Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree entirely.

i‘m not sure why people get their knickers in a knot about Cornes, just because he says something that offends us. Generally, I like his comments, he knows the game and isn’t afraid to have a crack.
i took his comment about investigating Hawthorn regarding the recruitment of Scully as a huge compliment - because it was an admission that we scored a bullseye.

I’m far more offended by the fool Robbo who can’t write a legible line or stumble through a coherent sentence or by Gerard Healy (yes him) because he’s got sores on his bum for sitting on the fence for 50 years and has never been brave enough to stick his neck out with an opinionated statement for fear of being criticised or attracting the ire of the AFL power brokers.
amen

Care to elaborate because I'm calling bullshit.

I know of one case with a particular player from SA but that was it.

Of course we resorted to sharp practice.
Darren Jarman‘s wife was “employed” by the social club as I recall. My understanding is that the only time she was there was to pick up her pay cheque. I may be wrong but it was always a standing joke.

You’re kidding yourself if you think we were as pure as the driven snow.

Of course we resorted to sharp practice.
Darren Jarman‘s wife was “employed” by the social club as I recall. My understanding is that the only time she was there was to pick up her pay cheque. I may be wrong but it was always a standing joke.

You’re kidding yourself if you think we were as pure as the driven snow.
Didnt footballers also have jobs back then some more real than others ?

Well back then I was in my second year as a carpentry apprentice under my old man. A particular company we were doing work for had a couple of labourers D. Jarman and M. Robran. As a young Hawks fan I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Did the actually pick up a spade??

Well back then I was in my second year as a carpentry apprentice under my old man. A particular company we were doing work for had a couple of labourers D. Jarman and M. Robran. As a young Hawks fan I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
I vaguely remember Jarman working for Box Hill Council too ...Planting trees ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious if anyone knows, our preseason game v st.kilda down at Moorabbin, everyone I have spoken to seems to be going.. like every man and his dog. Do we have to buy tickets for these games or just rock up because that joint is gonna fill up
Its to raise money for Bushfire so I imagine money will change hands somewhere

I remember a day a couple of friends and I came across D. Jarman on a ride on mower cutting the verge in front of Box Hill city oval. He took off as soon as he realised we knew who he was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back