No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That‘s one of many inconsistencies coming out of this week?
My information is that the discussions between Clarkson’s side and the Essendon board (last Friday, not merely an overture earlier this week) was far more more serious and advanced than indicated in today’s press conference.

As well (given that Clarkson said he didn‘t want to hang Rutten out to dry) and because he apparently never gave Essendon any “serious consideration”, why did he then keep Essendon on the hook until mid-Friday and put the man he respects, Truck, in such a vulnerable position. It would have been very easy for Clarkson to say early in the week that Essendon is not an option - exactly as he did with GWS. There’s an obvious reason why he didn’t do that.

Perhap’s Clarkson’s hiding behind things that his manager has done rather than himself personally. That’s been going on since Jesus was in short pants …. “I have never spoken to xxxxx Club”.
Everyone is letting Essendon off very easy blaming Clarkson.

This screw up is 100% Essendons making.

Clarko does not owe Essendon or Rutten or anyone else a thing.

Patrick Ryder has announced his retirement from the footballing world. Congratulations on a good career.

Last edited:
Would have loved him at our club. Gun player on his day and very fun to watch.
At the peak of his powers, he was almost unstoppable. He has made the role of an athletic, versatile ruckman commonplace in the AFL. Too bad he stopped Sir William Day, Duke of Hawthorne, from having a breakout year. Congrats to Paddy on a good career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone said that s**t to me about my sister I don't think I'd be able to control myself as well as Petty seemed to.
Aside from copping nonsense abuse myself (rooted your Mum/sister etc.) during my playing days, a related but far more despicable event which involved a good mate who was playing in a country league at the time.
Jacko tragically had recently lost his 18yo younger sister in an horrific car accident that also claimed 2 other young lives. Shortly after, playing their bitter rivals in the league, with play on wing the ball goes over the boundary line, when some bloke in the crowd yells:
"Hey Jacko, guess you're back to wanking with your sister no longer around..!"

According to him the scenes that followed thereafter were utter chaos! Jacko just stood motionless in disbelief, while 3 team mates, an opposition player and a nearby trainer jumped the fence to pursue this moron, who took off, the game stopped, then someone tripped him up and the cops grabbed him, mainly for his own protection. The bloke in question was a well known violent drunk, petty criminal and despised by most in the community.

To summarise, the outcome was this imbecile was then forced to write a public apology which was published in the local gazette and as a consequence he also lost his job - end of story, not quite.
About a month later the same moron had a nasty 'accident' where he fell down the stairs in local pub 'twice'. From his hospital bed, he then made a ludicrous claim to police that he was bashed by a group of thugs wearing ski masks..? One of the cops also happened to be the father of one of Jacko's young team mates and so tongue-in-cheek assured the victim - 'he'll look into it...'
Then at footy training a few nights later the copper's son advises Jacko; "Dad assumes you and the boys no longer have those masks?'...

Last edited:
I wonder if clarkson has asked to be released from his contract.

That said, West Coast appear to be trying to out-tank north. Not even trying to contest marks in defense.

so if Geelong are serious today, they will beat West Coast by at least 75 points, right?
Minimum . Hopefully they get another cruisy game , no pressure and win by a large margin .

Then go into finals without any decent match competition for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back