No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sam Edmund went on SEN today and said Chol to Essendon was done.
Herald Sun reporting Essendon have no interest and Chol will move to the Gold Coast.
It's called the silly season for a reason.

A year or two ago I tried to keep a spreadsheet of claims made by reporters, who made it, when they made it and whether it ended up happening or not, but there were just so many darts thrown at the pinboard I couldn't keep them straight.

This year might be a good year to try again?

A year or two ago I tried to keep a spreadsheet of claims made by reporters, who made it, when they made it and whether it ended up happening or not, but there were just so many darts thrown at the pinboard I couldn't keep them straight.

Please do - this is excellent

Please do - this is excellent

The only learnings I got from it last time was that Mitch Cleary had the best strike rate for a bloke who made multiple predictions, and that the predictions were less likely to be correct if it was an ex player making them.

A number of misses in there but all in all there’s a lot right in there.

Looking at that the bit where they get into trouble is some of the headlines where a move might be possible or the player/team is looking at a trade and they report it as definitely happening.

A number of misses in there but all in all there’s a lot right in there.

Looking at that the bit where they get into trouble is some of the headlines where a move might be possible or the player/team is looking at a trade and they report it as definitely happening.

They got roughly 56 right, 44 wrong percent wise. It's missing a lot too.

It is from Tom Browne, but he's reporting that Jeremy Finlayson has done a medical with Port

In other words, finlayson went to buy some port after a physio appointment... that's how aflmedia whispers work
Of all the drinks to drown your sorrows with following a humiliating semi final loss, Port is an interesting choice

They got roughly 56 right, 44 wrong percent wise. It's missing a lot too.
Definitely some misses but 56% right to me that’s pretty good. Especially when a lot of the other reports had a good chance at happening just didn’t pan out for one reason or another.

Them being so sensationalist about it gets me and probably a lot offside. But often they do have at least a whisper or two about whats happening.

Like Daniher to Sydney and Papley to Carlton was a done thing until Dodo put a stop to it.

i know we shouldn't be posting facebook rumours but i saw this come up and thought it was really funny. There are Tiggies supporters in the comments convinced they can get pick 1 for him as long as they package up pick 7 with CCJ. And they want 20 in return. LOL

View attachment 1236309

Pick 1 😬 Who is this and how many games have they played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely some misses but 56% right to me that’s pretty good. Especially when a lot of the other reports had a good chance at happening just didn’t pan out for one reason or another.

Them being so sensationalist about it gets me and probably a lot offside. But often they do have at least a whisper or two about whats happening.

Like Daniher to Sydney and Papley to Carlton was a done thing until Dodo put a stop to it.

Of course the reality is, the majority of our 'AFL media' representatives are predominately just content creators, who at the end of the day couldn't care less regarding outcomes of their speculative reports/claims..!
Most are paid to create a headline/story/narrative simply to promote further discussion/debate/outrage and often false outcomes are far more 'successful' in relation to this objective...

Last edited:
Were they ever otherwise? 🤪
To be honest, I preferred them when they were an underachieving, hubris filled club as their failures made their supporters far funnier.

i know we shouldn't be posting facebook rumours but i saw this come up and thought it was really funny. There are Tiggies supporters in the comments convinced they can get pick 1 for him as long as they package up pick 7 with CCJ. And they want 20 in return. LOL

View attachment 1236309

I guess the Tiggies supporters forgot about the PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back