don't really want to, flatter crowd with people not as boozy with work the next day

Just a dogs breakfast really
Would I be right in assuming, and it is purely a gut feel, that SA is the only place that seems to have taken to Thursday night footy?
It was disappointing to see it not a success in Geelong. Thursday night football has been a massive success in Adelaide when the Crows played.

Nathan decided he did not belong in AFL, and still looks like he feels that way...like he had nothing to say to an entire team.
It's such a shame, that. He could have been an absolute star. The kid had more natural talent than his older brother. We might have won five flags if they both hung around.

Lol, wish I wasn't banned at the Swans sight as I would like to congratulate them on their loss after the crap they gave me last week when I tried to congratulate them on their win . By the way I don't know why I got banned as I was the one who got abused . Oh sorry , thought I was on the Saints site .

Sent via HAL

Something like 'don't argue with an idiot because they'll beat you with experience' ?

I prefer to say that arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Why admit that you've lost to an idiot after. Then again after all of our interactions here some might say we've gained plenty of experience.
arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to work on our positioning across HF at centre bounces. Port smashed us with players coming off the half back line. Led our players in and were able to link up from the clearance. This was several times at the centre contest after we had scored a goal so they were able to claw one back straight away.

It was disappointing to see it not a success in Geelong. Thursday night football has been a massive success in Adelaide when the Crows played.
A majority of supporters come from Melbourne, and they would have been unable to attend last night.

Slow in his decision making.

I'm surprised for this sudden hate for Kolo from a lot of posters (not referring to you btw).

The negative thing that mostly stands out about him, even when he was playing well last year, is the punching the ball when he has the chance to mark. Very un-Geelong like although granted that we have been spoilt in that regard with some really strong defensive marks over the last 10+ years.

I think he is a bit of an awkward player in that he is not a genuine key back and by modern footy standards that he doesn't provide enough drive for a medium off half back. I think he will be a dependable player long term but not a star. A slightly better Jeremy Laidler would be my comparison for him.

A majority of supporters come from Melbourne, and they would have been unable to attend last night.
Yeah, I get the difference. Adelaide Oval is so accessible from the CBD and public transport from the suburbs. Geelong on the other hand, trying to get across the Westgate on a Thursday night? Forget it!

Kolo does have a worrying knack of turning the ball over - directly or indirectly - in the back half, or at least it seems that way to me.

Sometimes, it's just bad luck; e.g. when a tap-on bounces nicely for the opposition, but it happens a bit too regularly to be just totally randomness.

They always seem to lead to a goal as well

A few things -

Synergy in our back 6 will take time but the next five years looks sorted. Big question do we give Gardiner his debut tracking their Captain

Great post......in answer to this....a resounding no!

I haven't at any stage locked Kolo in our best 22......he has a lot of deficiencies in my eyes which were starkly apparent last year as well.

Thursday night's performance hasn't altered my thinking. He has a fair way to go...

I know you guys won but I hate Thursday night games . It throws the weekend out of balance . Plus , as I saw someone else say , it's no good for kids who have homework and school the next day . I would rather they played more games at the old 2:10 time slot on a Saturday afternoon like they used to . I remember looking up at the scoreboard during the breaks to see the scores from other games . It was fun , rather than have endless ads blaring at you like at the dome or MCG . What do they show at the Cats games at home now ? I assume they have a state of the art new scoreboard, is it ads as well ? Why can't they show replays of goals and highlights ? I also noticed at the dome the ads are so much louder than everything else.

Sent via HAL

I'm surprised for this sudden hate for Kolo from a lot of posters (not referring to you btw).

The negative thing that mostly stands out about him, even when he was playing well last year, is the punching the ball when he has the chance to mark. Very un-Geelong like although granted that we have been spoilt in that regard with some really strong defensive marks over the last 10+ years.

I think he is a bit of an awkward player in that he is not a genuine key back and by modern footy standards that he doesn't provide enough drive for a medium off half back. I think he will be a dependable player long term but not a star. A slightly better Jeremy Laidler would be my comparison for him.

Been a slow burn for me.

I don't 'hate' him, but I'm starting to get worried about his ability to make it.

I see something there, but he's just not coming on as I'd like, even allowing for the fact he's a kid.

He turns the ball over quite a bit, which as often as not creates a goal for them, and he just doesn't seem to have it together.

Happy for him to prove me wrong,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back