• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 51 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 pick here we come. We’ll see who’s crying in a few years when you become the next St Kilda
Enjoy being a basket case for the next seven years waiting for that “top 5 draft pick” to hit his peak.. if he even is still on your list 😂. You might end up with richard tambling again

No I just believe in what’s happening right now.

You believe in what isn’t.

You believe that losing equals winning and vice versa. You believe that a competition five years from now is what you’re competing for because you’ve decided in the last three weeks that your team isn’t good enough to compete for this one.

Are we not talking about rebuilds? Pretty sure they take 5+ years. No if you are rebuilding losing is in fact a win. But on the flip side of you are contending losing is just losing. I’m not sure why it’s such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

I’m enjoying watching Richmond play this year and not focused on wins and loses as much, Yze is implementing a new gamestyle and we will also be getting higher draft picks. That to me is a faster rebuild than what you are doing.

I actually think Cats don’t think they are in rebuild mode yet anyway. You still have the same senior players as your best players and the same coach with essentially the same style. So yeah I think in 5 years will be ahead of you guys as will Hawks for the same reasons. It’s just the cycle of AFL I’m not having a go.

Enjoy being a basket case for the next seven years waiting for that “top 5 draft pick” to hit his peak.. if he even is still on your list . You might end up with richard tambling again

Or get another Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Rance

They aren’t that great players according to you so it should be easy to get players of that calibre again.

Whereas you guys won’t get players like GAJ,GAS,Scarlett, Hawkins for a packet of chips again. So let’s see how good really are with continued contention.

Are we not talking about rebuilds? Pretty sure they take 5+ years. No if you are rebuilding losing is in fact a win. But on the flip side of you are contending losing is just losing. I’m not sure why it’s such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

I’m enjoying watching Richmond play this year and not focused on wins and loses as much, Yze is implementing a new gamestyle and we will also be getting higher draft picks. That to me is a faster rebuild than what you are doing.

I actually think Cats don’t think they are in rebuild mode yet anyway. You still have the same senior players as your best players and the same coach with essentially the same style. So yeah I think in 5 years will be ahead of you guys as will Hawks for the same reasons. It’s just the cycle of AFL I’m not having a go.

How the f*** would I know. In 35 seasons of following football Geelong has never missed the finals more than 3 years running so I wouldn’t have a clue.

You’re the expert. They take your club decades.

Do they take points off because your style doesn’t change?

That’s interesting

Run along little falcon

‘Let’s see how good you REALLY are.’

What does that mean?

Does that mean the four flags didn’t happen?

That’s like saying ‘let’s see how good you are now Novak, now that you’re a bit older and slower, we will probably find out your 24 slams were a fluke. Now is when you will REALLY show what you’ve got.’

Or get another Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Rance

They aren’t that great players according to you so it should be easy to get players of that calibre again.

Whereas you guys won’t get players like GAJ,GAS,Scarlett, Hawkins for a packet of chips again. So let’s see how good really are with continued contention.
Yes mate, because Ridhmond has been such a powerhouse finals prescence since the AFL went national 😂😂.

At a bare minimum, you have many years to enjoy of what melbourne and carlton went thru and what north melbourne are currently going thru.

As you pointed out, you seem very happy and accepting to watch your side get its ass kicked for years, so enjoy!!

Lol, we won the flag in 2022 with only ome of those names on our list and rebuilt the entire side while challenging for a flag with no top draft picks. Our side had alot of late picks and rookies in it.

Your dumb posts need alot of correcting

Lol, we won the flag in 2022 with only ome of those names on our list and rebuilt the entire side while challenging for a flag with no top draft picks. Our side had alot of late picks and rookies in it.

We'll probably just find some kid from Ireland who ends up better than their top 5 pick anyway.

That's the beauty of this. Not only do we have considerably more high picks than Richmond...we also make better decisions with late picks too.

Richmond lose on every measure. It's why Falcons gone from thinking they're ahead now, to saying they'll be ahead in 5 years.

How the f*** would I know. In 35 seasons of following football Geelong has never missed the finals more than 3 years running so I wouldn’t have a clue.

You’re the expert. They take your club decades.

Do they take points off because your style doesn’t change?

