Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the time that Gary Ablett got off even though he nailed someone with a flying elbow? Then did it again the next week?

Probably the only example I can think of where the AFL haven't nailed a repeat offender.

Does anyone remember the time that Gary Ablett got off even though he nailed someone with a flying elbow? Then did it again the next week?

Probably the only example I can think of where the AFL haven't nailed a repeat offender.
"Gotta look after f%*ken Gaz."

How many shots does a club get at this. He is found guilty, cops 1 match. They take it to the tribunal, they uphold the 1 match suspension. And now they are looking at an appeal? How many shots do they get?

Whilst on appeals, this is not a troll at Geelong, it could be any club doing this. Hawkins obviously makes deliberate head high contact and cops a week. Then in come Geelong and appeal, it fails and costs them $10,000. What gets up my nose is the appeal was frivolous in every way, shape and form. There is no way that decision was going to be changed, so in effect Geelong have just thrown away $10,000.

Now, if I was a paid up member of Geelong, I'd be thinking if the club is keen to waste $10,000 for no real reason, then maybe they don't need me paying my hard earned cash for club membership. As I said, not a go at Geelong, but I'd be mighty annoyed if the Hawks did it.

Best think of it like a court. The MRO is like the prosecutor offering a deal without going to court. Most take it. The tribunal is like court - You go there if you don’t like the deal offered.
The appeal (like Toby this week) follows from there.

And he got off based on his good record!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wondered if Clarko was in Sydney to approach Grundy about being our defensive coach in place of Glass.

Many of the Crows folks that I know would've put up with Pyke staying if they got rid of the Birdman. Mission not yet accomplished for those.

Also - If Tobe loses his appeal, wonder if he'll take it to the human rights tribunal?

I wondered if Clarko was in Sydney to approach Grundy about being our defensive coach in place of Glass.

I like it. Grundy is the only reason we didn’t rack up a 100+ margin in the 2014 granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back