Preview Geelong vs Bulldogs, Friday 18 June GMHBA @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised how many are considering Miers a walk up starter when he's ready.

His form before being injured was super average and to be honest we've looked a lot better without him getting cheapies between wing and half back and holding the ball up for too long.

Would prefer him to Dalhaus as a forward only but would prefer Evans over both of them.

Probably because there's only 4 guys averaging a goal a game this season and he's been averaging a goal a game since his debut in 2019

Hopefully we our midfield looking better, guys like Smith providing link and run options further up the ground it means we can keep Miers closer to goal

But when you've got a small forward averaging a goal a game, you tend to keep them in the team

I wonder what number makes it worthwhile. Id say less than 50% is almost not worth while. How many stands open. The cost of staff. Its Wed. They have two days.
Brian Cook said no crowd would result in a loss of between $500K and $800k, I think I read. A crowd of 7000 is about 20-25% of capacity so net loss of at least $400K -$600K

Brian Cook said no crowd would result in a loss of between $500K and $800k, I think I read. A crowd of 7000 is about 20-25% of capacity so net loss of at least $400K -$600K

I have doubts it directly relates in a linear way. How much does it cost them to open the venue? Do they bring along all the high end boxes?. Do they satisfy sponsors? Where do the loses come from? Food sales? How many people demand money back. I have four seats .. whats that 120 dollars? The projected losses last year were well in excess of the eventual outcomes.

Perhaps all the people sitting in the Reg Hickey stand gets a ticket then it looks better on TV

7000 isn't even worth doing really. It's utterly insane that this region hasn't had a case all year, but still get these ridiculous restrictions. 50% should have been the number.
7,000 today, and maybe on Friday it will increase to 10,000. 7,000 is infinitely better than no crowd

I have doubts it directly relates in a linear way. How much does it cost them to open the venue? Do they bring along all the high end boxes?. Do they satisfy sponsors? Where do the loses come from? Food sales? How many people demand money back. I have four seats .. whats that 120 dollars? The projected losses last year were well in excess of the eventual outcomes.

Perhaps all the people sitting in the Reg Hickey stand gets a ticket then it looks better on TV
Cook said the variance in loss depended on whether fans asked for refunds

7000 isn't even worth doing really. It's utterly insane that this region hasn't had a case all year, but still get these ridiculous restrictions. 50% should have been the number.
We had less then 7000 up here at games in Brisbane Last year. It can still generate surprisingly a lot of crowd noise. Especially if all the fans are grouped together like They were up here.

In a way it's worse than none. If some get tickets and other do not.... thats hard on the people who do not get to go but who have paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt they allow 7000 people to be spread all over the ground. My guess is that TV rights will come into play and the AFL will request that the first in for 7000 seats get grouped in the main periphery of the TV cameras - ie; centre wing on the Moorabool Street side -- round to either goal square to create the impression that there's actually more than 7000 in there. The AFL will prioritise the best way to promote the "product". Geelong will have very little say.

I doubt they allow 7000 people to be spread all over the ground. My guess is that TV rights will come into play and the AFL will request that the first in for 7000 seats get grouped in the main periphery of the TV cameras - ie; centre wing on the Moorabool Street side -- round to either goal square to create the impression that there's actually more than 7000 in there. The AFL will prioritise the best way to promote the "product". Geelong will have very little say.

Just like at the G with all the closed stands.

But it's all about 'social distancing'....

As a foward cos we were a tall foward short. not as a starting ruck.

explain why Scott went and got Cameron? How is Rohan’s form looking now that we have another tall so rohan becomes the third tall.

explain why richmond fans were so happy when we didn’t pick esava. Their big weakness was a tall contested marking foward. It lost them the 2018 premiership and could of lost them the 2020 premiership if we just tried it.

chris Scott is ruining savs career not playing him permanently foward.
He can't kick the ball through the sticks. Thats an issue for a permanent forward. And thats ignoring how you fit Rohan/Hawn/JC and Esava in forward line full time.

They seem reluctant to move Blicavs back though, if they wouldn't do it against the monster forwards like King and Dixon I doubt they do it this week. As for the ruck situation, as inconsistent and at times frustrating as Stanley can be, he has Ratugolea covered in every aspect, buggered if I can understand the reasoning behind him not being selected.

Essentially Esava can get a lot better as a ruck forward, Stanley has peaked. Esava's impact is bigger than his numbers suggest, but not so much bigger that Stanleys far superior stats don't present a strong argument. Like you i find it a bit tough to understand

Last edited:
Essentially Esava can get a lot better as a ruck forward, Stanley has peaked. Esava's impact is bigger than his numbers suggest, but not so much bigger that Stanleys far superior stats don't present a strong argument. Like you its a bit tough to understand
If we weren't a challenger this year you go Sav, but we are therefore Stanley remains firmly in the frame,better tap ruck better shot for goal and right now given Savs confidence a better contested mark.I think Savs taken one contested grab in the last 2 games.

If we weren't a challenger this year you go Sav, but we are therefore Stanley remains firmly in the frame,better tap ruck better shot for goal and right now given Savs confidence a better contested mark.I think Savs taken one contested grab in the last 2 games.

Personally i think Fort is a better overall player than both and he cant even get a game, must be a s**t car washer!!!

Due to the difficulty of this weeks selections I have it on good authority that this weeks meat tray has been replaced with a seafood platter.

I think one of the things that has hurt us (and other clubs), is the disruption to VFL footy over the past year.
Pretty difficult to find a form line.

So....

Miers to VFL this week.

In: Guthrie
Out: Higgins

And that's it. I could get creative and suggest Stanley in, Blicavs down back, and kolo out. But I can't see the club doing it.
* and I like southern rock lobster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back