• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 51 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Late 20s he became elite, that’s when he won his AAs (taking out the rigged 2012 one) and singular coleman.

the early 2010s Hawkins was behind Buddy, Riewoldt, J Kennedy and Tex comfortably.

Yeah but he didn’t did he. He won his team a grand final at 23, was AA the next season and has been elite ever since. As I said, seasons 2012-2024 which is 13 seasons. End of argument.

Run along.

Yeah but he didn’t did he. He won his team a grand final at 23, was AA the next season and has been elite ever since. As I said, seasons 2012-2024 which is 13 seasons. End of argument.

Run along.

You just said he wasn’t the best forward in 2011 now you are saying he won his team a GF (without even winning a norm smith mind you). Can you make up your mind.

I like how Hawkins can be elite for so many seasons without winning any AAs but the same rules don’t apply to Dusty who’s got the 8th career Brownlow votes and 8 AA squad (4 in the team) selections a rising start nom and 2 under 22 selections.

The bias reeks.

The word ‘headf**ked’ used to get thrown around this forum a lot by Hawthorn then at some point Richmond fans.

No one has ever been quite so headf**ked by anything, as what Falcon is by one of blazers handed out for a team that never even got to play a game of football, selected in 2012, which was fully deserved.

You just said he wasn’t the best forward in 2011 now you are saying he won his team a GF (without even winning a norm smith mind you). Can you make up your mind.

I like how Hawkins can be elite for so many seasons without winning any AAs but the same rules don’t apply to Dusty who’s got the 8th career Brownlow votes and 8 AA squad (4 in the team) selections.

The bias reeks.

Yes that’s correct. He wasn’t the best forward in 2011.

You see, there were 25 games in 2011, not 1 game.

He won his team the grand final in 2011, not the other 24 games, little Falcon.

Hence he wasn’t the best forward in Geelong’s team in 2011. Do you see the difference?

Bachar Houli won your team a grand final in 2017 and he didn’t win a norm smith medal and I don’t hear you complaining about it.

Yes, Hawkins has been elite every year since. His worst season has been 62 combined goals/assists since that day. Any other brain busters you want to throw at the intellectual scavengers from your papal balcony in the Big Footy Vatican as you address the masses below while you’re at it?

And yes your bias does indeed reek.

It has become rather stale - as things tend to do when they are 2-3 years old like your shithouse arguments.

The word ‘headf**ked’ used to get thrown around this forum a lot by Hawthorn then at some point Richmond fans.

No one has ever been quite so headf**ked by anything, as what Falcon is by one of blazers handed out for a team that never even got to play a game of football, selected in 2012, which was fully deserved.

Fully deserved over the Coleman medalist. Yea sure man whatever, I’m sure you wouldn’t complain if it was like the another way around. You know like with Dustys norm smiths?

Hawks supporters?

I remember during the Hawks 3peat, all the cats supporters were also calling them the worst dynasty because of their list. It’s a never ending pattern with most of you guys, constantly shitting on teams/clubs who achieve more than you. I’m not sure why maybe it’s just simple insecurity? Idk

But one thing is for sure, god help the supporters of the next dynasty who will cop the wrath of Cats supporters yet again.

Now maybe it’s time for you to run along down to the local Geelong bingo night.

Yes that’s correct. He wasn’t the best forward in 2011.

You see, there were 25 games in 2011, not 1 game.

He won his team the grand final in 2011, not the other 24 games, little Falcon.

Hence he wasn’t the best forward in Geelong’s team in 2011. Do you see the difference?

Bachar Houli won your team a grand final in 2017 and he didn’t win a norm smith medal and I don’t hear you complaining about it.

Yes, Hawkins has been elite every year since. His worst season has been 62 combined goals/assists since that day. Any other brain busters you want to throw at the intellectual scavengers from your papal balcony in the Big Footy Vatican as you address the masses below while you’re at it?

And yes your bias does indeed reek.

