Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

i started barracking for Geelong in 1963, the year we got TV out on the farm. Turned out to be a good decision that year, but a s**t one for the next 44.

Fast forward to the 21st century and Saturday and I have seen four premierships, two Brownlow medalists and countless other accolades for our club and players.

I feel nothing but pride in how our club has gone about not only building premiership teams but also an envious reputation in its community. The win/loss ratio of the Scott era has meant a lot of very enjoyable AFL seasons and now the dominance of a final series in an otherwise close competition.

The future is bright as a destination club for the many talented athletes who come from Geelong and district, as a regular premiership contenter and a factory of future father/son picks. Go Cats!
Only two brownlow medalists? Which ones did you miss? Ive seen 4.

Legendary. Cheers mate.

Bloody hell this is so much better than channel 7. How do TV broadcasters not realise this?
Sadly, TV (Ch7 moreso than Fox) is purely centred on footy being entertainment, rather than sport. That's why I was so mad the AFL went with 7 again in 2025. They give zero shits about the footy.

The radio coverage (outside of MMM, although ironically when JB and BT do saturday arvos it's still bloody good) is leagues above what Ch7 does, because the radio focusses on calling the footy and providing analysis, whereas Ch7 are just going through the motions, rolling from ad break to ad break.

I remember the first game Luke Hodge did, he tried to provide some analysis on a play and BT just shut him down (no doubt it was a producer doing that in his ear). Daisy and Hodgy are wasted there. Hopefully she comes coach for us in when the AFLW season finishes.

Shocked they delisted Nick Stevens. I liked him a lot. Size, speed, toughness, not unlike Holmes but taller.

Someone in the industry commented that the viewers see tv/radio as entertainment interrupted by adverts whereas the companies themselves see it as adverts interrupted by entertainment
For FTA this is 100% the case. Thankfully most of the radio stations hide it a bit better through their coverage.

Too bad King says a lot of dumb s**t because he's a great analyst.

Thanks for this, so good.
The sort of coverage that should have accompanied the broadcast where seven and the AFL failed abysmally.
Fox also had nothing interesting or incisive after the game. So sick of their self interested jocular big heads anyway.
Well done King and SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back