No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

North were given an absolute free ride in the first quarter, apart from that they have played really poorly. You don't have a right to complain for being called for a throw if you threw it.
Ok. I admit I only saw the 2nd quarter and 3rd quarters. Maybe they were compensating for the 1st quarter.

I see it being discussed in here, so may as well share what I know.

Goal umpires have been directed to review as much as possible this year, because they don't want a repeat of the Adelaide post debacle from last season.

They don't want to, but it's AFL orders.

So next time you see a pointless score review just remember it's likely the goal umpire didn't want to review it either.

Pink, Tucker, Dawson, Fisher, McDonald, Xerri, CCJ, Stephens, Lazzaro, Stephenson.

I'm confident all of them would not get a game for us.

In saying that Wardlaw, McKercher, Sheezel, Duursma look the goods. Safe to say they will be elite. Along with LDU, Simpkin and Larkey and Powell are carrying this team.
Xerri has been in their best three weeks running.
Pink, Tucker, Dawson, Fisher, McDonald, Xerri, CCJ, Stephens, Lazzaro, Stephenson.

I'm confident all of them would not get a game for us.

In saying that Wardlaw, McKercher, Sheezel, Duursma look the goods. Safe to say they will be elite. Along with LDU, Simpkin and Larkey and Powell are carrying this team.
Xerri has been named in their best for the last two or three weeks. Our ruck just got dropped. I reckon Xerri would be in our team.

Media ripping us, but what is Adelaide's excuse?

Nicks is trash
Richmond are going to be 0 - 4 as well before we play on Monday. Brisbane have lost 2 home games and are 0 - 3 yet the media is worried about us over possessing the footy and that other clown is still referring to us letting Tom Mitchell go.

The thing about the score reviews is....we are told, by Hodgey the other day, and many before him...'each goal is reviewed automatically.'
So.....why do we need the poor umpires to call for review? Why don't we just use the video and 'edge' to sort it out every time.

Personally, I enjoy the theater of the review and would keep the umpires there. But if people are getting salty about it....what's the point?

You're being a little harsh. For a start Xerri would be our best ruck by a margin. Meek dreams of putting in the performances Xerri has this season.

McDonald, Stephenson, Fisher and Stephens are role players. McDonald is a good defender. Stephenson kicked 26 goals last season, which would have been our third highest goal kicker last season. Having said that if you asked me if I'd want them playing for us I'd say no, with Stephens being the only maybe (maybe some untapped potential there).
Xerri needs to stop trying to take everything out of the ruck. It affects how the midfield play if your throwing a spanner in the works every stoppage. It's probably a set play but teams will set up accordingly for it if you keep doing it. Grundy and Gawn do it but generally every now and than to break up predictability if the team has momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runour was doing the rounds before the story broke though. Must be something pretty close to what's been reported that took place.

If he has something then substantiate it but tbh, even then it’s still a nothing story. People play up on their partners all the time - that’s the reality

It is though a nice way for the AFL to take the joke around drug testing out of the news

Have we not considerd that this behavious has been going on previously.
What was everyone suggesting when Clayton Oliver had a hammy that just wouldn't repair?

There was talk of Buddy back in the day when he too had a hammy that went on for weeks more than anticipated?

Remember when he was coming back from a six or so week mysterious injury. We may have been playing Brisbane at the MCG. Pretty pumped to see him back in the side and then the announcement was made about one hour before the game (might have been during a Clarkson interview) that he was out again. A real letdown. Was certain all those mysterious injuries were drug related at the time though.

Xerri needs to stop trying to take everything out of the ruck. It affects how the midfield play if your throwing a spanner in the works every stoppage. It's probably a set play but teams will set up accordingly for it if you keep doing it. Grundy and Gawn do it but generally every now and than to break up predictability if the team has momentum.
I agree, Xerri has had a pretty good season to date but last week when Freo came back it was almost all off the back of his direct opponent and his * ups.

The Melbourne club doctor has said one third of the playing group don't take drugs, 1 third take drugs occasionally, and one third take drugs regularly.

That's some very well rounded ratios. What happens if they get a new player?
"Do you take drugs"
"no"
"Sorry, we don't have any slots open in that category, you're going to have to do coke every day."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back