It has become rather stale - as things tend to do when they are 2-3 years old like your shithouse arguments.

So he wasn’t actually BOG in the GF and you are just making up whatever in your mind and stating it as fact yet again.

Nice dodge on the Dusty point btw. Very impressive Mr. PM

Fully deserved over the Coleman medalist. Yea sure man whatever, I’m sure you wouldn’t complain if it was like the another way around. You know like with Dustys norm smiths?

Hawks supporters?

I remember during the Hawks 3peat, all the cats supporters were also calling them the worst dynasty because of their list. It’s a never ending pattern with most of you guys, constantly shitting on teams/clubs who achieve more than you. I’m not sure why maybe it’s just simple insecurity? Idk

But one thing is for sure, god help the supporters of the next dynasty who will cop the wrath of Cats supporters yet again.

Now maybe it’s time for you to run along down to the local Geelong bingo night.

lol, they picked Dean Cox in a forward pocket and you’re complaining 12 years later about Tom Hawkins being picked at full forward 😂

I haven’t complained about any of Martin’s norm smith’s.

I personally think Houli was the most important player on the field in 2017 because without him the game isn’t there for Martin to win but could see why Martin won the award, think it could have been raffled between a dozen players including Martin in 2019 and he was the clear winner in 2020. Who cares.

Who are we shitting on? Hawthorn have achieved the same as us. They’ve won the same amount of flags as us in recent times and were one half of the best rivalry in footy.
Brisbane were awesome. Haven’t heard any of us shitting on them.

If the likes of you didn’t have such a chip on your shoulder we probably wouldn’t s**t on you either but with the amount of s**t you go on with you don’t give people much choice.

And see here’s the thing:

When you say ‘clubs that achieve more than you.’

That’s where you lose the argument.

Because you haven’t, have you.

If you want to sit there and say ‘Richmond as an entity since we’ve begun have won more titles than you have.’ You would be right. And I would simply say, as I’ve said many times, I don’t give a s**t. Because I don’t. I wasn’t around. I wasn’t around to see my team win their back to back flags either that you seem to think are so important. I wasn’t around to see stacks of things in footy so at the end of the day while I acknowledge that they happened at that they’re meaningful to the history of the clubs etc, they ultimately don’t matter to me or my own story as a football fan.

I’m not going to swap stories with my children about the time I looked at Wikipedia and saw the number ‘1963’ next to the word ‘Geelong’ am I. What I will do is tell them about how my youngest was a few weeks old when we beat St Kilda etc etc.

So no, in the time you and I have been
Watching football, especially me, in the time that actually counts, your team has not achieved anything like what mine has, and you can dress it up, stick your knob in it and impregnate it as much as you want little Falcon and blow your beans as many times as you like and it won’t. Change. s**t. Your team is still inferior and until they re-emerge again sometime in a few decades, that’s going to still be the case.

I live 10 hours from Geelong and don’t play bingo.

Run along little falcon and come up with something original.

So he wasn’t actually BOG in the GF and you are just making up whatever in your mind and stating it as fact yet again.

Nice dodge on the Dusty point btw. Very impressive Mr. PM

I havent dodged anything you deadbeat.

I couldn’t give a f**k about your stupid Martin argument. Fine he’s been elite every game he’s played and he’s better than Ablett, go and have a pull over him you sook.

Christ you are sad 😂😂

You’ve spent the past 2 years and 26849462748 aliases standing underneath an overpass with a placard trying to tell every motorist that drives past that ‘Geelong lost a grand final to an overweight retiree/‘

Yet I don’t see Stewart Dew’s name on the 2008 norm smith medal:

Oh what, so you’re a Liar now Falcon?

Is that you Fletcher Reed?

Yes. Hawkins won us the grand final in 2011. We trailed by 4 points at half time. He kicked 3 goals in the third quarter, he took a contested mark early in the fourth and dished off to Steve Johnson to put us 15 points up. Collingwood did not score another goal.

