No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

This article speaks in euphemisms and otherwise unclear wording, but it appears that four Freo players have committed suicide in the last six years. It's tough in the world, and the wild footy lifestyle makes life all the much harder, it seems.
I believe there are unspoken rules regarding to the reporting of suicide.
I was livid when an AFLW player suicided a few years ago and they didn't report it as such give at the time there was a belief that the suicide came about during a period of more open bigotry towards AFLW/LGBTQIA+ dialogue and the report didn't mention anything about suicide.
Someone explained to me that they seek to avoid doing so due to the propensity for those kinds of reports to correlate with more people suiciding especially if they have similar experiences to the person reported as suiciding. It can also be exceptionally triggering for friends/family of the person who died.

The car crash involved his best friend hitting his car when he unexpectedly turned.
I think you’ll find it was the other way around, according to some reports.

Sylvia was driving at high speed, came over the crest, sun in his eyes & hit his mates car who was stationary preparing to turn right

not sure I'm cool enough for a $300 reversible Hawks jacket, maybe someone here is though...

Yeah I’m not remotely as suave as Jars so wouldn’t be able to pull off that look.

What’s this nonsense I’ve heard about Z Guthrie being All Australian? He’s just alright, nothing special IMO.

Butters would have to be my favourite player in the league to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not a fan of this constant aggravation of a player to the point they react.
It’s happening to Sicily and in this game Stewart - is it in the “spirit” of the game
Sorry, can’t agree. Why Stewart has been free to do as he pleases for years on end staggers me. About time someone gave it to him. Bit of niggle and he loses the plot. Sicily has copped it for years.

Cats coming crashing back to earth. Just not that good

They're stats across the board have been upper middle of table across a lot of stats, with centre clearances being distinctly mid-table.

Main thing they've been really been good with is pressure and tackling.

Feels like this game is more of the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back