No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows might come top 4 potentially looking at their run home, but I'm adamant all they'll be doing is making up the numbers, simply can't see them beating Geelong or Collingwood at the MCG.

If they play at their best and get on a run they could beat both. (Big if).

The have a good mature spine (Talia, Keath/Hartigan, Sloane, Tex, Jenkins), strong midfield/Rucks (Sloane, Crouch x 2, Atkins, Gibbs, Greenwood...Sauce/ROB), and good support players (Laird, Lynch, Smith, Douglas, Betts etc).

Would need a good run and to hit form at the right time (Bulldogs style) - capable but unlikely.

Still, would be better than Geelong winning it...

...and I would thoroughly enjoy Geelong shitting the bed again in September and coming away with SFA from here.

Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, West Coast and even Richmond if they get players back are more likely to win the flag than Adelaide. They don't have the mental hardness and too many of their players like Betts are shadows of themselves away from Adelaide Oval. If they finish 4th whoever ends up on top get a free Prelim berth.

....and as I've said before, Geelong will s**t the bed. The modern AFL season is far too grueling for any team to be 'up' for 25 weeks, and players struggle to carry the weight of being favorites for an entire year. Especially in a small town like Geelong where people don't have a lot else to talk about.

So your thoughts on hodge kissing buddy
My thoughts were Hodge was rubbing it in that Buddy was about to lose a Premiership to the team he left, after publicly declaring he was moving to Sydney to win more flags.......

Certainly not fawning over him like Stack to Betts.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they play at their best and get on a run they could beat both. (Big if).

The have a good mature spine (Talia, Keath/Hartigan, Sloane, Tex, Jenkins), strong midfield/Rucks (Sloane, Crouch x 2, Atkins, Gibbs, Greenwood...Sauce/ROB), and good support players (Laird, Lynch, Smith, Douglas, Betts etc).
huh?

My thoughts were Hodge was rubbing it in that Buddy was about to lose a Premiership to the team he left, after publicly declaring he was moving to Sydney to win more flags.......

Certainly not fawning over him like Stack to Betts.......

I knew you would find a way to justify it. Hodge “rubbing buddy’s nose in it” is okay cause he said he was leaving for more premierships, but it’s called “Fawning over” when stack acknowledges the “old man” did indeed kick a special goal on him when he said he wouldn’t - * me. Stacks competitive edge would of been back in place at the very next bounce.

There’s been two very different types of sportsmanship on display this round and I know which example of play I would like my kids to emulate when playing sport

Last edited:
Really?

Can you imagine Hodge, Mitchell or Lewis ever going to their opponents and congratulating them for kicking a great goal on them?

I know what you mean, but I see it as a non issue. Sometimes an opponent can do something so well that you just have to admire it. I see it more as a spur of the moment thing that a player wouldn't do very often. If he was doing it every week, then maybe I'd ask the question.

The Hodge kiss on Buddy incident isn't a great comparison as Hawthorn had pretty much already won the game when it happened. I'm sure if Richmond had been 5 goals up when the Stack/Betts thing happened then it wouldn't even rate a mention. I think it's the fact they were losing that makes it "look bad".

Personally I don't have any issue with what Stack did. He wasn't celebrating Bett's goal with him. He was simply respectfully acknowledging that Betts just got one over him after a night of bantering about how he wouldn't do what he just did. Was a nice display of sportsmanship and respect for a childhood idol of his.

I knew you would find a way to justify it. Hodge “rubbing buddy’s nose in it” is okay cause he said he was leaving for more premierships, but it’s called “Fawning over” when stack acknowledges the “old man” did indeed kick a special goal on him when he said he wouldn’t - **** me. Stacks competitive edge would of been back in place at the very next bounce.

There’s been two very different types of sportsmanship on display this round and I know which example of play I would like my kids to emulate when playing sport
Hodge and Stack did 2 completely different things

I didn’t have an issue with what Stack did

I gave my thoughts on how I interpreted Hodge kissing Buddy as it was a question you asked another poster, as if somehow trying to compare the 2 incidents

(You do realise you asked someone else, not me, as your opening remarks say different)

Stratton needs a kick up the ass at the very least (I’d drop him for a week myself) as that sh*t is unsportsmanlike in my book

So I’d also like to see more of the Stack situation happen in professional sport, while Stratton needs a clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back