• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 51 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In some ways Neale has the athleticism of Balta but with the competitiveness of Ryan.

Neale was an elite 400m runner and when he's in position and launches at the ball he looks unreal. He's also a beautiful kick and good below his knees.

But Balta uses his amazing athleticism to compete when out of position. In the nicest way he's one of the best scrappers out there in that he matches his athleticism with a will power to compete that is super impressive.

Neale looks the opposite in that he struggles to compete when out of position. That's how he reminds me of Ryan who looks good at times and uncompetitive at times.

He's an interesting talent but not sure he'll make it and if he does I'm not convinced he'll end up a key forward rather than a mobile ruck or even a tall winger and 2nd ruck.
Sound exactly what we need, I'll swap you for Ryan, with Kosi thrown in.

Well done Tiggies. Great win! Vlastuin's a gun. Mansell really impressive.

The week Cleansweep17 decides all that matters is higher draft picks and you knock off a flag fancy. Beautiful😂😂😂
Still need to bank enough wins to avoid the spoon though.

But I guess the reverse moz worked 🤣

Since we did you guys a favour today can you please smash the Hawks for us tomorrow. Since it’s Hawkins 350th, a win margin by his weight would be fitting 🤞

Still need to bank enough wins to avoid the spoon though.

But I guess the reverse moz worked 🤣

Since we did you guys a favour today can you please smash the Hawks for us tomorrow. Since it’s Hawkins 350th, a win margin by his weight would be fitting 🤞
Bring on pick 2 hey? If you keep knocking off teams like Sydney you're in danger of pushing towards finals. What a terrible result that would be!

False hope is a drought maker. Don’t fall for it.
I don't think you'll be that bad tbh.

For all the back and forths, the Tigers play with spirit...West Coast can't even do that. Norf are a joke, and Hawthorn look a fair way off it.

Adelaide look a like a mess too. You'll probably escape the bottom 4 at this rate.

I don't think you'll be that bad tbh.

For all the back and forths, the Tigers play with spirit...West Coast can't even do that. Norf are a joke, and Hawthorn look a fair way off it.

Adelaide look a like a mess too. You'll probably escape the bottom 4 at this rate.
Yeah I agree, Yze looks like he’s a smart coach and the players are buying in. I’m starting to think this whole “the players are love Dimma” is a whole bunch of media BS.

You guys are looking good too, I believe you’ve got a fairly easy run coming up as well. When do you think you’ll have your first loss?

Yeah I agree, Yze looks like he’s a smart coach and the players are buying in. I’m starting to think this whole “the players are love Dimma” is a whole bunch of media BS.

You guys are looking good too, I believe you’ve got a fairly easy run coming up as well. When do you think you’ll have your first loss?
I thought that too tbh, reading Cotchins comments over the Mrs Hardwick stuff just made me think the players lost a bit of respect for him.

Agree on Yze, loved his reaction at the end. People are critical of when coaches get emotional like that, but you know that they actually care. Players see that, and it matters.

We're a tough one to judge. I'd like to think we beat the Dogs, but on a 5 day break with a few out I could see that going south.

We've got Norf at home next week, so that should be a given, and then it's the Lions up in QLD.

I'd say we drop one of the Lions or Dogs games, so would be pretty happy with 5-1 or 4-2.

Just quickly as well, you're much better like this mate. Keep this up and you'll get most of us on your side, I guarantee you.

They'll be a few dickheads of course, but most of us are will look out for you if you do the same :)

I thought that too tbh, reading Cotchins comments over the Mrs Hardwick stuff just made me think the players lost a bit of respect for him.

Agree on Yze, loved his reaction at the end. People are critical of when coaches get emotional like that, but you know that they actually care. Players see that, and it matters.

We're a tough one to judge. I'd like to think we beat the Dogs, but on a 5 day break with a few out I could see that going south.

We've got Norf at home next week, so that should be a given, and then it's the Lions up in QLD.

I'd say we drop one of the Lions or Dogs games, so would be pretty happy with 5-1 or 4-2.

Just quickly as well, you're much better like this mate. Keep this up and you'll get most of us on your side, I guarantee you.

They'll be a few dickheads of course, but most of us are will look out for you if you do the same :)

Stop making friends with us campaigner, making me feel awkward. :tearsofjoy:

Trust me, it's not exactly fun for me either 🤣

In all seriousness, the constant bickering gets tiring when it goes on as long as this has. I was genuinely excited for the Tiges this afternoon.

I don't have the energy to troll 24/7. You seem to have the longevity though, so keep going as you have.

It would be funny though. We'd basically cut Chiefs revenue in half if we all just got along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trust me, it's not exactly fun for me either 🤣

In all seriousness, the constant bickering gets tiring when it goes on as long as this has. I was genuinely excited for the Tiges this afternoon.

I don't have the energy to troll 24/7. You seem to have the longevity though, so keep going as you have.

It would be funny though. We'd basically cut Chiefs revenue in half if we all just got along.

