Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t McLeod and Edwards hold this all-time record?
Might be a year out of date but you can work some out

307Andrew McLeod & Tyson EdwardsAD1995-2010

305 Joel Selwood & Tom Hawkins GE 2007-2022

301 Adam Goodes & Jude Bolton SY 1999-2013

293 Brent Harvey & Drew Petrie NM 2001-2016

289 Kevin Bartlett & Francis Bourke RI 1967-1981

287 Scott West & Brad Johnson WB 1994-2008

283 Jack Riewoldt & Trent Cotchin RI 2008-2023

280 Nathan Burke & Stewart Loewe SK 1987-2002

279 Shane Edwards & Jack Riewoldt RI 2007-2022

278 Stephen Silvagni & Craig Bradley CA1986-2001

277 Scott Pendlebury & Steele Sidebottom CW 2009-2023

Having previously lived in both SA and Qld I can tell you the heat in Qld is a far different beast to that of SA. SA tends to be clear heat low humidity, Qld more not as hot on the temperature gauge but far more humidity which can really sap your energy if you're not used to it.
A 40 degree dry Adelaide day is more comfortable than 34 degree humid Brisbane day.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crouch and Laird are absolute pigs at the trough trying to get the ball. Them having a feeding frenzy could be the difference. If they starve, the team will starve.

Not so much starve, we're a team reliant in turnovers moreso than our inside play. More we get dragged into a shootout at best, due to the other tean being on top at the clinches and there is no point having a good offense if the defense leaks like a sieve.

Im from Mt Gambier, but lived in Adelaide for 20 years. Now here on the Sunshine Coast. Its still humid here, but January was really bad. Overnight temps of about 25-26 and 85%-90% humidity. Forty degrees back in SA is more bearable.
That said, its only supposed to be 27 on the GC on Saturday, so I reckon game time it will be about 23-24, but the humidity will take effect on our guys in the second half. I remember going to the Gabba a few years ago when we played Brisbane (Hugh Greenwoods first game), the game was in May and our boys were hunched over during the 3rd quarter.
Im heading down to the GC to watch this one. Hoping the Suns may have got ahead of themselves after beating Richmond.
This summer on the gold coast was the worst i’ve experienced in the 22 years I’ve been here..

The humidity was beyond a joke.. and, as you say, it was all day and night. Weeks and weeks of it with no southeasterly’s to bring relief.

Had one of the days on a civil construction site I work on that was 40 degrees and 100% humidity.. It made, from what I remember of 40 degree days in Adelaide, seem like a walk in the park. It was physically and mentally draining and I’m not even on the tools anymore.

Guys were dropping like flies.

Seems to have cooled off in the last couple of weeks though.. today was beautiful.. sunny with a nice ocean breeze.. swell is absolutely pumping too..

This summer on the gold coast was the worst i’ve experienced in the 22 years I’ve been here..

The humidity was beyond a joke.. and, as you say, it was all day and night. Weeks and weeks of it with no southeasterly’s to bring relief.

Had one of the days on a civil construction site I work on that was 40 degrees and 100% humidity.. It made, from what I remember of 40 degree days in Adelaide, seem like a walk in the park. It was physically and mentally draining and I’m not even on the tools anymore.

Seems to have cooled off in the last couple of weeks though.. today was beautiful.. sunny with a nice ocean breeze.. swell is absolutely pumping too..

So you've been a sweaty clam all summer?

no wonder you're grouchy

Having previously lived in both SA and Qld I can tell you the heat in Qld is a far different beast to that of SA. SA tends to be clear heat low humidity, Qld more not as hot on the temperature gauge but far more humidity which can really sap your energy if you're not used to it.
We’ve had a record run of nights above 20 degrees (plus humidity). Been very uncomfortable. Chance of showers on Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH if it is humid with a chance of rain it could be a day for the mudlarks in Crouch, Berry and Laird.

Might also be tough on the talls

I'm expecting a massive game from Rankine to show GC what they missed out on.

A 25+ possession, three goal BOG performance which will make the competition stand up and make David King look like the fool for his previous comments

Gotta agree mate !

I’m not quite as North as you but it’s literally been humid since September and any trip to Adelaide or Melbourne I just feel the relief even if 36 degs +++

I reckon our boys will be cramping up in last quarter , won’t be quite as bad as giants stadium last year though

I wish we’d done a camp anywhere from Coffs Harbour to GC as prep for this

I'm expecting a massive game from Rankine to show GC what they missed out on.

A 25+ possession, three goal BOG performance which will make the competition stand up and make David King look like the fool for his previous comments
Last time he played Suns was 13 pretty average touches and 0 goals.

Why is this time different?

Last time he played Suns was 13 pretty average touches and 0 goals.

Why is this time different?

Because it's a different week and there is a decent amount of randomness in football. If it was static, it wouldn't be interesting.

Especially if Rankine position switches to one where he's going to be more involved, which would inevitably happen if he spends 35-50% of the time in midfield. After all, that does remove the break point of small forwards, which is you are reliant on others.

25 and 3 is very optimistic, mind you.

The swell was huge this morning, and thats on an enclosed beach. THe wind has been bad as well. They reckon the humidity is here to stay for a while yet. Hopefully there is a nice breeze Saturday night.

He was distracted , trying too hard etc

They got in his head

If he’s clear headed I’m sure he can make a big statement in this game
Long played on Rankine in Darwin. I agree he got in Rankine's head.

Long did not play in Opening round and I doubt he will play against Crows. Uwland/Budarick will probably play on Rankine when he moves forward.

Arrgghhh....https://www.zerohanger.com/taylor-walker-touch-and-go-for-round-1-selection-148266/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Zero+Hanger&utm_source=Twitter

Bugga...

Back