No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness me Brad Hill is Soft and lazy

Anytime he goes near a contest he goes to water

I can't understand why a player that benefits so much from big grounds like the MCG and Optus Stadium would decide to go to a team that plays their home games at Marvel.

They grow on trees hey mate - people should lay off him and realize maybe it's the club he's at. Not sure even Ratts and Roughie can turn that joint around, but give them some time.

People need to just remember that this guy was elite at 22 at what he does - not everyone can be or should be an enforcer - he used to dance out of trouble with tinkle toes, instead of needing to take the hits.
Britney.gif
So he's just a frontrunner now?
What ever he is, he is playing very poorly for someone with the talent he has previously shown.

I remember copping a fair bit of flak on here and on reddit when I wrote that it should be at least a 28 day layoff for head related/concussive injuries a year back or so. More research is being done specifically on footballers and now a study done by a senior Neuroscientist from the Sports Brain Bank has found that as much as 80% of retired footballers experience symptoms of ABI's/brain damage.
He's now calling out the 12 day virtue signal from the AFL for what it is which is great imo.
30 days allows the brain to actually reduce inflammation and repair a lot of the micro-damage that occurs post concussion/head knock.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...RdSPClQuxAZmuVfsv_hkikZgNDBCAaSGyHFn5dGI7d9_8
(behind a pay wall and I apologise- good thing about being at uni is we get free access to this kind of thing).

It took us a while but check the 3rd qtr against us. I wish I could project what I saw at the MCG. We were so well setup for the tigers. Our back 6 working like a boss. Its a pity Will day went down. Everyone knows the brand they play. Its a matter of stopping them and scoring yourself. They won't beat you with skill
That's why teams like Port trouble them. They have the skills and can counteract Richmond game plan. Experience in finals probably cost Port GF berth last season.
Port team to beat for flag I reckon.

Last edited:
l
That's why teams like Port trouble them. They have the skills and can counteract Richmond game plan. Experience in finals probably cost Port GF berth last season.
Port team to beat for flag I reckon.

Agree. Some nasty injuries look like derailing them for a couple of months atm.

Last edited:
Agree. Nasty but some nasty injuries look like derailing them for a couple of months atm.
Be a real test for them in coming months. Get through relatively unscathed and they'll be a bloody big chance.

This is why I value the 2014 flag. Injuries, coach illness, B2B, vs the greatest team of the century.

The sheer ferocity, endeavour, skill, courage our players showed that year and in particular that day was as close to the perfect game you could get.

Lists and organisations win flags.

At the end of last season it was amazing recruiting and list managment .........
Yep, and now there’s stories of players being asked to take longer term deals for less money to help with the cap.

Goodness me Brad Hill is Soft and lazy

Anytime he goes near a contest he goes to water
He was like that with us too but people didn't want to see it.

He got away with it because most of our other players were pretty tough when he was with us so he largely got away with it.

Perfect player for the type of team we had back then would be useless for us now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how much truth there is to the rumors that Saints salary cap is in the same position that the Pies was 12 months ago.

They’re spending a lot for not much output.

Keeping King, Steele, Billings, Gresham, the recent arrivals (Jones, Crouch, Butler, Higgins), Marshall and Clark would be priorities.

I reckon Hanners is a goner. They will probably lose Ross (trade?), Frawley, Ryder and Carslisle. They could make up some room there.

Keeping King, Steele, Billings, Gresham, the recent arrivals (Jones, Crouch, Butler, Higgins), Marshall and Clark would be priorities.

I reckon Hanners is a goner. They will probably lose Ross (trade?), Frawley, Ryder and Carslisle. They could make up some room there.
didnt Hanners get 5 years ?,,,how many has he got left ???

Chip and Carlisle will need to be replaced
Did Ryder get 2 ?

Poor start for the Saints given they won a final last season, it isn't the worry of being 2-3 it's the manner of the defeats and the fact they have a percentage of 71.,

As for tonight's game, the Eagles have some serious outs in Yeo, Shuey, Hurn and Ryan, wonder if the pies can push them.

Locking the Patton thread on a forum is strange but mods do what they deem appropriate.
All I want to say is I’m disappointed with the club for the soft way they have dealt with this saga , albeit the minority.
Retiring 😳.....yeah ok..lets Go with that, even though it needed to be stronger.

Soft in my tiny opinion

Locking the Patton thread on a forum is strange but mods do what they deem appropriate.
All I want to say is I’m disappointed with the club for the soft way they have dealt with this saga , albeit the minority.
Retiring 😳.....yeah ok..lets Go with that, even though it needed to be stronger.

Soft in my tiny opinion
Agree but as soon as he played the mental health card I think the club was forced to take the soft approach. That ends this dirty saga.

Soft in my tiny opinion
Q. What would 'hard' look like? (serious question)

A. Something in his piks? (frivolous answer)

Agree but as soon as he played the mental health card I think the club was forced to take the soft approach. That ends this dirty saga.
How about this... let’s put the whole Jon Patton era in a box, throw it in the ocean, let that b**ch sink all the way to the bottom and NEVER ever ever ever ever talk about it again 🤷🏽‍♂️

Soft in my tiny opinion

What did you want from the club?

Think the pies are a sneaky chance tonight.

Historically they have been very good when they are under the pump and travel interstate.

Seems to suit their club mentality of everyone out to get them and galvanised their playing group.

Poor start for the Saints given they won a final last season, it isn't the worry of being 2-3 it's the manner of the defeats and the fact they have a percentage of 71.,

As for tonight's game, the Eagles have some serious outs in Yeo, Shuey, Hurn and Ryan, wonder if the pies can push them.

That percentage is almost another loss.

I have a feeling Pies will take it right up to them. I'm desperate for WC to stay above the tigers, they're one team I fancy to beat Richmond in a final (at home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back