Check yourself into some sort of facility if this impacts you too greatly but it is, and will remain, a fact. Winning your team a game, and missing out on the medal, and not being the ‘best player’ in that match, are not mutually exclusive events.

I know it’s a lot for your molecule sized intellect to wrap itself around but that’s the way it is

There have been some pretty classy posts about Tom Hawkins from Tigers supporters this week, leading up to his 350 milestone.
Thank you - it shows maturity and class.

Then there is Falcon and his many aliases, desperately trying to denigrate TH’s career and achievements.

Classless and boring. Get a new schtik.

There have been some pretty classy posts about Tom Hawkins from Tigers supporters this week, leading up to his 350 milestone.
Thank you - it shows maturity and class.

Then there is Falcon and his many aliases, desperately trying to denigrate TH’s career and achievements.

Classless and boring. Get a new schtik.
Can you please stop the schtik of thinking other people are me. I don’t need other accounts I say what I want with this one. You are literally accusing non-Richmond folk of it as well. It’s getting ridiculous and quite frankly makes you look like a Richard.

And I don’t denigrate Hawkins career I don’t even post on his 350 game thread anymore.

I just state facts. 1 Coleman and a career high of 8 goals isn’t that impressive. Compared to Jacks 3 Coleman’s and 11 goals career high.
Hawkins has longevity though. I don’t understand why you think this statement is so outrageous. It’s literally in the books.

Can you please stop the schtik of thinking other people are me. I don’t need other accounts I say what I want with this one. You are literally accusing non-Richmond folk of it as well. It’s getting ridiculous and quite frankly makes you look like a Richard.

And I don’t denigrate Hawkins career I don’t even post on his 350 game thread anymore.

I just state facts. 1 Coleman and a career high of 8 goals isn’t that impressive. Compared to Jacks 3 Coleman’s and 11 goals career high.
Hawkins has longevity though. I don’t understand why you think this statement is so outrageous. It’s literally in the books.

Because hanging your hat on what someone did in one game a couple of times - against s**t opposition no less - is the epitome of outrageous. That’s why no one takes you seriously.

Wow good luck to him he bagged 11. Super. Achievement vs Quality. You’ve shown dozens upon dozens of times you can’t wrap your head around the concept. You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Steve Smith not hitting a triple century when Chris Gayle has two of them doesn’t make Smith an inferior batsman, essentially.

You’ve shown that you can’t fathom that a player has other responsibilities beyond merely kicking a goal. You’ve tried to argue in the past that accuracy is more important than total output and that a player with a more accurate shot at goal is more valuable than a less accurate one who physically has bigger impact on the scoreboard. You’ve shown previously that you couldn’t differentiate between a player who is forced to take all his marks contested and a player who simply doesn’t have to because he’s too good at getting away from his opponent.

The sheer volume of ways you have demonstrated that you can’t construct an argument is not easy to put into numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic. You’re not fooling anyone.

Legitimate question, you have to preface this in this thread. Do Geelong have any young tall forwards that look like they might be good, as in B+ talent, because you will need them going forward if you want to continue to stay where you are. Cameron is 31 (in 3 days), Hawkins last season. We saw first hand how important a big strong forward is with Lynch out last season.

Richmond is in the same boat, although Balta might make it as a forward yet, he's looking better each week. Lynch = Cameron.
It's only rd.3 but I feel your tall forwards might be your weak link as the season goes, and when you look at the teams up and running right now there are some very good forward combinations.

Legitimate question, you have to preface this in this thread. Do Geelong have any young tall forwards that look like they might be good, as in B+ talent, because you will need them going forward if you want to continue to stay where you are. Cameron is 31 (in 3 days), Hawkins last season. We saw first hand how important a big strong forward is with Lynch out last season.

Richmond is in the same boat, although Balta might make it as a forward yet, he's looking better each week. Lynch = Cameron.
It's only rd.3 but I feel your tall forwards might be your weak link as the season goes, and when you look at the teams up and running right now there are some very good forward combinations.

