Geelongs salary cap - Does it need questioning?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton bring in 2 half back flankers. Pay them over 1 and 1/2 million combined, then complain about other clubs salaries.

I want to feel sorry for Carlton etc, but they just keep doing it to themselves.

The list managers are soft touches.

If a bloke says he wants $750k or he walks, let him walk. Make some other club be the schlub to pick up the tab

I want to feel sorry for Carlton etc, but they just keep doing it to themselves.

The list managers are soft touches.

If a bloke says he wants $750k or he walks, let him walk. Make some other club be the schlub to pick up the tab
It has to be the pressure from the fans and board to get results. So they pay overs on the bottom line to get these guys across rather then players wanted to come to win a flag. Look at the way Brisbane have been able to get the big tickets of late. Not by paying overs but by being an attractive destination.

Every single person knows the example I’m talking about in regards to a certain Irish Person and his amazing new house in Geelong. Don’t be cheeky and pretend otherwise
ah so you're just lying about it then

Every single person knows the example I’m talking about in regards to a certain Irish Person and his amazing new house in Geelong. Don’t be cheeky and pretend otherwise

I know this is a troll account, but there's a certain irony about Eagles fans talking about players getting "new houses"

Wow, a dude getting paid hundreds of thousands a year for a decade can buy a nice house. Crazy.

If every single person knows about it (I don’t!) then the AFL must as well. Why haven’t they said or done anything?

For the same reason Gills answer to why Beams got paid outside the salary cap was “I don’t know”.

Easier to turn a blind eye or give a tap on the wrist then to tackle a problem head on. We saw what happened in the NRL when the Storm got done for example

For the same reason Gills answer to why Beams got paid outside the salary cap was “I don’t know”.

Easier to turn a blind eye or give a tap on the wrist then to tackle a problem head on. We saw what happened in the NRL when the Storm got done for example
Collingwood was given an exemption to pay Beams outside the salary cap because of the "mental health" aspect. This has nothing to do with the Irishman at Geelong and the multi-million dollar house scenario that nobody other than you in the West seems to know anything about

Collingwood was given an exemption to pay Beams outside the salary cap because of the "mental health" aspect. This has nothing to do with the Irishman at Geelong and the multi-million dollar house scenario that nobody other than you in the West seems to know anything about

Not true at all. This is why Gil said he doesn’t know. It didn’t fall into that category

I just think it is utterly remarkably how good their fitness and conditioning program is.

So many players aged 30+ and all firing fit, and in some cases in career best form late at a time when players at other clubs are starting to decline

Not just that, but their players just look unnaturally bigger and faster than players at other clubs (i think the hoops create a weird visual effect or something)...

Oh, and all this in a Covid year with a shorter offseason and less recovery time.

Amazingly, Geelong have both the most 30 year olds ever to play in a match, and the shortest injury list in the competition.

Truly remarkable really - must be something in that country air, or in the water perhaps
Or maybe they just intentionally play a game style that means they don't have to run a hard, like they kick it around the backline for 75% of a match. I dunno, might explain it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not true at all. This is why Gil said he doesn’t know. It didn’t fall into that category

This is what Gil said on 3AW (that's a radio station in AFL Land.)

“I don’t have any detail around that,” the AFL boss told 3AW.

“There may be exemptions or specific reasons or things that sit outside the cap. There are some exemptions. Like, injury allowances are part of … there is a cap, then there’s an overflow for injury allowances and injury payments, so maybe something happened there."

The point is we are all talking about the Beams scenario. Nobody other than you has raised the "Irishman at Geelong" scenario

Apparently Dangerfield will take a paycut to accomodate them. His rookie scale contract is more than fair value
He's now got his multi million dollar house at Moggs Creek

Zach Merrett and Sean Darcy will complement our midfield nicely once we get them in next year. Clearing Jenkins' salary should do the trick for those two.
Psst, we aren’t paying JJ’s salary. Adelaide is

We're stealing the Crow's salary cap now as well? Unethical.

Not just the Crows, think you'll find that North is still paying part of Higgins salary - maybe the explains why on occasions he looks like he's still playing for them...

Stop being so defensive guys...I said I retract my earlier comment.

* Dean Robinson sources drug from Stephen Dank. Nothing to see here...move along 👍
Sources fully approved wada drug used across the world to heal hamstring injuries that was previously prescribed to a Geelong player from a world famous sports doctor.

i.e. This was not some drug that Robinson or dank thought up.

I wish we were allowed to be as obvious about it as everyone else. If we were then Judd would have played his career out at the Eagles

hahaha, Judd couldn't run fast enough or far enough from your club which was drug addled at the time. As much as I don't personally like the smarmy prick, he seems to have done ok for himself back home in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back