That’s interesting

Run along little falcon

You know, I know you don’t like me but being a savage every post is not necessary. I was having a legit convo and wasn’t bagging you at all. Want to start being a little more civil to each other or nah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you would’ve won the 2022 flag without Hawkins. I think he was your best forward in 2011 as well right?

He was an expected top 5 pick and you got him for a packet of chips. This is a fact, you having a go at me for saying it isn’t really fair tbh. Just own it, everybody knows anyway.

You know, I know you don’t like me but being a savage every post is not necessary. I was having a legit convo and wasn’t bagging you at all. Want to start being a little more civil to each other or nah?

I don’t not like you at all. I think your logic is breathtakingly silly and I have no idea why you post the stuff that you do. It’s absolutely that simple. If I spoke to you in person I’d probably have the same discussion and laugh at or with you but I’d still be no less flabbergasted as to how you would possibly justify saying the things you do and jumping from one angle to the next but always returning to the same obsessions.

I don’t think you would’ve won the 2022 flag without Hawkins. I think he was your best forward in 2011 as well right?

He was an expected top 5 pick and you got him for a packet of chips. This is a fact, you having a go at me for saying it isn’t really fair tbh. Just own it, everybody knows anyway.

And you got heaps of your best players as a consequence of being s**t. What’s your point. You keen harping on this. Every team with stars has landed them through good luck. The Hawks landed Luke Hodge because they were s**t enough to have a number 1 pick, and you were s**t enough to draft Richard Tambling and gift wrap them Lance Franklin. Let it go.

And no, he was our best forward in the 2011 grand final. The 2011 season?

He was not even guaranteed to be in the side in the lead up to the game.

James Podsiadly was our best forward in 2011.

I genuinely don’t see Richmond in the same league as Geelong for a sustained period of time, or even a rivalry.

The tigers had a good 4 years, and made the most of it, but for the last 25+ years they’ve been absolutely destroyed by Geelong teams.

I celebrated hard for the Tigers in 2017, who wouldn’t, but to suggest the Tigers are in the same league as the mighty Cats - please…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can you please stop talking about things you are uneducated on and clueless, you embarrass yourself.

No tom hawkins was not our best forward in 2011, he kicked 27 goals for the year, he was well behind podsiadly chapman johnson at the time.

I genuinely don’t see Richmond in the same league as Geelong for a sustained period of time, or even a rivalry.

The tigers had a good 4 years, and made the most of it, but for the last 25+ years they’ve been absolutely destroyed by Geelong teams.

I celebrated hard for the Tigers in 2017, who wouldn’t, but to suggest the Tigers are in the same league as the mighty Cats - please…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
See this is the delusion I am referring to. You’ve got 10 flags to compared to 13 and the finals record is 11-2 our way. What are you talking about, like for real?

Can you please stop talking about things you are uneducated on and clueless, you embarrass yourself.

No tom hawkins was not our best forward in 2011, he kicked 27 goals for the year, he was well behind podsiadly chapman johnson at the time.
oh yeah that’s right he didn’t become elite until latter in his career.

Latter = the next 13 seasons.
Late 20s he became elite, that’s when he won his AAs (taking out the rigged 2012 one) and singular coleman.

the early 2010s Hawkins was behind Buddy, Riewoldt, J Kennedy and Tex comfortably. Like you said he wasn’t even the best in his team whilst the other blokes besides Tex were winning Coleman’s and AAs.

Last edited:
See this is the delusion I am referring to. You’ve got 10 flags to compared to 13 and the finals record is 11-2 our way. What are you talking about, like for real?

Delusion?

Mate, you have a winning finals record for the precise reason because we keep showing up and playing teams in finals whether we are peaking or not:

Where were you when we were at ours? Busy microwaving memberships and losing home and away games by 27 goals. We cant beat you in finals when we are at the top of the tree if you can’t make them.

When you were top dog you rightly beat away the challengers, of which we were one. Even for those of us sitting through those defeats, disappointing though they were, we’ve spent our entire football following lives watching our team, for the most part, showing up to play Richmond knowing in advance that we would have the four points. Thinking that 17-20 somehow changes this…. It doesn’t mate.

You had success, well done. What impact do you think it has on a supporter group who’ve spent their lives pretty much laughing at your club?

What do you think we care about stuff that happened in the 60s or 70s? I didn’t see it so I don’t know the context of it, I didn’t have to watch it or experience it or be disappointed by it, what, do, we, care?

Back