Shannon Neale is the one ‘earmarked.’

The basic premise of our forward line into the future would be Neale as it’s tall focal point with Henry and logically Dempsey as the other marking options. Mitch Knevitt is 193(?) cm but hasn’t spent much time forward in his handful of games forward so far with the likes of Miers, Stengle, Close operating around them.

What would a Geelong Dynasty best 22-23 look like? Considering flags from 07-11

We did a Richmond Dynasty team on another forum for 17-20 and I thought it looked great.

My RFC team:
FB: Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, Broad
C: Ellis, Edwards, Short
HF: Lambert, Riewoldt, Rioli
FF: Bolton, Lynch, Dusty

Fol: Nank, Cotch, Prestia

Int: Baker, Grigg, Balta, Caddy

Sub: KMac

My attempt at Geelong:
FB: Harley, Scarlett, Lonergan
HB: Mackie, Taylor, Enright
C: Corey, Bartel, Wojcinski
HF: Johnson, Hawkins, G Ablett
FF: Chapman, JPod, Stokes

Fol: Ottens, Ling, Selwood

Int: Duncan, Milburn, Kelly, Rooke

Sub: Christensen

match ups

Rance vs Hawkins
Astbury vs JPod
Grimes vs Johnson
Broad vs Ablett
Houli vs Stokes
Vlastuin vs Chapman

Ellis vs Wojcinski
Short vs Corey
Bartel vs Edwards

Rioli vs Enright
Lambert vs Mackie
Riewoldt vs Scarlett
Lynch vs Taylor
Dusty vs Harley
Bolton vs Lonergan (obviously a height match up/interchange swap here)

Nankervis vs Ottens
Cotchin vs Selwood
Prestia vs Ling

What would a Geelong Dynasty best 22-23 look like? Considering flags from 07-11

We did a Richmond Dynasty team on another forum for 17-20 and I thought it looked great.

My RFC team:
FB: Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, Broad
C: Ellis, Edwards, Short
HF: Lambert, Riewoldt, Rioli
FF: Bolton, Lynch, Dusty

Fol: Nank, Cotch, Prestia

Int: Baker, Grigg, Balta, Caddy

Sub: KMac

My attempt at Geelong:
FB: Harley, Scarlett, Lonergan
HB: Mackie, Taylor, Enright
C: Corey, Bartel, Wojcinski
HF: Johnson, Hawkins, G Ablett
FF: Chapman, JPod, Stokes

Fol: Ottens, Ling, Selwood

Int: Duncan, Milburn, Kelly, Rooke

Sub: Christensen

Shannon Neale is the one ‘earmarked.’

The basic premise of our forward line into the future would be Neale as it’s tall focal point with Henry and logically Dempsey as the other marking options. Mitch Knevitt is 193(?) cm but hasn’t spent much time forward in his handful of games forward so far with the likes of Miers, Stengle, Close operating around them.
Forgot about Henry, who is AFL quality. Good key forwards about the hardest in the league to find unless you have a nice high draft pic, in general.

It's the most obvious hole in our developing list. But we've got time with Cameron not looking like slowing down any time soon and there are a number of possible solutions.

Shannon Neale seems to be highly rated by the club. I'm not convinced although he does have nice skills. He's a bit similar to Samson Ryan although more of a key forward while I see Ryan being a ruck. With both of them their competitiveness and physicality seem to be the biggest question marks. When things are going their way they look great.

But we've got other options. Jack Henry has shown a good amount as a forward the rare times he's played there (you might remember one night in 2022 in particular). SDK played a bit there in the VFL and O'Sullivan, our first pick this year, played forward and back as a junior. We could develop one of those as a forward like Richmond have with Balta.

Then of course there's trade or free agency.

The biggest positive is we have a group of excellent small and medium forwards that are still young. O Henry plays like an undersized key forward while Stengle, Miers, Close and now Dempsey and Mannagh must be among the best group of small forwards in the league. So even with just a role player as a big key forward we'll probably be fine in the forward line. Look at Collingwood or Melbourne's recent flags and you don't need dominant tall forwards to go all the way.