It is exciting seeing youngsters from any side play their hearts out and win against the odds, even Geelong. :)

Trouble is, your youngsters are about 29 years of age. ;)

haha all g

You do realise that if you look past my bluntness I agree with like 90% of what you guys say yeah. I think I’ve traumatised you guys so bad you take things the wrong way no matter how I write it 🤣

I’m a simple guy, you get the medals you get the praise. It goes both ways like when I backed up Selwood v Boak in the other thread.

The power of Daicos brings Cats and Tigers together. I thought the Dusty GOAT would be the most contentious thread ever made on bigfooty but no no no the Daicos GOAT thread Fudgey made is on another level 🤣

The power of Daicos brings Cats and Tigers together. I thought the Dusty GOAT would be the most contentious thread ever made on bigfooty but no no no the Daicos GOAT thread Fudgey made is on another level 🤣

We just have to be careful as this is the Geelong V Richmond thread. You can get reported for posting stuff friendly to the other team as it goes against the terms of reference. If it was called the Geelong and Richmond mutual appreciation society thread then that would be different. :)

Plus they play at a cheat ground, they systematically corrupted the AFL, and they are home to some of the most detestable human beings the game has ever seen, Dangerfield, Hocking, Chris Salt etc. ;)

Dare I say it. Tigers are much better than the spooners they looked in round 1-3. Could we be seeing the return of 9thmond?

My predicted ladder before the season started:

1 GWS
2 Brisbane
3 Port
4 Swans
5 Carlton
6 Collingwood
7 Suns
8 Saints
9 Ninthmond
10 Dogs
11 Crows(key back issues look to be killing them)
12 Demons
13 Cats
14 Freo
15 Bombers
16 Hawks
17 North
18 Eagles

As you would expect I have a couple of selections tracking badly already. But we are zeroing in on 9nth like we own it. :)

Yesterday showed why we will be fine if Grimes, Prestia & Martin are no longer at the club.

Yesterday showed why we will be fine if Grimes, Prestia & Martin are no longer at the club.
Yesterday was notable as it was the first time in a while that Richmond have played well without Martin.

And interestingly the kids as a collective seemed to play better when they were surrounded by more peers rather than stacks of 30+ year old players (of course a few are still important).

Bolton and Taranto playing to their best certainly helps. Those two and Baker/Rioli/Balta will be the ones to carry the kids going forward. That middle age profile is pretty strong.

Yesterday was notable as it was the first time in a while that Richmond have played well without Martin.

And interestingly the kids as a collective seemed to play better when they were surrounded by more peers rather than stacks of 30+ year old players (of course a few are still important).

Bolton and Taranto playing to their best certainly helps. Those two and Baker/Rioli/Balta will be the ones to carry the kids going forward. That middle age profile is pretty strong.
I would be playing Grimes in the VFL & doing leadership coaching he is good back-up if any injuries occur, to me Ben Miller is too good to be playing VFL we fked around with his development by playing him forward.

I think Tom Brown is a better player than Grimes at this stage of their careers.
I don't think you can play both of them that low possesion 193cm defender & Brown has better kicking skills.

I do think Martin's soreness/injuries has had something to do with his form & has been legitmate he wasn't running right even on offense & he was running to the bench sore.

I like what we are doing & we have been competitive in most games other than the Suns match and maybe quarter let us down against Port & our pressure was not up to scratch, I think their has been a slight overeaction by some people in the media about how bad we have been 0-3 the previous week. saying we need to full rebuild.

I would rather keep being competitive with our good senior players bringing the kids a long for the ride & learning what it takes to win hard games against a quality team like Sydney than be uncompetitive & be smashed week in week out like The Eagles or North.

Sad but true. Didn't miss them. They simply don't have the speed and tanks anymore to chase for 4 quarters.

Still a leadership role for Grimes and probably a spot for Dusty but I unfortunately think they need to hang them up this year.

Prestia should before the MSD.

Sad but true. Didn't miss them. They simply don't have the speed and tanks anymore to chase for 4 quarters.

Still a leadership role for Grimes and probably a spot for Dusty but I unfortunately think they need to hang them up this year.

Prestia should before the MSD.
Prestia I think stuffs up our midfield mix in the team. We won the other day because of our speed, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Graham etc are way too many slow mids.

I’ve been saying to trade prestia for years.

Prestia I think stuffs up our midfield mix in the team. We won the other day because of our speed, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Graham etc are way too many slow mids.

I’ve been saying to trade prestia for years.

Trade Graham. Retire Prestia.

Taranto and Hopper may be trade fails, particularly Hopper, but at least we can use them as mature bodies while the likes of Sonsie, McAuliffe and possibly Dow (not sold on him) grow into their size.

Shame about Gibcus but at least we have Young and Miller. Grimes and Broad are nearing the end.

Lynch you have to wonder also. I hope Balta and Lefau/Kosi can do a reasonable job while we see if the likes of Fawcett and Bauer develop.

Back