It's the most obvious hole in our developing list. But we've got time with Cameron not looking like slowing down any time soon and there are a number of possible solutions.

Shannon Neale seems to be highly rated by the club. I'm not convinced although he does have nice skills. He's a bit similar to Samson Ryan although more of a key forward while I see Ryan being a ruck. With both of them their competitiveness and physicality seem to be the biggest question marks. When things are going their way they look great.

But we've got other options. Jack Henry has shown a good amount as a forward the rare times he's played there (you might remember one night in 2022 in particular). SDK played a bit there in the VFL and O'Sullivan, our first pick this year, played forward and back as a junior. We could develop one of those as a forward like Richmond have with Balta.

Then of course there's trade or free agency.

The biggest positive is we have a group of excellent small and medium forwards that are still young. O Henry plays like an undersized key forward while Stengle, Miers, Close and now Dempsey and Mannagh must be among the best group of small forwards in the league. So even with just a role player as a big key forward we'll probably be fine in the forward line. Look at Collingwood or Melbourne's recent flags and you don't need dominant tall forwards to go all the way.
Although Collingwood sort of fluked it, although Mihocek does the hard stuff. If he had a key forward to work with then they would be up and about again.

I hope Neale is not really like Ryan, who is really a bit willowy and is only going to make it as a ruck. But you certainly have a few more options than us. I guess for us Balta is a wildcard, high ceiling if he ever really gets going up forward.

We have stuff all really.

Balta is a maybe, but that depends on Young being OK, Gibcus returning from injury. Grimes is near the end and Broad not too far either. Balta may have to go back at some stage.

Kosi is clearly crap. Miller won't even be a best 22 player, depth only. Fawcett is newly drafted, been sick or injured. Bauer also largely untested, lots of time injured.

Honestly we have SFA coming through.

For the life of me I can't understand why we didn't draft JVR over Brown. Diabolical.

what I would probably say is that you don’t have to have all conquering key forwards to win a flag. But you probably do in order to win multiple, or at the very least have a REASONABLY dominant one that you can build a forward line around.

Of the four dynasty sides this century we had the weakest key forwards and during that run the combinations of Mooney/Hawkins/Podsiadly were all decent enough

I hope Neale is not really like Ryan, who is really a bit willowy and is only going to make it as a ruck. But you certainly have a few more options than us. I guess for us Balta is a wildcard, high ceiling if he ever really gets going up forward.

In some ways Neale has the athleticism of Balta but with the competitiveness of Ryan.

Neale was an elite 400m runner and when he's in position and launches at the ball he looks unreal. He's also a beautiful kick and good below his knees.

But Balta uses his amazing athleticism to compete when out of position. In the nicest way he's one of the best scrappers out there in that he matches his athleticism with a will power to compete that is super impressive.

Neale looks the opposite in that he struggles to compete when out of position. That's how he reminds me of Ryan who looks good at times and uncompetitive at times.

He's an interesting talent but not sure he'll make it and if he does I'm not convinced he'll end up a key forward rather than a mobile ruck or even a tall winger and 2nd ruck.

We have stuff all really.

Balta is a maybe, but that depends on Young being OK, Gibcus returning from injury. Grimes is near the end and Broad not too far either. Balta may have to go back at some stage.

Kosi is clearly crap. Miller won't even be a best 22 player, depth only. Fawcett is newly drafted, been sick or injured. Bauer also largely untested, lots of time injured.

Honestly we have SFA coming through.

For the life of me I can't understand why we didn't draft JVR over Brown. Diabolical.
I think a tad harsh on a few.
Young is going fine, a real lock down defender with a good boot. Has a great defensive record in a very short time.
Miller was our best backman last week, has been stuffed around all his career, made to play forward, which he isn't. We will see.

As far as forwards though I agree.

Back